Reviews: Vladdermuis

Location: Netherlands, Gender: Male, Age: 33

Our House Backpackers

Adelaide, Australia

I am baffled why this gets such a low overall score. I was impressed enough to extend with an extra night. I could complain about something that could need improvement, but the biggest mistake is not to come to this hostel but to come to Adelaide instead. What a sterile, soulless city with 0 landmarks for sight seeing. Needless to say I did spend more time in the hostel than the city itself. Staff was truly very helpful and nice, complete opposite of what is written in other reviews.

• 24th Nov 2014

Tatts Backpackers Adelaide City

Adelaide, Australia

It was alright, although I didn't like the balcony. Always strange, loud, bare chested, beer drinking types hanging out there. Adelaide must be the most boring city I have ever been to after having traveled fifty countries and three hundred cities, that is really saying something. Mount lofty is a huge disappointment-great views? sure! Spend more time in Tasmania instead or Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane, skip and avoid Adelaide. The only reason to go there is for a cheap flight out of Australia.

• 23rd Nov 2014

Habitat HQ

Melbourne, Australia

I could take some points off for the location as it was closer to the luna park than to the cbd, but here you go. What makes my blood boil is that the place is full of long term stayers who lurk around all day and steal your food. C~mon now, they have enough money for drinking out every night (and hit on every girl they see) but 0 to eat, who steals like ONE LEAF of celery and a plastic bag, how low is that. I am glad to help if someone doesn~t have money to eat, but do not touch my stuff!!!

• 22nd Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

I stayed one night because this place didn't convince me enough (except for the awesome terrace) and my senses were right. The 6-dorm is either too small or has one to many bunks in them, take your pic. I was only like 20 cm's away from someone's feet. The next day I walked a bit further down Liverpool and decided to stay at one with a 20-dorm bed room, but guess what, that one had much more private space!

• 18th Nov 2014

The Strand Hotel

Sydney, Australia

it was not all that bad especially if you want to save a dime in $idn€¥. When I checked in and went to see my room, there was a guy humping a girl. My appearance didn't seem to bother them. Later I found out that the girl wasn't a guest at all but selling her body for a free place to sleep. The kitchen/roof terrace basically had fridges and kitchen sinks, ah gee it wouldn't kill you to invest in a kettle and microwave. Fan in the room is welcome but a bit noisy (when you got the top bunk)

• 15th Nov 2014

Dury House Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

hard to comment on. When I saw the kitchen and the dorm I didn't had the felling anymore I was still in a major advanced first world country. The kitchen looks like it has been burnt-out multiple times and the dorm smelt of hazardous disinfectant. The bunk was rickety with no safety rail, and the owner provided me 1(!) sheet that I wouldn't even use to wipe the floors with. The place was full with poor long staying vagrants that were relying on the free 85ct mc donald bread and rice, 'nuff said.

• 13th Nov 2014

Do Step Inn

Vienna, Austria

It was great and felt like luxury, but I still prefer a real hostel vibe.

• 17th Oct 2014

A Wild Elephants Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

I was intrigued by a huge Sun of May drawn on the walls by a crazy Argentine; a must-see really! A master piece

• 16th Oct 2014

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

This time I was in the 6-dorm "paris" and I didn't have the feeling that it mattered a lot. The passing street cars make a terrible exhausted loud noise. Additionally I would like to advice you to avoid the nearby TESCO because the queues are always long and the customer comes last, Always the same crock of SH1T there, It is not worth your precious time in pretty Bratislava, honestly, do yourself a favour go to Billa near Hviezdoslav Sq.

• 15th Oct 2014

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

Not much too say, it's great and had a nice stay. Gorgeous young lady checked me in swiftly, got a towel too which was truly appreciated. Wished Bratislava got more attention, one of my most favourite cities in Europe and beautiful well preserved cute capital of Slovakia.

• 14th Oct 2014

Westend City Hostel

Vienna, Austria

overall a very great place, location and budget-wise perfect considering that this is Vienna. Staff friendly and helpful. Will come again.

• 13th Oct 2014

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

on a late hot humid evening before 10pm, the check in was smooth but I was allocated a different bed in a cheaper dorm I didn't book or pay for..

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and we are very sorry that you was not fully satisfied. First of all you was put into the exact room that you booked for online (6 Bed). And secondly we don't allocate any bed for you before or after you arrive. You pick your own bed when you check-in. Thank you for staying with us, and if you choose to stay with us again we hope you will have a much better time. Everton Hostel Team.

Ostello degli Elefanti

Catania, Italy

Some things were quite Spartan, such as no toilet seats, no kitchen, no keys, no allocated bed numbers, but I bet they are working on improvement. Nice, interesting bunks! Although situated on the first block at via Etnea from the piazza dei doumo it can be quite looking for a needle in a haystack. It is where the current scaffolding is. Overall the strongest point is that the staff was very welcoming and friendly to me.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Ciao, thank you for your feedback. The hostel just opened last January. We strive for excellence with our hostel and our guests. We will take into account your comments and concerns and improve. Thanks for staying with us Hostel Staff

C.C.Ly Hostel

Catania, Italy

Compared to a previous accommodation I stayed at in Catania (see my review history) this felt like heaven. I enjoyed my stay. The bunks were placed quite close to the other beds, but thankfully really comfy. Could use some more (working) individual bed lamps. Regretfully I had spend three days already in an average, overrated B&B while I should have booked with CCLy instead, clever name btw. Nice spacious lockers and good hostel vibe.

