Reviews: bananajane

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 35

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

I had an amazing four nights here. The pub crawl was an excellent way to meet people, especially as I was a solo traveler. The Bike ride was great too. Crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, even in the mist, was fab! If you do the wine tour run by The Edge of the World company, you will have so much fun! A great day out seeing further into California. Everything about this hostel was of high standard. Clean rooms, shower rooms and toilets. The staff are really helpful. Stay here and have fun!

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Staff really helpful and friendly. The outside patio is a great way to meet people. The hostel puts on lots of things to do for each day of the week, which is a good way to meet people, especially for me as a solo traveler. The place is clean and secure which is great. The lockers having power points is a great idea - didn't have to sit waiting for my phone or camera to charge! Would stay here again if I am ever back in LA,

USA Hostels San Diego

San Diego, USA

Had an amazing time here! The staff are so helpful, friendly and great on a night out too! The hostel puts on events which is a great way to meet new people which was important for me as I was a solo traveler. The hostel is clean and secure. The pods are a great idea, you can have a little bit of privacy without waking anyone else up. A great location for the nights out in San Diego. Go to the Shout bar, it's a must. Would recommend this place to everyone!

The bar is a good way to meet people. It is in a good location, city center one side and Grenville Island the other. I was only here for two days but had a good time,

A bit of a pain not having lockers for your bags as they have to go under your bed. Staff were really friendly and helpful. They advertise a pub crawl on Thursdays which is a must but if you are a solo traveller on a Friday or Saturday night this pub crawl happens, just ask reception to be signed up for it. Looking for somewhere to eat, there is a Thai place two doors down called Neon on the left, good value for money and rather good.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

A really relaxed hostel. Staff so friendly and helpful. If I make it back to Chicago I am staying here!

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments of the Chicago Getaway Hostel! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have accommodated you in our top-rated Chicago hostel! Guest feedback is of utmost importance to us and we're constantly refining and improving our services to be the best of the best! We hope to see you again soon! Mat Meadows General Manager

HI - Washington DC Hostel

Washington DC, USA

Good location - subway stop not far away. Do sign up for the activities if a solo traveller, a good way to meet people.

Hello, Great tip! Our activities are a wonderful way to meet people and see the city or maybe get a free dinner at the hostel. Thanks! Kind regards, Casey HI-DC

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Had a real laugh in this hostel. Rooms were clean, staff very very helpful. Enjoyed going to the pool party and $1 a drink bar! A good place if you are a solo traveller.

Even though the hostel is huge, do not be put off if you're a solo traveller. Sign up for the evening activites and you will meet sooooo many people from doing them. The volunteers are amazing, had some of my best nights out in NY with them! Go to Webster Hall night - so much fun!Due to it being a HI hostel be prepared for lots of school kids in the summer - other than that a great place to stay.

H.I. Boston Downtown

Boston, USA

I am travelling on my own and this place met all my needs! Went on the Monday night pub crawl and had an awesome time with staff and guests! Would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Boston!

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I was travelling on my own in Barcelona and this hostel made it an excellent experience. Very friendly staff, excellent location and full of like minded travellers. When, not if, I go back to Barcelona I will be staying there again!