Reviews: stephgomes2217

• Portugal, Female, 31-40
PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
11th Nov 2015

It´s not my type of hostel as it's way too big...I actually wandered around twice to see if I could find the restaurant/breakfast area or the pool/sauna, maybe the facilities are great but I just couldnt find it by an easy search. Also I felt it was a pain to have the "kitchen" area (no stove but you have a microwave) on the opposite side of the building which meant I'd always have to go down a floor, cross the reception and go up a floor for a simple cup of coffee or tea. Still clean & central

• Portugal, Female, 31-40
The Oldmill Holiday Hostel, Westport, Ireland
12th Jun 2015

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt, Frankfurt, Germany
7.1
11th Aug 2014

Hostel Mundo Chiquito, Kyoto, Japan
30th Sep 2013

I had a wonderful time here :) Since it´s such a small hostel you get to meet everyone and everyone that works here is so nice too!!! Also liked the style in the dorm room, with the curtains separating each bed. Loved it ;)

Amistat Beach Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7.4
3rd Aug 2013

My four bedroom was waaaaaay to tiny. And the mattress was a bit stained. other than that the main area was really nice and itd very close to the beach which was great.

The Walrus Hostel, London, England
6.3
30th Mar 2013

The bunk beds squeeked like crazy any time someone moved during the night. Also you could hear the train very loudly from your room. Would definitely not recommend to someone that has trouble sleeping as I usually sleep like a rock and was not able to rest.

• Portugal, All Female Group, 25-30
Pension Mariluz, Barcelona, Spain
29th Dec 2012

• Portugal, Couple, 25-30
TwentySix, Coleraine, Northern Ireland
31st Jul 2011

I liked the hostel, the only thing that really disappointed me was finding hairs in the sheets...which is such a pity because the hostel does have potential. Clean sheets and it would have been perfect!!! The downstairs door was always open but then again Coleraine felt very safe didnt seem like anyone would come in, people say hi on the streets :)

• Portugal, Couple, 25-30
Derry City Independent Hostel, Derry, Northern Ireland
7.3
30th Jul 2011

I think it could have been much better...it was actually a nice hostel but if it was cleaner it would be 5 stars

The Linen House Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
5.0
18th Jul 2011

The staff was nice and the hostel though in a not the nicest (as in safest) looking alley is in the city centre. I didnt use the shower because it looked old and disgusting :( Sheets were very old and ripped but seemed clean, I hope! usable if only for a night

L' Imbarcadero, Venice, Italy
8.7
9th Apr 2011

Very central, close to train and bus station, family atmosphere, nice rooms and not too big so that there are not really waiting lines for bathrooms...dont think there is any ensuite though only one room has a sink in it. Very nicely decorated!!! Friendly staff!!

• Ireland,
Globetrotters/The Townhouse, Dublin, Ireland
5.7
7th Apr 2011

I only stayed one night and was glad because I wasn't happy with my room. I've stayed in alot of hostels and I my room was quite dirty, decided not to take a shower because it all looked filthy. Its those kind of dark rooms with an carpet floor. The kitchen area didnt look bad though; didnt get to try the breakfast because I left early. Quite close to centre though but I'd prefer other hostels also in the centre and which I have been to and was very happy with.

Finnegan's Hostel, Tralee, Ireland
4.0
12th Jul 2010

Oh my,where do I start. Have been in plenty hostels and this one was definitely not good at all. No security at all;even staff would ask to use our bathroom and no one saw us leaving at all. BLOOD on my duvet () can u believe?! (swapped it with an empty bed) Cold water which I complained of and they let me take a shower in someone elses double room!!! CRAZY! Very dirty. Didnt get the room I booked for because it was full and they wanted me to pay more but of course I didnt! Very disappointed

Killarney Sugan Hostel, Killarney, Ireland
6.7
11th Jul 2010

The breakfast area is tiny and the variety is very weak. Bathroom isnt the best as well but the hostel is in the centre and cute. Has a traditional look to it. Would stay there for 2 or 3 days with no problem.

Belfast International Youth Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
4.0
1st Mar 2010

Oporto Poets Privates, Porto, Portugal
6.7
27th Dec 2009

This hostel is actually divided in two different hostls: one more modern and another one more traditional. Both very nice and with garden but the traditional one is in a "not so bright" ally and a bit colder. Even though, I would stay there again. It had tipical portuguese christmas food for breakfast as well as the normal bread and cereal which was nice.

Jacobs Inn, Dublin, Ireland
8.7
12th Nov 2009

The only thing I could say is that unfortunately my room didn't have tv and it was a three bed private...though I did get free towels (no hire). Other than that it was great; warm and clean.

Abigails Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
7.7
23rd May 2009

The location is absolutely perfect, you couldn\'t ask for a better spot, right in the centre and right next to all the pubs. What I didn\'t like at all was the idea of not having the possibility to put my bag (which wasn\'t that big) in a safe locker since the lockers are pretty small. It also isn\\\'t nice to sleep with a cover that isn\'t changed, they only give you the bottom sheet and pillow case,you can always ask for the top one though.

Columbus Circle Hostel, New York, USA
9th Apr 2009

The bathroom (at least the one on the first floor) had absolutely no space!! The worst part would be being on the toilet; I actually had to keep the door slightly open so my knees could fit :S And I am not tall.. :S But it was very clean, though I don't know if it will always be since it is very new so things look brand new for now. But still a great clean and warm place.