• 3rd Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

This is a BB with 10 beds in a crampy dormroom with space for say 6, still the "director" as he calls himself made me pay 5 euro "tax" which I didn't have to pay anywhere else. He was unhelpful & useless, would constantly enter your room, doesn't speak decent English unless ur female, he didn't want to answer my questions let alone about sidetrips or visits to Etna etc don't expect a hostel vibe here. Kitchen is shut almost half the day. For 3 days it felt like h*ll, wished I stayed elsewhere.

• 31st Mar 2014

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

Die Küche war so klein, dass ich endlich essen könnte, wenn es 02.00 Uhr war und endlich nicht in Gebrauch ist. Denken Sie daran, dass es nicht nur 20 Minuten zu Fuß ist, aber man muss auch mit Autobahnverkehr und viele Ampeln umzugehen. Unterschied Wochenend-Raten sind ein wenig steil, sonst hätte ich noch ein paar Tage in diesem Hotel übernachten möchten. Und, Wer will wirklich für spätes Auschecken bezahlen? Tschüss!!!

• 27th Mar 2014

Ace of Spades Hostel

Bled, Slovenia

Could only stay three days because of the four-day Austrian Railways Slovenia-train ticket special. But I would have loved to stay longer for the lake and this awesome hostel. Castle1004 has taken care of anything! Maybe you will miss a grill or an oven, but other than that it has it all. Miha is a fabulous host. Very scenic Julian Alps landscape is only a few steps away from this hostel. Go there by taking a right from the Mercator grocery store and enjoy the stunning views.

• 19th Mar 2014

Casa Babylon Backpackers

Malaga, Spain

They commanded me like a dog, hey boy go to your pen (when ordering me to move over to a cheaper, smaller dorm, which I didn't pay for, at almost 11pm at night). Very amateurish, immature and disrespectful, this kind of behaviour can't be tolerated and is absolutely unacceptable.

• 8th Feb 2014
  • Globetrotter

It didn't turn out to be as scary as some feedback made me believe, I didn't encounter pest or anything filthy. But a nuisance here is that only a few were able to speak English. Therefore I never knew if the dinner was free or not, no one tells you and if they do, they keep talking it in their own languages. I don't even know if these guys were Italian or Spanish. Didn't really feel like a hostel to me, if you are looking for that I would say give this a miss. But overall it was alright.

• 7th Feb 2014
  • Globetrotter

As for the rooms - amazing, could use more power sockets though! The hostel has great vibes, but all the partying in which a lot of the boys and girls were drunk, loud and horny amazed me for just an ordinary Thursday in the first week of February, is it always like this?? It seemed to be always full and crowded there, and all the music, the Tarzan-like yelling and the TV cranked at the loudest volume setting was just a bit too much for me to bear. Thanks for returning me my lost media player!

• 6th Feb 2014

Feel Hostels City Center

Malaga, Spain

Uncomfy beds, hard to sit in. The ladder is placed in the middle making it hard to get in and out. I woke up with excruciating pain in my shoulder, because the mattress is so hard. Would have dislocated it if I was staying more days. Also the place plays outrageously loud ebony music all-day long, I am absolutely NOT interested in hearing a squealing Rihanna half of the day, it was forcing me to stay far away from the common room.

• 4th Feb 2014

San Giorgio Villas

Santorini, Greece

Me and my travel mate were extremely pleased, Villas has class. Nice building, with lovely traditional wall paintings. Very well equipped and we even enjoyed the local channel watching santorini football games. Fira is an absolute high light of marv Santoroni, but same could be said for mister George. He went above and beyond to make our stay pleasant. Maybe the best place I have ever stayed at, but George was definitely the nicest host ever.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Tutti Frutti Hostel

Krakow, Poland

as a rule of thumb all hostels near the old market are all alike, tucked away in dark alleyways, always have to press buzzer to get in, always three flights of dark stairs, your room being somewhere far away from the reception and common room, and always noisy..security is done so that YOU can never enter smoothly, there is a defect 100$ dollar lock on a 1$ termite infested door, when I woke up there was random cleaning staff sneaking around the rooms, even with lockers I feel unsafe.neveragain

• 9th Jan 2014

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Arrived at 11am, had to wait until 2pm to check-in. Came back in the evening to see that I still had to make up the beds myself and it didn't look like the room was cleaned, so why can't they check me in earlier, because it is the policy? Also, I grabbed a frying pan from the chests and it had a layer of water in in..ICK!! cups, plates and cutlery didn't look very clean, I needed to extra afterwash them to be safe. Even though they have cleaning crew wandering around it didn't feel spotless.

