Reviews: brettharmon

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Chillton 2

Belgrade, Serbia

The people who work here are amazing. Seriously the best.

Hostel City Center Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

One of the nicer hostels I've ever stayed in. The key card system is super convenient and the staff rules.

Cirque Hostel

Lima, Peru

The location is perfect. It's a 15 minute walk from the touristy center of the neighborhood, which is a good thing because the reality is that some of the best bars and restaurants in Miraflores are actually within a few blocks of the hostel in the northwest part of Miraflores. The house is nice and clean. The staff is super friendly. Stay here.

Arica Surf House

Arica, Chile

This is a super nice hostel in a town that for most people is just a stopping point for a night before crossing into Peru. The town itself is actually pretty nice and a good place to hang out and relax for a few days and go surfing. The private ensuite room is nice and clean, as is the rest of the hostel. The included breakfast and coffee is by far the best we had in Chile, where most places don't even offer breakfast.

Ô de Casa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

I stayed at the old one three years ago and it was great so it was an easy decision to come to the new one when I was back in SP. This one is even better and right in the center of everything in Vila Madalena. The common areas are great and the private ensuite room is perfect. The dorms are nice but the communal toilet room is kinda weird.

This hostel is completely beautiful in an amazing natural setting. Rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. The beaches are some of the nicest in Brazil. The lack of internet at the hostel was incredibly inconvenient at first, but we came to realize this is an issue in all of Trinadade. With an internet connection (I work online while traveling), I probably could have stayed here for two weeks.

Dear Brett,Thank you very much for your beautiful review.We are always happy to hear some positive feedback.Negative feedback that makes sense is also okay as it just helps us to get even better.We understand the inconvenience of being without internet and we are happy to announce that WE FINALLY HAVE FREE WiFi!!!!!!!Sorry it came late...Warm regards,Trindade Sea and Forest Hostel

Submarino Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

They are the best. Perfect location. Fun. Probably the best time I've had at a hostel in all of South America.

Unplugged Hostel Punta del Diablo

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Too crowded when everyone is there at the same time and the rooms are cramped. Other than that, the staff is super nice and it's pretty close to everything in town. The backyard is pretty and the hammocks are nice for relaxing.

Hostel 41 Below

Bariloche, Argentina

My girlfriend and I spent a few days here and would have stayed longer if it was not entirely booked. The house is beautiful and clean and the staff is super friendly. The beds were comfortable and the bedding clean, which was quite the welcome change from the hostel that we'd come from. My only complaint is that I hate communal bathrooms.

Tangoinn Hostel Downtown

Bariloche, Argentina

Decent hostel but a bit large for my taste. The first room we were in wasn't the cleanest, but the staff was cool about moving us to another room. Staff was friendly and helpful for the most part.

Thank you Brett!

Hostel Mora Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

This is the best hostel I've ever been to. The breakfast is excellent, the laundry is free, the yard is amazing. It's a short walk from the bus terminal. The staff, especially Carolina, is incredibly nice and helpful. I wish I could have stayed longer!

Casa Verde Limon

Valparaiso, Chile

We had a private double room in the apartment next door for two nights and then decided to the spend a third night but had to take a private single in the main building as the double was already booked. The apartment next door is just two double rooms with a shared bathroom and kitchen and is beautiful and private and amazing. The room in the main building didn't have a window but shared a beautiful kitchen and living space. Location is perfect.

Hostal Forestal

Santiago, Chile

Bathrooms and kitchen were nice and clean. Carpet in the dorm rooms is a bit strange. The BBQ area is nice for meeting people, though some of the windows of the dorm rooms face the patio and it can stay loud pretty late if you're trying to sleep. Five minute walk to Pio Nono and easy access to the subway.

Hotel Central

Casablanca, Morocco

Nice rooms, sweet rooftop, super friendly staff and a decent breakfast. Easily walkable from the Casa Port train station. Don't be like us and walk from Voyagers- it's no fun.

North House Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

In a nice neighborhood in the north of the city where you don't have to worry about being robbed at night. The staff is friendly and helpful and the barbeque in the backyard was a good time.

La Casa Roja

Santiago, Chile

This place is fun. Great for meeting people and staying up all night, but also easy enough to do your own thing and avoid the party if you want to. Probably the only "big" hostel I've really enjoyed.

Hostel Internacional Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

10 am check out and they charge you 30 pesos if you miss it. Not allowed to bring in outside beer or wine for dinner, basically so you can buy theirs at bar prices. One piece bedsheet/pillow case is terrible.

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

The rooftop terrace is amazing- make sure to take a nap in the hammock. The staff are super nice and they are really cool about storing your bag and letting you hang out after check out.