Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The hostel could use a communal kitchen!

• 29th Aug 2013

Braga POP Hostel

Braga, Portugal

Excellent place to stay! Very welcoming and helpful staff, cosy rooms, fully equipped kitchen, great location. I was almost sad to leave.

• 28th Jun 2012

Would come back any time to this hostel! Rooms, beds, facilities, staff, breakfast, safety measures: everything excellent, rather new. Be sure to bring a big lock for the lockers under the beds.

• 3rd Sep 2011

Awww... Thanks so much for such lovely rating and comments. It's such a good feeling to know that you were completely happy with our hostel and facilities. We work very hard to make sure that you have the best time away from home whilst travelling and on that note, we would love to have you back again soon! We will look forward to seeing you in Paris again! ;-)

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Okay to stay here for 2 or 3 nights but don't expect much. Although the reception staff was friendly and helpful, it seemed that nobody ever cleaned the shower area while I was there (2 nights). Posters on the doors say "Tell us if it's dirty, we'll be glad to clean it up for you" but this shouldn't be the guests' responsibility. It's a hostel, of course it gets dirty! The air in my 10 bed dorm was bad, no possibility to open a window. Breakfast was poor, kitchen uninviting (small, sticky).

• 23rd Jul 2011

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

Very nice and clean hostel with friendly staff. Great location, felt safe. They kept my luggage safe for the entire day after I checked out. Breakfast was good enough. The kitchen was well equipped and inviting, although the "dining room" seemed a little depressing (basement). Stayed there for the second time, and am likely to come again!

• 22nd Jul 2011

I stayed one night in a 15 bed mixed dorm. Bunk beds were 3 beds on top of each other, which is why they were shaking all the time; annoying. Safety lockers in the room are a plus. Very busy room, people were returning late at night, smelling like cigarettes and alcohol; not very nice to be woken up by that. Bathrooms were okay. However, only 2 very tiny sinks for 15 people seems not very well thought out. Location is unbeatable, though, if you need to get to Victoria Station fast.

• 21st Jul 2011

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

Nice hostel with friendly staff. Although toilets and showers were clean, the sinks leave some cleanness to be desired. What is not so great is that everyone can enter the dorms, as there are no room keys. Theoretically, someone could enter unauthorizedly through the entrance on the ground floor. Locks on the doors might be a good idea to make guests feel safer about their luggage. Also, I have to say that the receptionist gave us wrong directions. :/ All in all a good enough place to stay.

• 8th Oct 2010

Thank you for staying with us and advice of the keys. After I got your comment , I installed the door lock mechanism for the dorm room. I hope that the guests feel safer about their luggage. Thank you very much for your advice. It was really helpful for us. And , We are so sorry about the wrong direction. we also know that we should be professional, so we hope you can stay here again and see our improvement. Thank you again.

Jimmyz Backpackers

Sapporo, Japan

Perfect hostel to stay at! Small size, personal atmosphere, very clean, well equipped kitchen, comfortable beds. Jimmy is nice to talk to. Location is okay, 2 stops from the main station. Locals claimed it was a dangerous area but we felt perfectly safe; didn't notice anything suspicious. The best hostel we stayed at in Japan!

• 6th Oct 2010