Reviews: Kat86

Location Australia, Gender Female, Age 30

TZ Party Hostel, Kuta, Indonesia
24th Nov 2015

Fantastic place with amazing pools that's right not one but 2 pools. Amazing people I loved my stay here.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
TZ Party Hostel, Kuta, Indonesia
15th Nov 2015

I LOVED my time here. Cook your own pancakes for breakfast which is perfect after a big night out as you don't have to be up at the crack of dawn. Brad is a wealth of knowledge and goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and get the most out of your stay. I have given it a 5 star rating which it deserves but don't think any hostel doesn't have its pros and cons, one here being the noise it is loud but Kuta is loud and if you expect anything less for such a central location your crazy.

Backpackers In Paradise, Surfers Paradise, Australia
6.0
17th Oct 2014

I stayed here and out room was not cleaned once, to be honest I don't think it was cleaned before we got there, all four girls in the room checked in on the same day and there was a condom wrapper on the floor in the bathroom. Our room type was change yes from a larger one to a smaller one but also from one with air conditioning to one with out if it was any hotter it would have been horrible The staff where friendly enough. I didnt like that they cut new keys when old ones went missing security

Sawasdee Bangkok Inn, Bangkok, Thailand
27th Jun 2014

This place is spotless possibly the cleanest hostel I have stayed in in S.E. Asia the atmosphere is lacking and location leaves a lot to be desired.

Pans Place Guesthouse, Vang Vieng, Laos
10th Jun 2014

I loved my stay here the staff are friendly and don't book out your room until you say your leaving so if you don't want to leave it is no problem

LPQ Backpackers Hostel, Luang Prabang, Laos
6th Jun 2014

I didn't like that the dorm room where never locked and that the sinks never had soap, the beds are hard but the location and aircon was good. I would stay here again :-)

HI Siem Reap, Siem Reap, Cambodia
8.0
5th Jun 2014

The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
2nd Jun 2014

the staff here are amazing and the atmosphere is perfect for meeting new friends I have already recommended this place to some of my friends.

Town House 50 Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
29th May 2014

I didn't like that my room was en suite yet did not have a bathroom and the only bathroom as a small shower cubical with no where to put my dry towel or clothes meaning it was not very private when other guests had to walk past to get to their rooms. If you sell something make sure you supply what you say you have, when I mentioned this to the staff I got no help at all.

Vip Garden Homestay, Hoi An, Vietnam
2.0
26th May 2014

This is the worst place I have ever stayed the owner/man that checked me in was extremely creepy he tried to hug me and sniffed me as he did so. I was forced to change rooms after my first night as they put me in the wrong room type and to make things worse I then woke up to find all of me belongings covered in thousands of ants, I was finding them in my bags for days. I would recommend that you keep looking and DO NOT STAY HERE

Oslo Hostel Central, Oslo, Norway
19th May 2014

This was one of the cleanest hostels I have stay in, good location comfortable beds only down sides where the lack of atmosphere and the kitchen was not stocked very well for cooking no bowls and either tiny or giant saucepans to cook with. I would stay here again.

Sultan Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
18th May 2014

The staff here are amazing, as a solo traveller they introduced me to other guests and where genuinely nice people. The only down side is that there is only 1 key for each dorm and no lockers in the room for my bag, I could lock my valuables away but when the room is left open and I don't yet know my room mates it's not ideal. I would stay here again if I make it back to Turkey

Yakamoz Guesthouse, Istanbul, Turkey
6th May 2014

Very clean and excellent WiFi the only down side is the lack of kitchen access and its hard to meet people if you don't meet someone in your room.

Carpe Noctem Vitae, Budapest, Hungary
3rd May 2014

The atmosphere here is amazing friendly and chilled during the day and party at night the perfect mix for sight seeing and experiencing the night life. The cleanliness was extremely hight for such and large and active hostel. I will continue to recommend this hostel to my friends.

Hostel Blues, Bratislava, Slovakia
8.0
1st May 2014

I enjoyed my stay here the rooms are set out strange my key gave me access to an apartment and from there none of the 3 rooms locked so everyone in my apartment had access to my room. I found it hard to meet people but that could have just been the people in my room so I can't fault the hostel on that.

Hostel Katowice Centrum, Katowice, Poland
30th Apr 2014

I don't like that was no key to the room at all yes I could lock most of my things up but it just didn't feel safe. there was a poor atmosphere but it was extremely clean

Greg & Tom Party Hostel, Krakow, Poland
28th Apr 2014

Amazing hostel stay here if you want to have your day free to sight see and yours nights to party and I really mean party

Thanks a lot!

High 5 Hostel, Gdansk, Poland
25th Apr 2014

Hostel Helvetia, Warsaw, Poland
22nd Apr 2014

Clean and comfortable with a good breakfast, staff are nice but seem to leave reception quiet a bit and their direction could be better. If your looking for a quiet place to get some sleep I would recommend staying be warned the wifi didn't work in my room.

