Reviews: rickalgar2124

Step Inn Guest House and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Phong Lan

Hue, Vietnam

This is lovely hotel/hostel. The staff are charming and the rooms are immaculate, all with excellent en suite facilities. I would recommend this hotel without reservation; one of the very best I have stayed at and excellent value for money.

Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Only stayed one night but a pleasant experience. The 'happy hour' was a happy half-hour as the person serving disappeared on other duties. Nonetheless,a good way to get chatting to fellow travellers.

Zanzibar Lodge

Zanzibar, Tanzania

A good base for exploring Zanzibar Town, the hostel consists of three double rooms in a larger block. There is no communal area other than the small reception/dining area. Breakfast was of a good quality, omelette, tea/coffee, fruit, bread, jam and juice. The owner is helpful and can arrange trips for you. I arranged a pick-up from the airoport and I would recommend that anyone looking to stay here arrange a pick-up or at least contact the owner by phone as the place is very difficult to find.

Mooreland Hotel

Nairobi, Kenya

A very good value for money hotel with lots of local bars nearby. A short taxi drive from the centre and coach departure points.

Annexe Kingz Plaza

Dakar, Senegal

Only stayed for 5 hours on a quick overnight stop from airport before heading for gare routiere but overall impression was good. A bit out of the way to find but as long as your taxi driver calls them before setting off, they will be able to tell him how to get there.

Hostal Hamacas Granada

Granada, Nicaragua

Dos Molinos B&B

San Pedro Sula, Honduras

I received an excellent welcome from the owners. Luis was waiting for me at the airpòrt as agreed. On my arrival at the hotel, I was able to get a much-neede bottle of cold beer. In the morning, the owners went out of their way to help me to get a bus from SPS to Copan Ruinas and made several phone calls on my behalf to make sure that things went smoothly.

The North Hotel

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Adventure Lodge

Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

An OK hostel, pretty quiet when I was there. The downside was that it lacked atmosphere; the upside was that I had a four-bed dorm to myself. The pool was out of order which didn't matter too much as I had a busy schedule but it would have been a pain had I hoped to relax by the pool. Staff varied from very helpful to ok. Breakfast was pretty poor - wouldn't bother eating there. Might be worth considering Shoestrings which is a bit nearer the centre and had more atmosphere.

Penthouse on long

Cape Town, South Africa

A good venue, ideal for the Long Street nightlife, but quietly tucked away on the 6th floor. Very helpful and friendly staff. Clean, safe, nicely decorated and good overall atmosphere, although the hostel and Long Street were comparatively quiet when I was there.

Rooms a bit cramped and not the cheapest. However, great staff, great atmosphere, good location, reasonably priced beer etc, cooking facilities for DIY catering. Definitely worth a stay.

Riad Massine II

Marrakech, Morocco

Good value for money hostel in great location in the medina. Friendly and very helpful staff. Well worth staying.

Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel

Amman, Jordan

Good hostel for the price in a quiet location but still very close to Downtown Amman.