• 8th Jan 2014

Let's Rock Hostel

Krakow, Poland

(box)beds+mattress are ancient and begging for replacements, it's as if Lenin and Gorbachev themselves ever slept in these beds. Window was missing some glass! Security of the lockers which were a part of Lenin's former bed were also questionable, one wild yank and you could virtually tear it open, also the lockers lack a handle. WIFI was crap, very rarely did it connect in the common room and it was SLOW. For a place that promotes itself with rocking, there wasn't much to rock out and about.

• 7th Jan 2014

Pink Panther's Hostel

• 6th Jan 2014

Hostel Wratislavia

Wroclaw, Poland

Style over substance. Would never ever return to this place. Staff=still lifes. They deliberately checked me in late, avoided telling me important things, it was as if they were working there on their first day or couldn't care less. There are international volunteers from Canada, Ireland, Spain..etc all over the world who would work for free with much better work ethics, what I saw and how I was helped was completely rubbish 0 customer service. Just sayin'

• 5th Jan 2014

Bemma

Wroclaw, Poland

Scary, I was glad to move out after one nite. No keys, no lockers, no entertainment but a crummy chess board and polish free magazines, under-equipped kitchen, someone living in the kitchen 24/7, someone living in the dorm 24/7 staying in bed all day.. just imagine you book a bed and yesterday someone stayed in there for an entire week sleeping. There were also old men staying and lots of poles only making me feel this was some kind of homeless shelter. It was pricier than other better hostels

• 3rd Jan 2014

Corner Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

It was okay, not much to say here. There is an alright view from the 5th floor, thank god there is an elevator, but depending on where you are - there isn't much to look at besides a boring interstate. The entire atmosphere was black, what kind of madman thought black was a good idea? The common room was nice too, but the wall decoration look very poorly drawn from models. Also, the staff is very stiff and depressive and I don't think they would make a shout if there was a fire in there.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Atlantis Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Rooms are okay, but in general the entire place feels like it is put together and different parts are scattered around one strange building that has lots of stairs that begin in wood and change into stone! It smells of cigarettes b/c locals smoke there and there are just way to many Poles staying at. Could you at least do a quota, as you have the blatant audacity to put an international YHA sign up there, what's international about it when there is only loud Poles staying there?

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for the review. We do not discriminate ANY nationality. In general Polish customers are less than 20% of our customers. At the time of your stay they were 18 Poles out of 155 customers staying (which makes 11,6%). The rest of the customers were from UK, Australia, Brazil, Spain, France, China, Russia, Germany, Italy, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia and Portugal - I guess we can call them international. I guess your comment is at least inappropriate, not to say a bit xenophobic. Cheers, Tom

Orange Hostel Krakow

Krakow, Poland

organisation has flaws. I booked a bed almost 1 month beforehand and still I get the upper bunk. The girl didn't even know how to handle my complaint, according to her it's first come first serve, so you could still book last minute but arrive earlier than me and you get the better bed. Also it really sucks that no one was there during NYE and check out even before 7AM way before I wake up.. could you just have this information sorted and give the beds to who really need it???

• 31st Dec 2013

Intro Hostel

Krakow, Poland

I got a fever so unfortunately I couldn't celebrate NYE but to stay longer around the hostel. What I totally hate is to be about to open the shower faucets & receive only cold water. It's okay if they tell you that there is limited hot water, but do they tell you? You hardly get any information. Also I don't like to have my credit card double charged, booking 1 month beforehand and still get the most awkward top bunk that even Barbados Slim would have hard times with to climb into. Also NOISY!!

• 30th Dec 2013

Hostel Rynek 7

Krakow, Poland

A poor man's hostel. Everything seems to be discarded trash and damaged beyond repair. Receptionists, like anywhere in Poland, are completely uninterested and were more busy with watching the spycams. good to know you are being followed. Maybe there is even a cam in the showers, who knows. Their accents were thicker than Mother Russia from Kick-Ass 2. It is a staggering three flights of stairs so think about it before you are going here for just the view. Glad I stayed only one nite.

• 29th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

When I got there all the radiators were pumping heat, set to "Brazilian Heat Wave" with no possibility to regulate this. It was +15 degrees outside. Just open the windows, they said as the solution. ???!! Thank you, because of that I am now sick and have to stay in bed, can't celebrate NYE. Who is going to pay for my medical bill and my melted liquor chocolates? The irony was stunning, turn of the lights to save power...face palm. Why do you have to turn on the radiators so hot, ridiculous!!

• 28th Dec 2013

B Movie Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Male receptionist was very formal and way too serious. I hope he finds a balance, step by step, because he could loosen up a little. Other than that, it is a very nice place and I would return any time. I don't care much for that it is not by any means near anything, except the Jewish Quarter, and quite a brisk walk from the stations, but the hostel vibe is alright and it is not as noisy as at the old market. I recommend booking the 4-dorm here.

• 27th Dec 2013

Target Hostel

Zakopane, Poland

Igor(?) on 12/25 was very sweet and enthusiastic, the girl on 12/27 was so too. Best wishes and true happiness for 2014.

