Reviews: tahleiwatson3203

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 30

This was a strange place. A fair way out of the city - not difficult to get to time consuming. It was run down and a bit grimy, but pretty social and I met some cool people there. I wouldn't stay there again if I had a choice, but I didn't have a terrible time.

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

I really enjoyed my stay here. Having just three single beds in a big room was a nice change from cramped dorms - plenty of space to spread out. The kitchen and common area are awesome. Location wise it's a quick trip into Williamsburg, which is awesome, or a bit longer into the heart of Manhatten, with easy transfers to other lines. It's pricey, but its NY... I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it. Only improvement I can think of would be a little table or stool in the bathrooms.

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

The hostel was clean, staff were helpful, but that was about the best thing. Tiny dorms, one power outlet in the room which powered the fridge and aircon so it was hard to charge your things - that sort of stuff makes a big difference to your stay these days. The place had zero character and no common area, which I guess makes sense because it is an "Inn" not a hostel. I didn't really like that area of midtown - not a lot going on round there. It really was just a place to stay.

Thank you for your review! Each room has 2 seprare outlets and at least 1 of the 2 outlets has a 6 prong add on. It is very important, that's why when the building was renovated, we made sure of it. I'm not sure if you had a chance to see the local area but other then the many attractions like the empire state building (2 blocks away) all of 34th st., times square (less then a 10 min walk), grand central, the crysler building...there are many great restaurants and pubs.

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

Loved this place. The little details like electrical outlets in the lockers and curtains on the bunks make a big difference. The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was great and the hostel itself has tons of character in an excellent location. I did the Friday night bar crawl and met some great people. Overall a fantastic experience.

Meh, the location was good - that was the best thing going about this hostel, plus it's quite cheap. They seem to be having a bed bug problem at the moment - I was moved rooms and the second room was much cleaner and nicer than the first. The staff are fairly indifferent, and the advertised breakfast and free beer nights were very lame - we had to ask for the advertised free beer. Breakfast is toast, tea and coffee and a small yoghurt each. The people I met there were very friendly.

Bluewater Lodge

Nadi, Fiji

Vardar Family Pension

Selcuk, Turkey

The best thing is the people who run the place, its like staying with family. The location is good right in the middle of the saturday market, and close to the bus station. They are very accommodating if you have an overnight bus. Free wifi and also a computer to use for free. There could have been more hot water, and the door from our room to the communal balcony didn´t lock. I would stay there again. Great value for money.

Riad Basma

Marrakech, Morocco

Beautiful riad in a great spot. Not hard to find. Lovely decoaration. Fantastic roof terrace and good breakfast. I agree with some previous comments about the curtain seperating the bedroom from the bathroom, but sometimes a flimsy wooden door provides the same amount of privacy. It wasn´t a problem for us. Watch out for the tourist tax of 2.60€ per person per night which isn´t included in the price. It pushes up the price a fair bit over a couple of days. Would definitely stay here again.

If I could give Lavender 200% for character I would, the place is so cool. And quiet - the quietest place I have slept for a long time. Fantastic location - walking distance to everything. Many thanks to Adam who gave us great recommendations and generally made sure we had a great time. I´d love to come back and spend more time at Lavender and make more use of the cool common area and balconies. Thanks again!

Riad Zahraa

Meknes, Morocco

Staying at Riad Zahraa was like staying with family. And indeed the family who run it go out of their way to help you with anything. The free pick up from the train station was very appreciated, as was the tour of the house and the info on Meknes. We had a small problem with our bathroom which was fixed with total efficiency and helpfullness. Breakfast and dinner were both fantastic - the waiter is very attentive! Thanks so much.

Dar El Ma

Fez, Morocco

This place is beautiful. It is a traditional house that has been renovated in the most beautiful way. I loved it, I want my own Dar El Mar. The roof terrace has fantastic views over Fez, the bed was super comfortable, the shower room is very cool! Breakfast was delicious and the staff were really nice. There are only two rooms so it would be really nice for two couples together, though of course it was great individually as well. Love love love it.

Riad Douzi

Marrakech, Morocco

Right in the medina, great spot, though impossible to find the first time! The breakfast was fantastic and the staff very nice. The room was comfortable and it was very quiet at night despite being right in the heart of the medina. Good value. Definitely recommend it.