Reviews: marymcdonald8963

Belford Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Not a terrible place to stay, but certainly wouldn't recommend it to people I liked :) The wifi is only accessible in the common room which is super annoying, the rooms were super tight even by European standards, and it wasn't very clean (the blankets were reused, seriously, and no top sheet...so basically you're sleeping with a blanket that's been used by who knows how many people..). The bonus is the staff were awesome to me. Sherrilyn I believe her name was, really went above and beyond

• 30th Aug 2014

This hostel is really more of a hotel with a couple of dorms. The room was really big and clean! Met some fabulous people! Only downside is that it is located 20 minutes from the city centre, but it's a nice walk. Staff were knowledgeable and pleasant, though several times when I went to the desk there was no one there so I had to come back later.

• 3rd Sep 2013

Hi :) Thanks for rating us! Hope you enjoyed Vienna! Kind regards Your M-Team

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Loved this hostel! Awesome atmosphere, decent location and helpful staff!

• 1st Sep 2013

Caveland

Santorini, Greece

LOVED this hostel! Really cute, well kept, awesome staff, and good atmosphere! They have a pool which is lovely, as the nearest beach is a 40 minute walk. Fira is 20 minutes away by foot and I would definitely recommend renting a quad for at least one day while you're here! So much easier! Free bfast was basic (cereal/toast/tea/coffee) but still appreciated. Stayed for 4 days but would have loved to stick around longer :)

• 25th Aug 2013

Dioskouros

Athens, Greece

This hostel is nothing special but has a fabulous location. Free bfast was nice! We checked in late and the reception clerk had no change for our payment, had no city maps and seemed disorganized. The place is a little run down, but the basics are provided.

• 23rd Aug 2013

The Pink Palace

Corfu, Greece

This place is excellent if you like to party and are also needing to up your dairy intake because the bar after 2am turns into a huge orgy complete with whip cream. It's not my thing, but hey! My friend and I stayed in a private room and it was comfortable, though a long walk to the beach. Free bfast and dinner is a HUGE plus and it's fab food! Beach is super rocky, hard to enter and rough, but still enjoyable.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Bunk Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

My sister and I (both pretty well travelled) stayed here and could not believe the a) crap service, b) the lack of attention paid to cleanliness or c) and price of internet!!! The staff were not helpful and acted like they had better things to be doing. We got checked into a room that was filthy and one of our beds was being used, so we asked for a new room, and the FD girl came up to the crap room and picked up the gross food and clothes off the bed and said it was "clean now!". Never again.