• 25th Dec 2013

Nightsight

Zdiar, Slovakia

the best view on the high Tatras from this traditional wooden home. Even at night with clear sky you can still see them under a blanket of bright stars; although I have been to Zdiar many times it still was an unforgettable experience. Fantastic bathrooms, not a word said to much here. When coming from direction of Zakopane get off at the first stop, from within Slovakia get off at the last or second to last stop in Zdiar walk towards the green penzion house close to the two hat sculptures.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Hostel Stara Polana

Zakopane, Poland

I can confirm all the complaints, I would say too that the receptionists aren't very welcoming, silent, absent (mentally or physically) not helpful.. I am sorry I have to say this, I better stop making this sound way worse. What's so wrong about cracking a smile or just simply say a modest hello?? But what I have understood is that they are working overtime. Other than that, nice classic wooden Zakopanian hostel experience.

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Although located a bit on the border of Zakopane, I just had to try this one out for once. I like the wooden house, and it is in the area with an interesting hiking course and the Nosal. the cheerful international staff is very helpful and always available for a chat. They asked me many times what my plans were for the day and if everything was OK. I enjoyed that, especially after staying in a couple of hostels where Polish employees don't say anything unless you ask specifically for something,

• 21st Dec 2013

Top Hostel

Zakopane, Poland

the small 4-bed dorm wasn't really extra value as there was little room to put your baggage somewhere besides the lockers. There was no place to sit down and only one bedside cabinet, while the 6-dorm had like 2 sofa's, chairs, a bathroom and more space.

• 19th Dec 2013

Premium Hostel

Krakow, Poland

there were only Polish ppl there and I don't mean Polish travelers; construction workers, carpenters, old men and students. Very rarely did I hear someone speak a language other than Polish. Would have appreciated it if I could be put in the room with the other travelers.

• 17th Dec 2013

Krakow Backpackers Hostel

Krakow, Poland

I was amazed to see spacious dorms, an abundance of power sockets and that a breakfast was even available.

• 16th Dec 2013

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Still disappointed. Chose this place because of the massive positive reviews, and needed a place the store luggage and use the kitchen because of going home very late at night. This wasn't possible because of a "group" and suddenly I wasn't welcome anymore. When I asked to use the loo, it felt like asking for a big favour. I have half a life of hostel experiences, but this is the very first time that they rather see me leave a quick as possible.

• 14th Nov 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your feedback, unfortunately we were unable to allow the use of the kitchen in the evening for guests who have checked out because a group of 30 guests had made a private booking exclusively for them, on these occasions we simply cannot allow other guests to use the facilities after checkout, although the use of a bathroom and luggage storage is of course no problem. I have spoken to the member of staff on duty and I am informed you were politely offered these other facilities.

The Westend Hostel

• 13th Nov 2013

The Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

A good hostel means a happy guest. I go as a far as to say that this was the best one from the couple of hostels I stayed in during one of my regular visites to Auld Reekie, looking forward to stay a few days with them again... although I'll wait until hog-many and Christmas are over. :-p

• 12th Nov 2013

St Christopher's Edinburgh

Edinburgh, Scotland

it's okay if you are staying only 1 nite and looking for a cheap n nearby place from the stations to crash in while arriving late. Make sure you cross through Waverley railway station, don't go around it or you'll end up in high street. Beds were alright. A special greeting and thank you for the dutch staff there, if you are reading this, keep on rockin'

• 11th Nov 2013

Oban Backpackers

Oban, Scotland

nice staff. money for value...and the other way around

• 9th Nov 2013

Backpackers Plus

Oban, Scotland

oh my..it's..IT'S ..a churchstel? GROOVY!! peter and maria(?) were some of the nicest hosts I have ever met. I enjoyed my stay, in the Scottish highlands in general, and I will definitely stay with them again during a next visit.

• 8th Nov 2013

Struy Guest House

Inverness, Scotland

I had a fantastic stay. Thank you, mister Ali!

• 7th Nov 2013

Fort William Backpackers

Fort William, Scotland

staff is very nice..and plentiful. It was a mansion converted to a hostel with nice view over the valley of the outdoor capital of the UK. Pretty near the station, grocery stores and the city high street. There aren't enough restrooms, but it has that real travelers vibe with hiking trails on the wall and information on mountaineering and such. I would feel a bit more relaxed if the reception was somewhere else and the common room was different, but just my thoughts. Would stay with them again.

• 29th Oct 2013

Calluna

Fort William, Scotland

very quiet location, if you snore a bit at night it is very likely you are disturbing your roommates. The last person in the 4th dorm gets the upper bunk - it's hard to get in, it is also close to the ceiling. Not saying that it is a complaint though! Pretty near the amazing cow hill circuit, just go to the main road and exit town by walking left. Would been perfect experience if the owners gave me a full tour at arrival, just discovered the bouldering wall shared space/hikers/drying room late

• 27th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks Damian, Apologies for the lack of information. We will sort that out for the future. Alan and Sue (owners)

Hatters Hostel- Liverpool

Liverpool, England

If this is supposed to be the best Hatters, I'd hate to see the other ones! Was very stuffy basically everywhere. There were 8 beds in a dorm with room for max 6, bad ventilation, no privacy, nothing to put you stuff on and horrible drinking/smoking room mates. the kitchen area was in a dark basement, though clean and well equipped. Soulless freaky ball room as communal area. Tiny reception. Crappy showers, ditto WIFI access. It kept disconnecting perpetually, read full review on tripadvisor.

