Reviews: kzager204286

Hostel Urbano, San Jose, Costa Rica
3rd Jun 2013

Good place. Especially if you're a hipster apparently - I haven't seen so many gross mustaches and weird trashy clothes in a while! Right next to a stop for the San Juan bus route, which is nice. Right next to 2 mini malls as well.

Hi, thanks for your feedback, sad to hear you judge our hostel for how other fellow backpakers look insted of just feeling the vibe, the location, our facilities and services. Hope you continue having a good trip, take care, good luck. Hostel Urbano

Casa Caribe, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica
1st Jun 2013

Large spacious room, comfortable bed, mini kitchen in each room. Close enough to town for it to not be too much a pain, but far enough away that you're not getting creepy dudes and tourists all up in your grills. Really close to a little private section of beach that nobody really goes on but is good for swimming. The place, owner included, is pretty much the embodiment of pura vida.

Cabinas Algebra, Cahuita, Costa Rica
7.1
30th May 2013

The German couple that owns the place are both super friendly and pretty much drove us to/from town (which you'll need to do - it's pretty far from downtown). The location itself was kind of fun - surrounded by jungle, small private beach nearby. The bed was kind of uncomfortable and smaller than all the other places I stayed - I found it hard to go to sleep. also cockroaches D: It was rainy season, sure, but even after they fumigated our room there were still cockroaches crawling around.

Camino Verde Hostel and B&B, Monteverde, Costa Rica
28th May 2013

One of the best places we stayed in Costa Rica. The owner was super duper nice and helpful. The room had 3 beds in the double so cool? I peeked into the larger rooms and they had a queen sized bed and a TV. Huh. That's not opinionated. Or relevant. I'm sorry, this is a bad review. Good thing my review isn't being reviewed, right? guys? guys? oh it probably is. The bathroom was shared and it was hard to figure out the shower - couldn't seem to make it warm. That's it though really.

Hotel Dorothy, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
6.6
26th May 2013

The shower didn't drain at all which was kind of... troubling. The sheets had stains on them and one of our pillows kind of smelled like cheese. Was right next to the bus stop which was nice, but the area wasn't really anything to look at. Very very cheap place to stay though so I guess you get what you pay for.

• USA, Couple, 18-24
Stolas Hostel, San Jose, Costa Rica
22nd May 2013

Helpful and friendly staff. Even offered me a beer for writing a review of them, though Hostelworld wouldn't let me until 2 days after I left. Nice neighborhood, close to a supermarket and bus stop that goes right into town. A little hard to get to, but that's honestly probably for the better considering the location. Fully stocked kitchen which was nice. Hard to find those in hostels.