Reviews: KarolinkaBG

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 33

The Cat's Pajamas Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I really enjoyed staying here. The neighborhood is lively and very interesting but no super close to the touristy things. This said if you want to get a feel for life in Berlin this is a great hostel for that. The staff is super knowledgable, feiendly and helpful.

Academica Summer Hostel

Helsinki, Finland

It is basic, basic but for the price of hotels in Helsinki this place can't be beat. It is something between a hotel and a hostel and it is giant. So if you are looking for a place to meet other travellers this probably isn't going to be your place.

Soul Kitchen

St Petersburg, Russia

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in Europe. The staff love their jobs and help to get everyone in the hostel interacting with events each night like making Russian borscht and pies. The rooms are super clean. I saw two different cleaning women--one on the morning shift and one on the afternoon/evening shift. I loved everything about this hostel.

Red Emperor Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

We loved the vibe, the feel and the staff of the hostel. They did a load if laundry for us which was easy and fast. There is a bar attached to the hostel but once in the hostel you cannot hear the noise from the bar. Whatsmore, there is a staff member on duty/on call all night. The one bad thing is that the rooms are very, very hot. The dorm room windows don't open enough and there was only one fan.

Terviseks

Tartu, Estonia

We had a great time staying for two nights. There was breakfast (toast, coffee, tea) and the kitchen was easy to use. Without a question, I would stay there again.

Klaipeda Hostel

Klaipeda, Lithuania

We liked our stay. While the hostel isn't very close to the old town it is an easy walk there and the hostel is super close to the bus station.

Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

The location is great. Really great. It's easy to walk to the hot springs. This said the rooms are a little run down and the pool looked pretty dirty. The dirty pool may have just been a result of the time of year--early spring--it just didn't look clean.

• 4th Apr 2013

Falcon Cave Suites

Goreme, Turkey

We loved our stay. The rooms were clean and the family running the hostel were wonderful. The one thing to know is that if you're expecting a classic cave hotel cut into the rocks this may disappoint a little. The rooms are cut into a hill but it's decidedly not in the classic sense in Cappadocia.

• 29th Mar 2013

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

We enjoyed our stay. The location is great and the hostel is easy to find. It's a big hostel so it wasn't easy to meet other people.

• 3rd Jul 2012

Astor Victoria

I had a great time. The hostel isn't fussy. It's beds, breakfast and showers. What made my stay was the staff. They were friendly, helpful and tons of fun.

Home Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

The hostel staff were great and called a taxi for me at 4:30 in the morning without a problem. Very cool. Less cool were all of the flies buzzing around the main room and my dorm room.

Grande Hostel de Coimbra

Coimbra, Portugal

All in all I thought the hostel was a good one. The outside of the building is under construction/renovation so that make the sidewalk a little bit dusty. There's also a new girl working who's really nice but doesn't know very much yet. So I'd recommend that you just keep asking questions if you need something like directions to the bus station.

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

I had a great time but at times it was loud. Luckily I was sleeping on the 4th Floor. Oh, so if you are looking for a cozy hostel this not the one for you. But if you are looking for a hostel in the city center with a staff who knows what they are talking about--stay here.

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

this a great hostel but the toilets/showers are never actually clean (or dry). still the hostel is a great option and i think it's worth staying there. we had a great time.

Montenegro Hostel Budva

Budva, Montenegro

The hostel doesn't have any public computers to use just wi-fi. So if you're traveling light that's kind of annoying. There's also no common room. Just a small couch and a tv in each dorm room. This said, if you want to beach and drink the location is great.

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

Some of the rooms overlook a main square. So be prepared for some noise at night. Still the location for the price can't be beat.

Vila Jadran

Bar, Montenegro

It was great that the owner was willing to pick us up from the train station at midnight. But luckily it was just a stop over on the way up the coast.

Hostelche

Belgrade, Serbia

Our stay was wonderful. The location is great, really it couldn't be a better place to stay. Thanks for everything.

Hostel Burgas

Burgas, Bulgaria

Thought it was great. Thanks!!

Elpaso Milano

Milan, Italy

It\'s close to the metro which makes this hostel a great easy option. It\'s small and cozy so it\'s not the most hopping place I\'ve ever stayed but it was exactly what I wanted. Nice staff, clean rooms (and bathrooms), great beds and easy to find!

