Reviews: eh_ly2048

Alexandrie-Montréal

Montreal, Canada

The location was excellent. A Bixi bike station right outside the hostel, we biked everywhere in the city. It's only a 5 min walk to Place des Arts, and a 5 min walk to the nearest subway station. There is free parking at the nearby streets. One thing that surprised me was there is only one full washroom for the entire floor. One shower and one toilette for everyone living on the same floor.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Majority off the room have ensuite bathroom. So the bathroom at the end off the floor is just for few persons. Thank for nice comment.

Really good location 5 min you have 2 different metro lines. The neighbourhood is nice, I felt safe there. With many good restaurants and the beautiful canal. The 6 bed female dorm room was spacious. I liked the individual curtains for privacy and better sleep. The only cons are, all the beds are on one side so it's essentially a bunk of 6 beds. Anyone waking up would wake up the other 5. The washrooms aren't always clean and it was harder to meet people in this hostel bcos of the bed screen.

• 25th Mar 2012

City Hostel Nürnberg

Nuremberg, Germany

I would recommend the hostel for its superb locatioin and cleanliness. It's right in the middle of downtown, it was unbeatable. The receptionist was exceptionally nice. Otherwise, the hostel smelled like cigarettes all the time, and during the first few days of my stay, there were some weird people. A clown for example, I didn't know why. It was hard meeting people, maybe because I went during late March, a low season?

• 17th Mar 2012

Artharmony Pension & Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel was full of character, every room was decorated differently. Receptionists were all very helpful and kind. It was easy meeting other travelers because it's a cozy hostel with a common area. It was definitely a good value for money. The washrooms are always clean! The hostel is located in the center of Prague, it was equal distance getting to the old town and the new town. But I would have preferred if it was near the old town, and commuting farther to the new town.

• 13th Mar 2012

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

A really really great hostel! Right next to the Hbf and near an area called Dresden Neustadt where there are a bunch of really cool and hip restaurants, bakeries, designer shops. It's 10-15 min walk to the old town with all the museums, but the walk is pleasant. Staff was awesome, beautiful kitchen and everything possible available, really big and nice common area. I stayed in a 4-bed mix and the room was big. Bathroom and showers are shared but really clean. Would definitely stay here again!

• 9th Mar 2012

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

One of the best hostels I stayed in EVER! Superb location, 5-10 min walk to Alexanderplatz (Berlin Tower), beautiful restaurants and designer shops right underneath the hostel. Metro stop 1min away. I got a 6-bed female dorm and we had the washroom and shower right in our room. Staff was super funny and nice. I wouldn't even consider another hostel if I return to Berlin, Wombat's for sure!

• 3rd Mar 2012

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

5 min walk to the city center, very well-equiped. There's hair dryer for use, free sauna, pub area to watch football, big clean showers and washrooms. Downside: the hostel is RIGHT next to the train tracks. Every morning at 5am, the train goes by, my bed shakes. But if you're lucky, you get the other side of the building, it's really good value for the money.

Ace Hotel (Kensington)

4 bed mix: comfortable beds, private showers/washroom, daily cleaning. Good location, between 2 different metro line, easy to get to the center. Good breakfast, nice area to sit and drink. Downside: some working staff is cold.

City Public Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

12 bed mix: Close to city center, train station, the staff are so kind and friendly. But I didn't feel safe, there are no lock on the bedroom door, lockers are too small to store luggages. Anyone could have walked in. You have to pay extra for pillow and sheets. There were limited showers and toilet for the entire floor.

Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

If you're looking for something very different and fun, this hostel is for you! But if you're looking for a normal hostel in the city center, then I don't recommend it. we took a taxi from red light district one night, and it costed us 40 euros. The shuttle bus to the hostel is 1 euro each time. It adds up. This hostel is in the natural suburbs, it's close to a beautiful lake. It's like luxurious camping with awesome staff and a large, well-equiped kitchen. Great for meeting people here.

Choiseul Hotel

Bordeaux, France

We booked a room for 2 ppl. Great location, 5 min walk to the Grand Theatre and 2 min walk to Quinconces, the river, and tramway. The staff was very nice and the room clean, hot showers. It's definitely more of a hotel than a hostel. But beware of the reception hours, they close at 1pm everyday so you can't check in after that.

Backpackers BCN Casanova

Barcelona, Spain

I recommend this hostel, it's 3 min walk from the metro stop, 5 min walk to the city center and main attractions. This hostel is really clean, with many showers and toilets so you don't have to wait. There's a common area with a big kitchen, so it was fun to eat and meet people there. The staff was really kind and helpful. And there's a bakery around the corner, you can get sandwich with coke for 2 euros! Just ask the staff, they will tell you! I liked this hostel :)

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Less than 5 min from the main station, the hostel is so clean, so secure. There's a wintergarden inside where there are comfy chairs and canopies for you to sleep and relax. The breakfast is EXCELLENT for 3.70, you must try! I will definitely return :D

The hostel was 10 min from train station, and 5-10 min from city center, location was nice. The rooms were clean, and the lockers were big and safe! Downstairs in the bar and eating area, it's really nice and big. One thing: the showers were nice and hot, but I didn't think it was so clean, and it's hard to hook things so that they will stay dry.

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

I stayed there for only one night, but it was great. The staff were so welcoming! It's close to the main station (and metro), the rooms are clean and big, and they even have guitars for people who want to jam! One thing: the showers was nice and hot, but you have to keep on pressing the button for the water to run. It's environmental, but inconvenient.

Hotel the Moon

Brussels, Belgium

The hotel room is so nice, with a heater. The breakfast is amazing, and the staff is so kind and helpful. Location is unbeatable, it is literally close to everything in Brussels. One thing was, hot water in the shower ran out quickly. I would definitely return again.

Ciarus

Strasbourg, France

The hostel is quite close to the city center, the beds are comfortable and the rooms quite clean. However, I didn't feel safe in the hostel. The main entrance does not have a lock, anyone from the streets can walk in. My sister and I got followed by a man. When we reported him to the receptionist, he ran out the door. Just to alert and be careful.

Mary's Hotel

Paris, France

The hostel is literally 5 steps away from the metro station. Around it, there are cafe, boulangerie, and a nice thai restaurant. The beds are comfortable, and nice hot showers. I had a good time there.

Ethic Etapes Dijon

Dijon, France

The location is on the outskirts, but the bus stops in front of the hostel so it\'s ok. Breakfast was good, showers were hot and the room was clean. The only thing I will complain about is the smell in the washroom. I don\'t know why but it stinks so much, and the smell comes out from the toilet. It hurries you to get ready quicker in the morning haha. All in all, I recommend a stay of 1-2 nights, not a long stay.

Chianti Hostel

Rome, Italy

The location is amazing, the metro is right below the hostel, and the train station is very near by. However, the washroom isn't always so clean, the showers are cold unless they turn on the kitchen tap. But there are no bedbugs! I would recommend this for a short stay, a couple of days.

BJ Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

Beside being a comfortable home, the one thing I like most about Open Guest House is its location. Within 2 mins of walking, there's a metro station nearby. Within 3-5 min of walking, you will find many different kinds of food, cafe, bakery, shopping. It was super easy to get around and to go back home. The hostel is so clean and homey, if I go to Seoul again, I will definitely return to this hostel. Danny and his family were so kind to me during my stay, I will always remember their kindness!