• 6th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it and try to use all guests feedback to make our customer experience better. In regards to you not feeling you had any privacy in the 8 bed dorm you booked. We also have a number of private rooms that you could have booked if it was privacy you required thus you would not have had to put up with "horrible" room mates. I would appreciate your ideas on how you feel we could improve our "soulless freaky ball room". Thanks Hatters Management

due to high popularity, travelers come and go in this place. Every day new faces, even beyond that. You don't see them at all!! they arrive 3am in the night and the leave the same day. I must admit it was funny that one guy couldn't find his bed (no one could) and we were woken up by the piercing screams of a girl. She really screamed louder than bombs. The Spanish staff deserve more credits, they made the place very lively and brought colour to the bland dull evenings.

• 2nd Oct 2013

Ashfield Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

I didn't feel safe at all. The 18dorm is just greedy and unhealthy. Put some cupboards in there at least! I ended up going out with all my bags and sleeping with all my stuff in the top bunk. Also, the staff threw 8€ worth of food away including an entire cheese which was a present from the lads in wales. Unless you have the perception of a pigeon, you can see that the packages were entire new and unopened. Could at least give a voucher instead of saying it was my own fault.

• 1st Oct 2013

Belfast International Youth Hostel

Belfast, Northern Ireland

To be honest, I didn't feel at ease here. I sensed a tense situation in the lobby. Guests were sitting with their netbooks acting uninterested and annoyed. Same thing in the room, other guys went to sleep even before 8 pm on a Sunday. It was completely unclear which bed I was given. I found out only after everyone came back to sleep. It was typical that exactly my drawer under the bed was missing. Bunks weren't comfy but at least they had a ladder on them. Wireless was just....weird...

• 6th Jul 2013

Vagabonds

Belfast, Northern Ireland

14-dorm was a bit excessive. Beds are really close to each other. A part of the common room was right in front of the door to the 14-dorm, didn't really like that to constantly play hopscotch over a couple of legs . The free pocket city maps that the hostel provides is a nice gesture, but they look like it was drawn by an 8-year old and not really helpful if you for instance want to walk your own mural tours. Just get one (these sheet maps) from airport or visitor info centre.

• 5th Jul 2013

Backpackers Newcastle

Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I had a good stay on an ordinary Monday. A note to the owner: your hostel business is easily mistaken for Backpackers Newcastle in New South Wales, D/U. Well, I almost made that mistake, until I realised that I didn't recognise the streets which looked suspiciously dead straight and on a grid . Maybe you can add an extra words to distinguish it from the one in Australia? Just my thoughts, peace.

• 1st Jul 2013

Aloha Hostel Pamplona

Pamplona, Spain

Between bus station and city centre. Has a urinal for the gents, which is also easy accessible form any dorm. Good dorms with lots of power sockets. Staff very nice and caring, a very cosy living room with couches. Lovely terrace with Hugo's plants! Regularly cleaned. Cons: the kitchen is a bit small and could use a bigger fridge. There was no room for my food and what's not in the fridge, there is a big chance of losing your bottles of wine, bread, pizza...

• 2nd Jun 2013

Enjoyss

San Sebastian, Spain

Ideal place to stay if you are arriving late from french basque country or bus/train or/and looking for something very close to the bay and in the middle of the old city. The staff and the owner are going above and beyond to socialize with the guests and keep the place clean and nice. I LIKE THAT! KUDOS! Unfortunately i didn't want to stay longer than one night as some things were a bit poor, like the beds, and the small corridors gave me an unpleasant creepy feeling.

• 31st May 2013

Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Interesting hostel to stay in, because of the design with ceramic tiles and the interior. Feels very solid and allround, only nitpick would be the staff they could be more professionl. After all, being nice=the guest is coming back

• 22nd Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello Damian, Thank you for the comment! We always try to improve our service, therefore I'm interested as on your comment about the profesionality of the staff. Can you please tell us with more detail how we can improve and be more profesional? If want to send an email to youthhostel@homehostelsvalencia.com it would be great. Thanks and greets, Pamela.

semi-professional hostel to stay in, feels very complete with enough acivity ideas in case you have exhausted all the sight seeing options in the fantastic city of oranges. Nice roof terrace and a good place for staying in the city's historic center. Valencia is way better than Barcelona, but Malaga is the best in Spain!!

• 21st Apr 2013

Hostel Malti

St. Julians, Malta

Had a fantastic stay and absolutely great chats with the staff. This was the smoothest check-in I every experienced. The hostel has a cool rooftop and the wifi works like a charm in the dorm rooms. Roomy lockers are provided. Every day there is a vibrant atmosphere present with all the guests. I can't wait to come back to Malta next year and bring more drop ;-). Iliked my stay at Hostel Malti very much, highly recommended.