Thanks for the comment. We are working on wi-fi

Blue Sky Hostel, Glasgow, Scotland
29th Mar 2014

So I can see why this place doesn't have amazing reviews its old and in need of some love but it was clean the staff where friendly and the location is good. Charging 5 pounds to make a change on a booking is a rip off never in all my travels have I been told there is a fee to change the booking not cancel just change the day and then when I asked a question I didn't receive and answer.I would stay here again but given the choice I would try somewhere else before I came back.

Kick Ass Hostels, Edinburgh, Scotland
27th Mar 2014

Amazing every one should stay here its only only been open a few days and I have already told my friends to book here for their visit to Scotland. it was super clean cheap and good food and drinks in the bar. Some of the best service I've had from the reception team thanks guys and I have to mention Aaron and his amazing free walking tour. One thing I would change is another hook in the showers one is just not enough.

Thanks for the great review . We are on the case for more hooks in the showers . They will be up in next few days. Thanks again for the great review KAH Crew :)

23rd Mar 2014

I love this place I have stayed here before, last time I didn't think it could get any better but some how it is. It's even cleaner then before I saw the kitchen being cleaned 3 times in one day any my room was spotless well apart from the mess my room mates made but I can't fault the hostel on that. The staff are super friendly answering all of my question and chatting and partying with us even if they weren't working. I will always come back to Astor every time I'm in London. Thanks guys

KEX Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
9th Dec 2013

Really cool looking hostel, could do with fixing/ changing things eg. more then one light in the room should work in the room, being able to have a hot shower after being out all night chasing the northern lights would have been nice (we tried all different times and only ever had a warm shower) the kitchen was nice but the only place to meet people with out going to their bar our room was next to the kitchen and was quite noisy. I stayed on the 4th floor and my key opened the 3rd floor as well

Jacobs Inn, Dublin, Ireland
15th Nov 2013

Amazing staff, very clean, free walking your every day and they organize pub crawls free breakfast, amazing staff (I know I said it twice but they are so good it needs to be said twice)

Amazing guests !

Feel Hostels City Center, Malaga, Spain
7th Sep 2013

Worst beds ever could do with a hoover but amazing location and even better staff I would stay here again.

The Garden Backpacker, Seville, Spain
3rd Sep 2013

I have already recommended this place to friends, it is amazing I loved it so much I extended my stay. Friendly informative staff, clean, good location comfy beds, free sangria, amazing tours every thing you could need or want in a hostel is here.

Old Town Lagos Hostel, Lagos, Portugal
1st Sep 2013

This place is amazing don't look any further, stay here you won't regret it. The staff are amazing Hugo's tour is a must.

Castle Rock Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
2nd Jun 2013

Staff here are very friendly they make this place amazing. Only down side way trying to get a mug for tea and coffee when that party was on the the kitchen closed we got snapped at for asking but all is good no real problem.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
31st May 2013

27th May 2013

This place is amazing best hostel I've been to and I've stayed in a lot of hostels. Staff are so helpful and friendly. The vibe is easy going and really easy to meet other travelers. Bathrooms are spotless I saw the ones in the common area being cleaned 3 times in one day. I love the location it was easy to get every I wanted to go in London.

Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
19th Mar 2013

The Fort Boutique Hostel, York, England
10th Mar 2013

To check in you have to go to the bar next door where it seems like its a hassle to check you in. I emailed the hostel twice and did not receive a response once. the wifi did not work in our room and we where told we should have sat in the common area in the middle of the night to use it, ok not so bad you say well it would have been ok if there was heating in the common area it was so cold it was snowing out side. There was no atmosphere do not stay here if you want to meet people.

18th Feb 2013

The hostel was extremely clean, the breakfast was amazing. Staff not overly friendly except one night receptionist from Brazil. The atmosphere was lacking i would stay here again tho.

28th Sep 2012

Never thought i would give a hostel 100% but i love everything about it clean fun safe and knows how to party

Clink78, London, England
4.6
23rd Sep 2012

staff was rude at reception i didn't enjoy my stay

St Christopher's at The Winston, Amsterdam, Netherlands
7.4
25th Aug 2012

nice place to stay very central but hard to meet people as the only common area is the bar

Flying Pig Uptown, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.3
22nd Aug 2012

poor security i got up to go to the loo in the middle of the night then when i got back to my bed there was a strange guy in my bed

20th Aug 2012

st christophers is new and clean the area is ok i wouldnt like to walk around after dark on my own but its fine with a friend. the only common area is a bar which makes it hard to meet new people.the rooms and bathrooms where very clean the beds even have a privace curtain.