The Kosmonaut Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

This hostel is amazing. The staff are very, very helpful and energetic. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Lviv. The location is great and the rooms are clean. What else could you ask for?

Boogie Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

Good hostel but I wasn't in love with the 8 bedroom dorm I stayed in (room 8). As soon as you opened the door you were met with another set of stairs. There's no way to turn on a light from the bottom and the stairs don't have their own light so if you want to turn one on (to avoid breaking an ankle on the stairs), you turn on the light for half of the 8-person dorm and have no way to turn if off.

Poets Corner Hostel

Olomouc, Czech Republic

This is the kind of hostel that the others should be more like. Clean and bright with friendly staff and set up in such a way that its easy to talk to other guests. In a word, youll be sad if you stay anywhere else.

Hostel Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

I liked it. The location is the reason to stay there. Everything else is secondary. Also its really big so there isnt much of a community feel to the place.

Vegas Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

Thought it was a great hostel. The location is wonderful and the dorms rooms were all really big and clean. The bathrooms got dirty one afternoon after a group of guys went to the beach... and the next morning the floors were still sandy. But other than this, I would absolutely stay here again.

Guesthouse Diron

Ruse, Bulgaria

Loved the room. It was a great price and location. Directions: from the corner of Aleksandrovska and Rakovski (on the same side of the street as the Info Center) walk down Rakovski one block and turn right onto Konstantin Velichkov. The room is half way down the block above the travel agency Diron. The agency runs the room.

Plovdiv Guesthouse

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

The hostel was very clean. But tere were not enough keys to the dorm rooms. At 10pm I was told: Oh it's unlocked. There's a girl up there. It wasn't. I came back for the key and he said that he didn't have one. He looked for one and came up with it but really!?! Not enough keys? Also the front door was really loud at night being opened and closed (as was the bell that you have to ring)--it was easily heard one floor up

Dear Guest, We offer keys for the dorms only at the time of check in and we expect the guests to leave back the keys after their accommodation. We will correct the level of the sound of the front door bell. Thank you for sharring your impressions.

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

The hostel was great. I'd recommend that you call/message ahead of time so that you don't get lost trying to make it to the hostel. The will gladly meet you. We thought: no problem. Only it turns out that the streets in Ohrid aren't well labeled making it harder to get your bearings.

Inner Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location was great but the price was high. The room was clean and the staff were always present. The one other thing I wish they'd fix is the second broken computer... This said over all I was happy with my stay.

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The best security I've seen yet. The main door has a key code to enter and each of the rooms has big lockers with keys. The hostel feels very clean and modern--one part good taste and one part good clean lines and design from IKEA. The free breakfast was straight forward but good. What more could you ask for? A weekly board with up coming events, concerts and the activities... the Zeppelin has that too.

Fulir Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Good hostel. I didn\'t love that you had to walk through another dorm room to get to the bathroom but other than this you can\'t beat the location.

I had a wonderful time in this hostel. The location is maybe a five minute walk from the old town, maybe, but not any more. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The only part of the hostel that did not seem as clean was the common area (but maybe that has to do with what it is... a common area). Without a doubt a great spot to stay in Split!!

This was one of the best hostels I have stayed in on my trip. The place is by far in the best location and the space is open and fresh feeling. It really fits the feel of Dubrovnik. The hostel staff were open and welcoming and made navigating town, the ferry schedule and everything else a breeze.

Suranj

Kotor, Montenegro

This was a great place to stay in Kotor. Just know that the owners are lovely but they dont speak much English. This said, I was just fine there and I dont speak Croatian. The location is great very, very close to the bus station and to the old town. I thought it was just great and want to return and stay longer next time.

Hostel and Restaurant Kod Keme

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This spot is all about location. The woman running the hostel is nice but not always very helpful--mostly it was clean, in a great spot in the city and easy to come and go. The thing to know is that the way the rooms are set up it is not easy to meet other guests and really it doesnt seem to be that kind of a place.

Three Black Catz

Belgrade, Serbia

I thought the location was great and the staff was really helpful. The building is currently under construction so you have to walk through a dusty stair way to get to the hostel but the hostel itself is not under construction and the rooms are on the far end of the building from the construction so I did not hear them working in the am.