• 16th Apr 2013

360 Hostel Malasaña

Madrid, Spain

extended my stay +4 days, because I thought it was alright and there was a F# monsoon in Madrid that lasted the entire week..so I had no choice but to spend a long time in the hostel as my shoes were completely soaked. If you knew how to walk it from Bilbao station~only 1 long street away~. Another big plus is that they are the first one, believe it or not, with AN EASY WIFI password!! Sadly, I didn't like Madrid at all. After 5 days I moved to Bilbao, dropping all the remaining 11 other days.

• 4th Mar 2013

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

After staying in 4 other Sant Jordi hostels, Arago was a bit of a let down. The location is unbeatable~a few jumps from the renfe airport train/metro&famous Gaudí buildings. Hence, Casa Batlló is in the same block! But other than that it was noisy, and not just from the Arago highway. It was small, almost too small. The big dorm had some weird construction in it and in general the overall feeling wasn't right for me. I still feel sorry for the Japanese girl who couldn't sleep due to the noise.

• 19th Feb 2013

Sant Jordi Gracia

Barcelona, Spain

Among 12-14 hostels I stayed at during my visit to Barcelona, this was the best one. I think I was the first guest of the season as they close down temporarily during the winter. It is very modern, better yet~ brand new, and I felt like I was on the USG ishimura space ship, with all the floor lights, numbers on the beds, the ultra bright lighting. Definitely worth a visit, although I found Gracia to be a boring neighbourhood and a bit out of the way from the places everyone wants to see in BCN

• 18th Feb 2013

Barcelona, Spain

It's been almost six months ago since I stayed at Urbany and I miss it sometimes. In the mean time I have seen similar hostels in the same style, there is one in Belfast with the same swipe card system and such but doesn't hold a candle to Urbany Barcelona. Would stay again if I was back in the region. I even miss the British school groups. Although I admit it can be too crowded at the reception or in the kitchen. Date of review~7/17

• 17th Feb 2013

Barcelona, Spain

My score adds up to 80% but doesn't mean anything necessarily. Go to this place or it is your loss. If you miss out Sagrada Familia you haven't been to BCN. If you don't stay in Urbany, you haven't enjoyed BCN!

• 16th Feb 2013

Be Dream Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Enjoyed my stay here, but atmosphere was static like I was in a giant deserted place. A bunker, defunct hospital or indoors swimming pool. Only some of the staff speak English, which is mandatory for a hostel. There are too many beds in the dorm and it seems to be always hot in there. You can reach the beach within minutes but the uppity locals and the excessive car traffic of Badalona is what kills everything as there is almost nothing special besides the beach. Better stay somewhere else.

• 15th Feb 2013

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

I had a good stay. The showers were a bit weird because there were three cabins in one bathroom meaning that others can walk in any time. Also, I could have sworn I was put in a 10-dorm and not 8 as listed on HW. The big dorms are inconveniently full rather in a bothering way than making strangers meet each other. But you can persevere for one night. There is no 24/7 staff here, but they were helpful nontheless.

• 14th Feb 2013

Barcelona, Spain

only thing lacking is better equipment for the kitchen, but other than that it had everything. If there were only hostels like this worldwide not just barcelona. I don't understand why ppl are complaining about long queues or waiting time at the reception desk..it's a big place for hundereds of guests, withe scool classes and excursion groups staying..be patient! didn't see rude unhelpful staff as well. They provide good service for every single guest which explains the wait

• 13th Feb 2013

360 Hostel Barcelona

Barcelona, Spain

Had a good stay, but it's mindboggling to read all those great staff and nice to meet ppl reviews here. When I was there no one speaks unless you force them to speak and the staff was silent when I arrived at 6AM from the carnaval in Sitges. The staff doesn't interact much with the guests, and I can understand why you don;t ..but c'mon there were only a few guests staying in such a big place during low season. It is sometimes the travelers and the staff who make the place great.

• 12th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello Damian, thanks for you feedback. We are sorry about that the staff didn´t speak too much with you at 6AM, but this is beacause at those times we try to have the hostel as quiet as possible so we can keep the noise down so our guests can have a good sleep. Unfortunately, you were here only for one night, during the week and in low season, we wish you could have stayed longer so you could make a better and real picture of the hostel and the staff Hope to see you again sometime Kind regards 360 Hostel Barcelona Staff

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

was let down that it wasn't as great as the Sant Jordi SF, but had a great stay nontheless. The 10-12 dorm is something I can't recommend because it is a bit cramped in there but acceptable. I also didn't like the impersonal way of working yourself through a U-shape to get from begin to end of the hostel. Felt like I was continuesly interrupting other guests

• 11th Feb 2013

Barcelona, Spain

After two weeks staying in different hostels every day, this turned out to be my favourite. I felt like in my highschool years again during school excursions. the place is nearly perfect, but I wished they stopped placing every new guest in the same rooms. They have 13 floors, yes, even a floor labeled 13!!! and there are 12 rooms on every floor, still they place every person in number 1 of every floor. The rooms aren't ideal to house 8 persons and after every night it smelled with body odors.

