Reviews: rebeccahooton237

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 24

This place is super cool, mainly because the bar/cafe is super fly. The staff seemed to be much more focused on making the restaurant a hit then with the hostel guests. The beer is not cheap but the vibe is cool, I was there on a live music night, so that's neat. The rooms are clean, the top floor is a lounge but most people hang out in the bar downstairs so there isn't much atmosphere up there. Worth it for the bar tho I would say.

• 14th Oct 2013

I only stayed for one night but was not impressed. It is very cool that the hostel was made by hand + on a busier day, maybe it would be more fun. I, however, did not have a great experience. They let people into the room way late at night, turning on the lights to show them around with no thought for those already sleeping. Also, and most importantly, I woke up COVERED in bug bites. I don't know if they were spider bites or what but they itched like hell. Hopefully this problem is dealt with.

• 13th Oct 2013

The staff here made my stay at the hostel, they were so knowledgeable and helpful and sweet too! It was a pleasure to be 'home'. The place is very clean, and it is what you would expect from a chain hostel. It felt like it could be in Europe, which is not a judgment of good or bad, just not very Japanese. They did have a free drinks night which was nice and also are very conveniently located. Also, go to the train sushi restaurant on their map near Asakusa station, delicious.

• 7th Oct 2013

Thank you very much for your message. It is your home!!We are waiting for you coming back for your next stay!! We hope you will stay on Wednesday again for Free Drink Night!!!

I had a wonderful stay here even though it was only for one night. They have an amazing link with a university wherein some students will come to share the local culture with you- just a phone call away! Such an unexpected treat! It is a bit of a walk from the train station, tho close to a subway. The only issue with that is that it is a 15 minute walk to the subway station from the JR station so you might as well just walk to the hostel. Everything else was great, would stay here again!

• 4th Oct 2013

I arrived on K's 5th anniversary party (congratulations!) and had a great night generously fuelled with free food and drinks. The beds are pretty standard bunk bed style, it's very clean and the staff are delightful, there's cheap on-sight laundry and a nice kitchen. Atmosphere-wise, I was reminded of places I've stayed in Europe more so then in Asia, not a bad thing but also not a strong 'Japanese vibe'. They are close to the train station and about 30 min walk to the Peace Park.

• 1st Oct 2013

Hostel Mundo Chiquito

Kyoto, Japan

Mundo Chiquito is truly the loveliest hostel I have ever had the pleasure of calling home. I felt welcome from the moment I arrived and extended my stay so that I wouldn't have to leave! It is easy to get around from their location, easy to find (just follow the instructions in the confirmation email) and easy to have a good time. The dorm looks squished at first but each bed 'room' is quite spacious. If you can stay here, do it. Thank you everyone for starting my travels off on the right foot!

• 24th Sep 2013