YHA London Oxford Street

A wonderful hostel that is perfectly located and staffed by a very welcoming and friendly team. Very clean and safe. Would definitely stay here again. :)

Thank you for the positive feedback. Hopefully see you soon.

Pretty nice place, a bit loud if you're on the second floor because you can hear the nightclub from below, but if you use earplugs (which are provided free at reception) you'll be fine. Clean kitchen, clean rooms, all good. I was in town for a conference, so I didn't make use of the party possibilities, but I hear there was free beer and a nightclub every evening. Internet was a bit patchy, but at least it was free.

Darwin YHA

Darwin, Australia

I have to say I was very disappointed by this YHA. It does not measure up to the standards of most other YHA hostels; it looks and feels very run-down, the rooms were very smelly and stealthy, the kitchen has only a total of four stove cookers and when it rains (which happens a lot in the wet season) there is nowhere to sit down as all the tables are outside. Also, the ACs are very loud and not very effective. All in all, I'd recommend staying in another hostel when in Darwin.

The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

Nice hostel, sometimes the bathrooms are a bit dirty.

Annie's Place

Alice Springs, Australia

Annie's Place was a really good hostel to stay at mainly because of its character. In that respect it's the best hostel I've stayed at in Australia so far (and I've been in a few!) as it has an amazing architectural design with a huge patio including a swimming pool. The rates are very cheap, however, so a perfect combination. Only staff could be friendlier.

Backpack Oz

Adelaide, Australia

Generally a very good hostel, the free wi-fi, breakfast and barbecue on Wednesdays are a big plus. No lockers, though, but you can leave valuables in the hostel's safe at reception.

Flinders Station Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

I had a really good time at Flinder's; the atmosphere was just great, everything was perfectly suited to backpackers' needs, like the free breakfast and great lounge areas. The hostel was also very well situated in good proximity to everything important or the relevant public transport to get there. Reception and all facilities are open 24/7 which was equally great. The only negative aspect was the internet fee (4 AUD/hr).

Canberra City YHA

Canberra, Australia

I very much enjoyed my stay in Canberra City YHA. The staff were very friendly, all facilities were clean and tidy and the hostel was very well situated in terms of sights, shops and entertainment places. The only downer were the $5 for the internet per hour, I think that's a little bit too much. Otherwise, two thumbs up.

Academica Summer Hostel

Helsinki, Finland

Generally nice; however, we were very disappointed to find our ensuite bathroom still dirty from the previous guests staying in our room.

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

I absolutely enjoyed my time at CityBackpackers, the value for money was excellent and it was the first hostel I ever encountered to have a certain cosiness about it. The location is great, too, and I can only highly recommend it to anyone planning to stay in Stockholm!