Reviews: shonawood

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 29

• 18th Jul 2014

The Tent Village

Interlaken, Switzerland

I loved this place! Great atmosphere, great people and a great view! I would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Jul 2014

Tailor's Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Very much a party hostel

• 11th Jul 2014

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

• 9th Jul 2014

Phoenix Hostel

Above a pub and serves Vegemite for breakfast. So would definitely stay again!

• 1st Jul 2014

Jalan-Jalan Besi

Melaka, Malaysia

A really nice little place. I would definitely stay again. Sam the owner is really helpful. Great location!

• 12th Oct 2010
  • Globetrotter

Great character with great value for money. A place that anyone can chill out in and have a great time. Would def stay again.

A 15 minute walk away from the lake and buses from town back to the hostel finish at 9.30. But it feels like you are out in the moutains, a little retreat. The rooms are a bit damp and there was no toilet paper. It was a nice place though

Trans-Sib Hostel

Irkutsk, Russia

Loved this place. It was no more than 10 beds in total. It is close to the train station, no point staying right in the centre of town as there is nothing really there. Staff were brilliant. Would definately stay again.

Prague Square Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The location could not be better. Perfect spot to see everything. The instructions on finding the hostel could be better as if you don't have a map can be hard to find.

Atmo Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Would definitely recommend this place. Really nice place and the staff go out of their way to help. A bit hard to find the door up to the hostel though. A sign would help. After the bookshop there is a door just before an arch into a courtyard go up and it will be on the 3rd floor. Hope this helps.

PLUS Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

It is a bit of a hike into town, about 20 minutes.

Hootananny Hostel

This place rock's a real place to party if you want to or just chill out. but to get the most out this place you really need to stay a while.

MEININGER London Hyde Park

good place for a few days only let down there is no real common room to meet....

Dear Dino Thank you for your comment. We are happy to inform you that we are planning a refurbishment this summer to create more common space in our Hostel. We hope to see you again in the future! Best regards from the MEININGER Team!

B&B Rigoletto

Verona, Italy

lovely place to stay, a great b&b would stay here again.

Agora Hostel

Catania, Italy

Security is just a joke. You may as well not even have a locker. 3 showers for all the girls on the floor and only 2 for the guys. The bar outside our window was loud but wasn't as loud as I thought it would be. The staff can be helpful.

Penguin Village

Dahab, Egypt

The first room we were in the en-suit we couldn't use because it would flood the whole room, bad bad drainage. On our last night in the next room they tried to fix the air conditioner, which we didn't want or pay for. They were fixing it from 7pm until 10.30pm and they still hadn't fixed it.The staff are nice though.

A true party hostel. Needs a very good clean. Dave ıs a ball of energy and just wants to get everyone envolved.

Hi Shona, Thanks for coming to my hostel with your boyfriend Dino. I see that you were not happy with the cleanliness of my hostel. We have a sign on every dorm room door that requests that all guests put their bags on their beds at mid-day so that my staff can clean the rooms properly. You did not do this once whilst you were here so unfortunately we were not able to clean your room. Our showers are cleaned every 4 hours every day so I am sorry if they were not up to your standard. To sum up Shona, the lack of cleaning your room was not down to my staff as your bags were blocking us working. I also feel that I personally gave you and Dino more personal attention than anyone-else whilst you were here. If you feel that 76% is what that deserves then I am sorry but I cannot give anymore of myself without neglecting other guests. Good luck on your travels - Dave, Flag Hostel.

Great place to stay, would come back again. Eugene gave us a load of information and was always there to help when we needed it. Really comfortable place. Dino and Shona, Australia

The Groove

Budapest, Hungary

Staff were very friendly and helpful, great atmosphere in the hostel

Bokun Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Tony and his family are brilliant hosts we were made to feel really welcome from the moment we got in. A great retreat from the city around it. We loved our stay.

It was a 10 minute walk away from the station in the opposite direction from the attractions, however was located really close to one of the best beer gardens around. We really enjoyed our stay.