• 10th Feb 2013

Sant Jordi Sagrada Familia

Barcelona, Spain

The perfect place for large group of youngsters and teenagers who love to party. Not that I participated in anything of the many nightly events but surrounded by all those kids and skating peripherals I felt 15 again.

• 9th Feb 2013

Lullaby Garden Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

It was alright. Good but not great. The vibe was sterile and static and therefore I am glad I only stayed one night. The place consists of one long corridor and I was in a good room. Sadly, travelers don't come to Barcelona to socialise and meet others, but are there to party and so they don't give a rat's ass about roommates. And in this particular place I could cut that kind of atmosphere with a knife. Such a pity for a great city like Barcelona.

• 8th Feb 2013

Backpackers BCN Diputació

Barcelona, Spain

Had anice stay. Wifi worked like a charm here. the signal was strong in the 4-dorm. The bald guy who was in charge that day was really nice to the guests and he acted like he really enjoyed his job. Muchas gracias.

• 7th Feb 2013

Backpackers BCN Casanova

Barcelona, Spain

Wifi signal was quite weak once you left reception's, and then you still have to go upstairs to enter the room via the kitchen. Also the design of the hostel wasn't tempting to meet other travelers. Not that it will be easy though, because Barcelona attracts way too many stereotypical buttheads who care only about themselves. I have never seen it so sterile and always had better experiences in the many other hostels I have been to in the entire world.

• 6th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Blaming the hostel for your personal experiences is not fair. We have two big common areas, apart from the kitchen, where people like to sit and chat. Fortunately, you are one of the few who have this opinion, because most people love the hostel and appreciate the work we do. You were in the hostel just one night. I don't think it is enough to have such opinion.

Roman Holidays Hostel

Rome, Italy

Hard to fault anything besides the lock out. I really wanted to sleep a little longer because I was in Rome for a small stopover from Athens. The place is a bit small with one bathroom, but basically has all you could ask for. The beds were clean, at least I didn't see anything that justifies those bedbug stories. Overall I had a good sleep, the WIFI was perfect and the Romanians who run the hostel are humble and uncomplicated nice people!

• 30th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

good hostel vibe and nice character. both thumbs up!

• 24th Jan 2013

Thousand Sunny

Rome, Italy

I had a great stay..these guys were making me forget that I was coming to rome to see the old city..after a few days I wanted to stay in this remote location for the vibe

• 22nd Jan 2013

Hostel Lella

Rome, Italy

Fantastic! really wished I booked more days with them

• 21st Jan 2013

Carlito's Way

Rome, Italy

I arrived at night and the other 4 persons in the 5 dorm room were already at sleep. I had to find my way in the very dark room, blinds couldn't be opened, lights didn't work and only the middle bed was left with no safe place to store my belongings as there was one guy sleeping near me on the left and on the right..but it is acceptable as a easy to find location when you need time to find your way in Rome and it is a good place to crash in

• 20th Jan 2013

The Cozyness Downtown Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Had a great, unforgettable stay during new years celebrations. Marius' interacting with the guests is very special and I never got the feeling he was doing that to promote the name of his hostel, but really because he wants to and it is coming right from the heart. I think he could even turn a prison into a cozy place!

• 30th Dec 2012

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

My additional booking to stay longer in V.Tarnovo and I enjoyed every nanosecond I stayed here. I hope to see the place again during a completely different season.

• 28th Dec 2012

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

It was great, wished I could stay more days. What was a bit lacking was the amount of information provided by the staff. For example they didn't tell me that there was free admission for the fortress on thursdays, which is the biggest attraction in Tarnovo. Also I found it a bit weird that A. rushed to the kitchen to remove dinner of the day when I annouced to go there for a coffee, like I was going to take some for free. Gave me an embarrased feeling. A lot of buses info was wrong on the wall

• 26th Dec 2012

The Penthouse Crib

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

It was top notch! One of the highlights was the balcony with view over the entire city and the warm gesture of the staff to wait for me during a short circuit in this part of the city and providing me candles. The only thing I was missing was some christmas decorations, it was 25 december after all..

• 24th Dec 2012

Nightingale Hostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Uhh..don't take the rating tooo seriously, but I had this everything is right feeling in this hostel. It may look average, but they had the real vibe of a hostel and the ladies are really nice if you are firendly to them. I wish I could really spend more days here! If you have problems communicating with them, ask them nicely to ask for the interpretor via the phone, and everything will be alright. The computers look old, but they do what they have to do and the WIFI works like a charm.

• 23rd Dec 2012

Antonio Guesthouse

Ohrid, Macedonia

I had a great stay. Really wished I could stay longer. I wasn't able to meet Antonio, good luck to him. And a tip for every traveler, just get to this address by taxi because there are more dejan vojvoda's in that part of Ohrid.

