Reviews: cesteele9814

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Cute small hostel. You are allowed to smoke in all the common areas, so it smells very strongly of cigarettes. Really helpful staff.

Rekord Hostel

Skopje, Macedonia

Nice and new hostel. Small, so meeting people is iffy. I had luck the first night, and then not so much the next night.

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

Sunny Lake has the best stereotypical hostel feel of anywhere I've been. Very social and chilled out. The guys that run this place are awesome - when I unexpectedly arrived at 2am the night before my reservation started, they made up the couch in the common area and let me nap until morning at no charge. Maybe not the place to stay if you need a/c and reliable hot water, but pretty great.

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

Great hostel with awesome day trips. Booked for two nights and stayed six. Breakfast isn't quite as awesome as the Sofia Hostel Mostel, but overall I liked this one better. Don't miss the UFO.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

The 20 bed attic dorm was surprisingly quiet, but it got pretty hot during the day. Great breakfast.

Doors Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Really, really great atmosphere here.

Kismet Dao Hostel

Brasov, Romania

Great staff.

Transylvania Hostel

Cluj Napoca, Romania

Best showers ever. Seriously. And the staff is great.

The Silk Road

Venice, Italy

Very small and quiet - I think there are only 8 beds.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Great party hostel with plenty of ways to earn free drinks. That said, I felt a little old - I'm 28.

Jimmy's Hostel

Paros, Greece

Nice enough place, though there was no place to hang out and talk after 9/10ish. We tried hanging out on the roof, but were told we were too loud.

Zorbas Hotel

Athens, Greece

Supposedly in a bad area, but it seemed fine to me and it's very convenient to the metro.

Penguin Village

Dahab, Egypt

The water really is salty. Felt kind of deserted while I was there.

Sabah Pansiyon

Antalya, Turkey

The old city surround the hostel is cute.

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

Good place - typical great Turkish customer service.

BellaMaritimo Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

After an overnight bus that dropped us off at 6am, they picked us up from the bus station, let us check in early, and then fed us breakfast when we woke up past noon. Great service!

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great location in Old Town, helpful owners, and good breakfast.

Hotel Sapphire Residency

Mumbai, India

It's a budget hotel. Acceptably clean, and decent room service, but no character. Near the airport, so it takes a bit of money to get to the areas of the city that you want to visit.

Mystique Moments

New Delhi, India

Dr. Malik is very helpful, but there's no a/c in the dorm and the beds are minuscule. Breakfast was pretty much just toast and tea.

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Love this place. Stayed here twice, book-ending my Cambodia trip. Staff was great about advice on how to get around, and also brought me medicine when I was passed out coughing in the common room.

Thank you so much for the kind review and both stay . We were really happy to take care of you and helped you about your trip. Hope to see you next time .

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

No a/c, but you get a personal fan. Mattress on the floor is pretty thin foam. The owner is great though, and I met some good people here. Not related at all to any of the Nomads Hostels in NZ/AUS.

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

If you're not going to use the pool, don't stay here. The pool makes up for a lot of things. It's a very nice pool.

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Thank you so much for the great review. So happy to take care of you and have wonderful memories !

Great atmosphere, but the beds were the most uncomfortable I've experienced in three months of travelling, and the ant situation was a little ridiculous.

So Hostel Chiangmai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Love this place. Very modern, actually has a kitchen, great view of the temple across the street. Did have my kindle stolen here, but probably my own fault for getting complacent and not locking it up in the locker they give you.

Siam Hotel

Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Very nice inexpensive hotel. Don't expect a hostel vibe though.

2W Cafe & Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

Smallish rooms, but very nice.

Thank you Christine short comment but means a lot to us :)) We really appreciate your stay we are already plan to adjust more space in bedrooms hope if there a chance of your next visit please come and stop by to see how we do. Thank you :))

Saphaipae Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Awesome air conditioning power for such a large room.

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Really good staff.

Showbiz Inn at West Street

Yangshuo, China

Good bar, good staff.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Pretty nice hostel, but the drain in the bathroom didn't work well so you were standing in water during your shower. The internet was also pretty inconsistent, but you can walk down the street to their sister hostel Han Tan House to use theirs. The other hostel also has a better bar, but this one has a very nice rooftop common area.

Lucky Family Hostel

Beijing, China

By far the best of the three hostels I stayed at in Beijing. It would have been nice to have an attached restaurant, but there's plenty around.

Is a strange combination of hotel/hostel with a nice rooftop bar/restaurant, but the entire building stank of smoke, and I found peanuts in my bed.

365 Inn

Beijing, China

Nice enough, and the restaurant was very nice, but the bathrooms stunk up the first floor.

Manly Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

Boring but serviceable.

Sleeping Inn Backpackers

Surfers Paradise, Australia

Don't advertise free wifi when it's a crapshoot as to whether you'll be able to connect your device. Either upgrade your networking equipment to be able to handle the amount of guests your hostel has, or install equipment from one of the many companies that will handle it for you and charge for the internet. There are no libraries within walking distance which just compounds the issue. Needs more than one shower for a 12 person apartment. I did like the free club entry and drink every night.

Bunk Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Pretty large hostel, but well laid out. The continental breakfast every morning is only toast, cereal, and coffee, but that was good enough for me. It was actually one of the quieter hostels I've stayed at, but I was not in the section by the bar.

Jailhouse Accommodation

Christchurch, New Zealand

It's a jail. Cool atmosphere, but otherwise pretty average.

Point Break Backpackers

Christchurch, New Zealand

The room smelled a bit, but you run into that a lot at hostels with carpeting. The location was great for the beach, but not so good for getting into the city - 20 minute bus ride from downtown. They have Zenbu internet which I've learned to hate, but they at least give you a minimal voucher for it so that you can check your email, just remember to turn off any automatic picture uploads you might have on your phone or laptop otherwise it's gone in a minute.

Nomads Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Fairly generic for a hostel, but efficiently run.

HI there, thank you very much for your feedback. We are glad you had a great time with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks Nomads Auckland Management

Most fun I've had at a hostel in awhile. That said, don't expect much quiet there.

This place has amazing character. Highly recommended.

More of a hotel than a hostel. Very boring. Thin walls.

Citystay Mitte

Berlin, Germany

Needs a kitchen bad! Bathrooms aren't cleaned enough. Breakfast was not worth the price.