Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Astor Queensway

One of the best hostels I have stayed at. The free bread, coffee and tea are a nice touch. Breakfast included peanut butter and vegemite. Staff were friendly and helpful, and some participated in the late night festivities. Easy to meet people in the common rooms, breakfast, and during organized evening events. Close to 2 tube lines. Room was a little too hot but London was in a midst of a heat wave during my stay. Tip: open the bathroom door when not in use or it will be a sauna inside.

• 24th Jul 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

The sheer volume of people in the hostel ironically made it difficult to meet people. Beware of the hair dryers, they are hotter than hell. And a dude occupied one of the beds during the last two nights in my all-female dorm. But, the location was good, the pool looked fun (though I didn't use it) and the beds comfortable.

• 20th Jul 2013

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

I was happy with my stay. It's a little far from the five towns but a shuttle (that you have to sign up for in advance) will take you to the first town for free. If you don't sign up and it's full, you take the public bus. There is not a lot of opportunity to mingle with other travellers and no kitchen facilities that I saw. The Internet is a little spotty. However, it's probably the cheapest place you'll find in the area.

• 17th Jul 2013

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

I really enjoyed my stay! The staff were friendly and helpful, and one even took us out for a night on the town for his graduation party! The all you can eat pasta nights are a great way to meet people. The area is a tad sketchy, but just don't go walking alone late at night. Easy to access all sites and transportation. I would definitely recommend this place!

• 12th Jul 2013

Seven Hostel

Sorrento, Italy

The hostel is about a 20-25 minute walk from Sorrento. I was frustrated with the staff as they gave me a lot of incorrect information regarding getting early morning cabs to the Sorrento bus station and the price of a boat trip to Positano and Amalfi. ALWAYS DOUBLE CHECK and do your own research. They were friendly though. The breakfast was fine, dinners were delicious, and cheap drinks at happy hour!

• 9th Jul 2013

Hostel Manuela

Split, Croatia

Wifi did not reach apartment across the steeet, had to sit by check in desk. It is not air conditioned, it's a fan. The window on the first floor did not lock properly but with some creativity we got it to close. Other than that, the stay was just fine. Supermarkets, bars and restaurants all very close.

• 6th Jul 2013