Reviews: sarah_a897251

• Sweden, Female, 25-30
HiTide House, Gran Canaria, Spain
12th Oct 2015

I had an amazing stay and this is one of the best hostels I've been to. It wasn't one particular thing that made my stay so great, but all the little things together. I felt welcomed from the beginning to the end!

Kick Ass Hostels, Edinburgh, Scotland
9th Apr 2014

The actual hostel was amazing, much better than most by many standards. Really comfortable bed with fresh linen and a clean bathroom. My main problem was with the location. It was hell to walk up the hill and then down the hill (a LOT of stairs) with my luggage. There should be some warning for people with heavy luggage to take a taxi and not attempt to walk to the hostel. It wasn't that close to the train/buses/city centre to begin with and the hill made it even worse to get to the hostel.

3rd May 2013

Really enjoyed my stay here! The room, the bed, the staff and the breakfast was great. I liked the location too. Just one little thing is that I had to take a freezing shower. It was great to get free wifi as well!

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, apologies about the cold shower, we had ahot water boiler issue, we have now had a new boiler installed, so no more cold showers, we hope to see you again and we will give you a 10% discount by way of apology, thank you forn your comments.

Regina House, London, England
5.4
22nd Mar 2013

The location was very good of course, but I doubt I'd stay here again unless I would be completely skinned. The staff hardly spoke to me and did not explain anything other than the direction to my room. The room was dirty, there wasn't even any soap to wash your hands in the toilet. I am glad they did keep the heating on during the night and the bed was comfortable. Overall, the hostel didn't feel welcoming and I wanted to keep my presence there to a minimum.

Thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear you felt unwelcomed - we were very short-staffed during your stay and we may not have given enough attention to our customers. As per previous comments, we value customers' feedback - we are reviewing all cleanings allocation but we would appreciate having suggestions/complaints during customers' stay in order to act on them. Kind regards, Regina Management

Edinburgh Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
7.1
18th Apr 2012

Very good value for the money. I just wish the toilets would be cleaner and in a better condition. The sheets seemed very worn out too.

Edinburgh Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
8.0
6th Oct 2011

Equity Point Sea, Barcelona, Spain
9th Jul 2009

We loved this hostel mostly because of the people that stayed there! Had a lot of fun. The room we stayed in was really cold though (both a good and a bad thing I guess) and you don't get a blanket, just a pillow. This, and the "non-complete walls", doesn't make the hostel a great place for sleep. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise because we got fruit. It would have been good to know when the cleaning staff would be cleaning so one could keep out of the room. Overall a good hostel!

Smart City Hostel by Safestay, Edinburgh, Scotland
7.7
23rd Jun 2009

Feels almost like a hotel if it weren't for the bunkbeds, that are btw very comfy. Location is great, very near the University of Edinburgh and a short walk from the center and some tourist attractions. Breakfast is very good, so its worth the price. Showers clean, security was great as well. The staff was however not very nice nor helpful, but apart from that it was a great stay and very worth the price!

Oxford Backpackers Hostel, Oxford, England
8.7
21st Jun 2009

Great location (right in the center of Oxford) and very helping staff. Breakfast was surprisingly delicious with a great variety of things to choose from. The entrance in the storage room is only allowed to staff members, so it's safe to leave your baggage. Showers were fine (wear flip-flops just in case). Beds were AWFUL..however. I woke up itching like crazy. So bring your own blanket, sleeping bag or anti-bugs jumpsuit and you'll do fine. The nightlife is so great you won't sleep anyways.

The Brimar Guest House, Southampton, England
6.0
20th Jun 2009

Rooms and showers are very clean and beds are comfy. The breakfast is the regular English one, nothing very special. Location is however very bad. To get to Totton, you have to take a train that doesnt leave very often, so if you are looking for something close to the center of Southampton, this isnt for you.

Clink78, London, England
6.7
18th Jun 2009

Really comfortable beds! No actual place to put one's suitcase. The breakfast was what one can expect from a hostel; average. The door to our room wouldn't shut properly.. We had an overall good stay.