• 20th Dec 2012

Urban Hostel & Apartments

Skopje, Macedonia

because of journeys to Ohrid and Sofia I had to get up very early. Therefore I missed out the brekkie and a lot of fun. Still I have to say that one staff member was a real gentleman, the second was unorganised, and a girl acted like she didn't want to work there. I asked specifically to make a booking for two days later, but the reservation was never in the system and I also couldn't get the room I requested for initially.Kudos for the nice christmas decorations.

• 19th Dec 2012

Hostel Giraffe

Krakow, Poland

The owner is a cool bloke. Nice to see someone who interacts with the guests and knows how to run an accommodation for travelers. Good beds and big rooms, I like that!! And also, they have a lovely big sign outside with the Giraffe on it which you can't overlook. Don't let the location that goes away from the city center stop you from booking with them, it's only a short walk from the Barbican.

• 29th May 2012

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

If only the Belushi's in the UK were this good... I had a nice night rest here, and although it is like a 5-star hotel as everyone else mentions in the reviews, I felt a little bit lost, unwelcome, because the place is big and busy. I liked it here, but when I go back to Prague I will choose different places over the Mosaic house. Word of advice: store your bulky baggage downstairs in the lockers on the first floor, that saves you struggling and creates more space for your fellow travelers.

• 24th May 2012

Sir Toby's Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

You were absolutely the best!! So nice, helpful and smiling. The hostel has an amazing character and vibe, so homey and at the same time cozy with the back yard and the bar in the basement. I highly recommend this place, I will most definitely come back a next time. Also the special deals in Sir Toby's absolutely rock, like the travel pass, the bike deals and even the home made oat meal cookies. They were so delicious, thanks thanks thanks děkuji děkuji I love you guys!!

• 23rd May 2012

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Interesting place, with fantastic beds, good rooms and royal bathrooms that were perfectly clean. I had a good sleep here. The check-out time was verrrry generous!! I needed that, thanks. The security issues with the elevators were quite funny actually, so was the emergency exit which I thought was the main entrance. You fooled me there, yeah it's quite a laugh. One of the higher class rooms has a kitchen in it, when you need to prepare some food, then I'd recommend you to ask for an upgrade.

• 22nd May 2012

Ginkgo Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

It's a nice place to stay for a few days and a little peace'n quiet. Some things were a little bit weird, like why has the fridge to be where the staff sleeps at night? If you arrive after 11pm and want to drink your chilled alcoholic beverage , like me, then you can't. Anyway, I had a very good rest when I stayed at Gingko and a 24/7 grocery store is only half a block away.

• 15th May 2012

Adagio Hostel 1.0 Oktogon

Budapest, Hungary

It's hard to tell the staff apart from the guests. I couldn't because the staff was hanging around in plain clothes just like the other ppl hanging, laughing, fooling around ... It was a bit disturbing to be in a kitchen that was also the communal area AND the reception's desk. The rooms were very good, lockers, and the showers are nice and plentiful (although it was a culture shock to me to see someone sleeping in there at night, but okay) also, I felt no more than another paying guest.

• 13th May 2012

MOJO Budva

Budva, Montenegro

Wow this was an amazing experience!!! The proprietors were so sweet and nice ppl to talk to, it was like staying with foreign friends, they also speak very good English. The place reminded me of those summer vacation hostels that I have statyed at when I travelled in subtropical Pahia, Bay of iIlands NZ. I wish I could stay longer, but 30 degrees in early May was a bit much to me. The kitchen was very well equipped and overall the place just amazed me. The fridge in the dorm room was a big plus

• 9th May 2012

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

Ik had een geweldige tijd hier. Ik vond het opvallend om te zien dat de medewerkers bedrifjskleding droegen met de naam van het hostel erop. Goede computers, schone toiletten en grote huiskamer. Ik kom er zeker nog een keer langs als ik op doorreis ben in Boedapest. I had a fantastic time. Remarkable to see the staff dressed up in hostel gear. They have good working computers, clean toilets and a big common room. I will stay again in Maverick and I recommend the place wholeheartedly, Damian

• 6th May 2012

GlobArt Hostel

Krakow, Poland

You must go to this hostel, I insist. There is a gr8 view on the old town and the clock tower which in my opinion is more beautiful than the Big Ben. Only a few points off for the ludicrously slow internet access, but I bet they are working on it. The place is brand new and they will be the best rated and most visited after a while, take my word for it.

• 26th Mar 2012

Coffee Home Hostel

Lviv, Ukraine

Didn't know this was a sister hostel of another hostel in Lviv I stayed at before, so I was surprised the staff knew where I was staying the next days. It's a great place with a much better location. Only strange thing would be the water drain system/water kettle that made a sound as if it could blow up at any moment. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Lived up to my expectations. Nice character that make you feel at home. Nothing to fault really, but the ventilation in the main dorm room was poor. Every morning the room smelt really bad, because of the stench of other guests couldn't find it's way out. Also, is there any reason to turn on the radiator in March? I can believe you need a heater when it's minus 20 outside, but c'mon this was March with 13 degrees. What are you? Eskimos? It was hard to fall asleep because of that.

• 20th Mar 2012