Enjoyss, San Sebastian, Spain
17th Aug 2012

i enjoyed my time and enjoySS the staff where realy nice and even managed to give the hostel atmosphere with out a common room. the bathrooms could have been alittle cleaner but with the number of people using them they where good

Equity Point Madrid, Madrid, Spain
14th Aug 2012

equity point was anaverage hostel. breakfast was dissapointing the rooms where clean the top bunk was very high poor rails and terrible ladder. for the number of people stay here the atmosphere was dismal

Mambo Tango Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
8th Aug 2012

wow this hostel diserves its high rating. i stayed for 6 nights and every single staff member was so friendly i met alot of realy cool people. they even let my friends that where staying at other hostels join in with the activities. it is one of the best hostels i have staying in and i dont say that often.

Be Dream Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7.4
3rd Aug 2012

this hostel is close to an amazing beach but a little far from main street. the staff where more then friendly but i found it hard to meet people

Antares Hostel, Nice, France
31st Jul 2012

Antares is an amazing hostel full of aussies but i cant complain i am one the pasta party is such an easy way to meet people. i would recomnd any of my friends stay here

M&J Hostel, Rome, Italy
7.7
22nd Jul 2012

there is no air con not even a fan as stated on the facitilies list i'm glad the weather cooled down other wise sleeping might have been almost impossible the shower was clean as where the rooms. it would have been nice to be told about the construction happening in the room next door.

Thank you for your comment. Unortunately we cannot control the temperature outside the hostel ( this maybe have been the hottest year since 230years a go!). About the construction, we are really sorry but since now the future guests can enjoy private bath in the room :) See you next time U will be in Rome. thank you.

Athenstyle, Athens, Greece
19th Jul 2012

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Pension Glockenhaus, Innsbruck, Austria
5.7
26th Jun 2012

there is no security at all no keys for the rooms or the building any one could walk in at any time. there is no common room = hard to meet fellow travelers unless they are in your room, the only place to sit on to use my lap top was in the hall way. the hostel was very clean and the staff plesent but not very talkative

MEININGER Salzburg City Center, Salzburg, Austria
21st Jun 2012

Very friendly staff, nice beds, amazing Internet but small kitchen

Hello! Thank you very much for your comment. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Kind regards Your Meininger-Salzburg Team

The Treehouse, Grunau im Almtal, Austria
19th Jun 2012

The tree house is amazing the perfect place to stop in the Austrian alps. I felt like I was staying with family.

16th Jun 2012

The bar it's staff are super friendly only major downer was the tiny kitchen

Hostel99, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
4.0
14th Jun 2012

DO NOT DO THE RAFTING staff did not apologies for a huge stuff up the other involved all revived one. Good location ok beds and horrible shower both of them and only 2 toilets

PLUS Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
6.6
13th Jun 2012

I checked in late and when I got to my room I found that I didn't have any sheets do I had to go back to reception to get get then and then make my bed at 1am the next day house keeping came in and made the rest of the beds for the new guests meaning if they checked in late like me they could do it with out waking the room. While I was staying there people had things stolen from there room by some one not staying at the hostel. Plus is a long way out of the city and not in a nice area after dark

Retox Party Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
9th Jun 2012

my stay was so much fun retox party hostel lives up to its name party party party the room are large and clean (bathrooms get very wet very quickly) the staff are all amazing i felt at home from the moment i walked in the door. i would stay here again in a heart beat infact i've already told friends tostay when they visit budapest. stay here just dont stay M.I.N.E

Old Town Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
8th Jun 2012

the hosel is small and cosy the room was large with plenty of space for you things. the kitchen clean and functional the lady running the hostel was very friendly and eager to help just ask where to get the best crapes in Zagreb

Hostel Villa Skansi, Hvar, Croatia
5th Jun 2012

amazing staff, friendly atmostphere, functional kitching (only thing missing was washing up liquid i cant was my dishes if i dont have the the equipment) i felt very welcome from the moment i got there the staff made the effort to remember am many names as they could it was AMAZING

Old Town Hostel, Dubrovnik, Croatia
2nd Jun 2012

amazing hotel not to big, mike is a wonderful host i have recomened this hostel to every one that i have spoken to that is going to dubrovnik.

Retox Party Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
18th May 2012

I didn't like that my room did not have lockers in it, they did offer to put any valuables in the office although this was not in a safe just sitting in there. Despite that I would stay there again infact I am trying to work plans so I can stay again. The atmosphere was so welcoming and relaxed the staff more helpful then those at most hostels other then security I can not fault them on anything. you do want to stay here just be prepared to extend your stay in Budapest

Hostel Mondpalast, Dresden, Germany
12th May 2012

Very clean, helpful staff, good facilities, only thing it was lacking was atmosphere.

Citystay Mitte, Berlin, Germany
9th May 2012

A small kitchen even just a microwave in the common area would be good as the only food you can get at the bar is a pizza but other then that nice staff and very clean

Inner Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands
4.9
4th May 2012

i was shocked when i returned to the hostel to be told that some one in my room had the key and i had to go knock on the door to be let in, but i did and there was no one in there. when i retured to reception they had to let me in but where some how going to make it to the room before me??? worried about how i wasgoing to get into the room after my pub crawl i left. thankfuly wheni retured at am i was given a key. i would not have been happy if i was in bed and had to let some one in at 3am