Reviews: rhyandonnellycallcut101

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Capsule Inn Kinshichou

Tokyo, Japan

Don't bother- I booked 2 nights here and had arrived late (midnight) on my first night, which I had emailed ahead and advised (was due to snow delaying my flight), and was very rudely 'told' by the staff (who spoke no English) that I had to come back at 1500 to check in, not at midnight, despite the fact I had paid for two nights. The place had little security and was a massive waste of time and money, forcing me to find another hostel at midnight. The common room and reception were disgusting

• 14th Feb 2015

Anne Hostel Yokozuna

Tokyo, Japan

Simply put- I'd stay here again. The check in time (1600!) is an absolute joke, and the staff genuinely have no interest in you until after 1600. Thereafter they're alright. The bunks and rooms and clean and quirky, and facilities are good. Place is newish so isn't falling apart, but is a bit... empty lol. Atmosphere was good, although they're nazi's when it comes to 0130 (no noise) even in the kitchen/ lounge. Location is easily commutable via public transport and to tourist sites too.

• 12th Feb 2015

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Simply put- yes I'd stay here again. The location is fine, easily commutable via public transport. Facilities are average but clean. Was cool in the sense that the beds/ bunks were pseudo-capsules (wooden ones) which was quirky, but the place has little atmosphere and security is pretty lax (but as it most of Japan). The checkin/ out time is horrendous especially for a hostel but does seem to be a trend.

• 11th Feb 2015

Akureyri Backpackers

Akureyri, Iceland

In short - I would stay here again. Good location, nice rooms, cleaned daily and the bar makes some okay burgers (although pricey). They do charge extra for anything above a mattress (sheets etc), and the staff are a little hit and miss. The bar is open to anyone, so expect locals and loud late night jams to happen frequently- does make it a little difficult to meet people and the showers are through the bar which could be a little awkward for some. But other than that, really good!

• 26th Dec 2014

HI Copa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This is a stock standard HI hostel. They have various properties throughout Copa, so don't expect to be at the main one (shown), which means no wifi. The location is great for Copa and 15 from Ipenema. I did one of the tours (Jesus, stairs and sugarloaf), which was decent. Staff are complete hit and miss, so don't expect much from them. Also had my passport stolen and bag from the hostel, so be weary (again, no help from staff). Good atmosphere, but that's more because of the ppl staying there!

• 7th Feb 2013

Langholmens Vandrarhem STF/HI

Stockholm, Sweden

I didn't think that it was made clear enough that the hostel is in fact a operating museum, and that viewers will be in the building at any time- I had an unfortunate incident when I walked out of the shower room in just a towel to find 30+ people starring at me. I also contracted ringworm from the linen provided. It serves more as a dorm-room hotel than hostel- was no common area for hostel stayers to socialise, which kind of defeats the purpose of one. The place is cool- but not a warm hostel

• 23rd Mar 2012

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Cool owner, all very helpful. Had some good times here. It's nothing fantastic, but for all backpackers it's what you need!

• 31st Jul 2011