Reviews: badpost5114

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

Great place, nice bar, good food, good trip to see the Terracotta Warriors. The rooftop terrace was great after a long day out and the location was perfect. Most of the staff were great too, just let down by one or two who were completely apathetic and couldn't care less if we were there or not. I'll say again, though, most of the staff were great and I would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Apr 2012
  • Mixed Group

Had a great time here. Nice, very clean hostel with great, friendly and helpful staff and above all excellent location. Would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Jun 2011
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your comment. We know there's a lot things we need to update and will be better and better in future .Thanks again,wish to see you next time .

Beijing, China

I've always stayed here when I come to Beijing and I always have a great time. Great friendly staff, lockers in the rooms (with electric sockets inside!) nice bar with good atmosphere, can't beat the location. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• 21st Mar 2011

Beijing, China

Always stay here when I stay in Beijing. Was better last year when they turned films off and put music on at 8pm every evening. Now people just sit and watch films all night and I think the atmosphere has suffered a lot. Still wouldn't stay anywhere else in Beijing though.

• 28th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

Staff completely disorganised and rude; toilet had no door, only curtain; air conditioning practically useless - and the manager actually SHOUTED at us because we dared to open the window!! Hopeless place. They even send you an email before you check in to warn you not to expect much because this is Hong Kong and hostels here are not like elsewhere. Utter rubbish, there is no excuse for running a place like this. Stay somewhere else!!

• 23rd Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

Having read the comments about this place, we were apprehensive before we arrived. In fact, we had nothing to worry about. Good location, staff are helpful and it's perfectly clean. The rooms are very small but this is Hong Kong and for the price what do you expect? There is also no common area for meeting people; but if you just want a place to get your head down at night, then it's more than acceptable. People leaving negative comments are obviously not used to staying in hostels.

Strange one. Should have been excellent but wasn't. I thought the staff were completely anonymous and didn't speak to us at all. Once when I went to get a DVD, the two bar staff completely ignored me. One took the DVD sleeve from me and read the code for the other to find the disc. She gave me the DVD and they carried on their conversation all without saying a single word to me or making eye contact. Plus graffiti is not cool. Most people just write obscenities or drivel. Directions are awful.

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Mixed feelings. Mama is a loudmouthed recalcitrant bully who doesn't listen to a word you say - e.g. she refused to let me do my washing in the evening, despite the fact that otherwise there would be no time for it to dry before I left. On the other hand, she is always good humoured, the tours are pretty good value and the dinner she cooks is excellent. If you want your Mama to hold your hand and organise everything for you or can manage to just block her out sometimes then I suppose it's ok!

I enjoyed it here. It was clean, good location, staff friendly and efficient, beer and food very reasonable prices and there is a barbecue on Saturday nights - I ended up staying a lot longer than I planned! Only thing I would 'complain' about is the lack of a large common room - there are several small ones. The garden is nice when it's warm enough, though.

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

A brand new hostel - we loved it! The staff are some of the best we've met, so helpful and always want to chat or play pool and you can tell they are always trying their hardest to improve the hostel to make it a great place to stay. The outside bamboo terrace is very pretty and a pleasant place to sit and drink the reasonably priced local beer in the evenings. Maybe one slight gripe - I think the hostel would benefit from lockers because there is currently nowhere to store your valuables.

It should have been an amazing place - great location, stunning building and so on - but in the end it felt a bit too much like a bed factory. On top of that, the food and especially drinks are hugely overpriced and you can expect them to really push their tours on you. On the other hand, if you eat and drink elsewhere and organise your own trips, it's a nice place and the beds are actually very cheap. I would stay again.

Yamen Hostel

Pingyao, China

Good hostel, good location, great staff, two complaints. First one, selection of beer needs to be looked at; second, it was dead because it was out of season - but the staff tried their hardest to entertain us - and the chef is a demon pool player. Stay here!

Beijing, China

We love Leo and this was our third stay. Great staff, perfect location, excellent bar with lively atmosphere and pretty cheap beer. Would definitely (and probably will!) stay here again. Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Beijing.

Tianjin City Youth Hostel

Tianjin, China

A pretty reasonable place to stay for a night or two. Yes, ok, the guy on reception when we arrived didn't really speak any English - but that's not really a problem. We only stayed for one night and didn't see much of Tianjin - but I got the impression that the hostel doesn't have the best location - the only real complaint I have about this place.

Sam Won Jang

Busan, South Korea

It's a cheap motel. Don't know why it's on Hostelworld. But if you're after a cheap motel in a good location in Busan, go for it!

Loved it! Perfect! (We missed our boat to Korea the next day and that was the hostel's fault - but in a good way!!)

Tomato Kyoto Station

Kyoto, Japan

Awful hostel - sorry. Great staff (well, one person), but otherwise, you can't do anything. No noise after 9pm. No smoking inside (but you can't smoke OUTSIDE either!). You're not allowed to walk fast in the corridor. And when we asked if we could just wait at the hostel during the day until our bus was due we were grudgingly told yes and were then made to feel so unwelcome that in the end we prefered to wait outside the bus station for four hours. That says it all. Stay somewhere else!

bAKpAK Kyoto Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

Good place, good location, stay here!

Nice hostel, nice location. Beer not too expensive compared with the rest of Tokyo. Would stay again.

Guest House TaiwanMex

Taipei, Taiwan

Helpful staff, and perfectly acceptable, clean accommodation. Good location just near metro station.

Bay View Inn

Xiamen, China

Not a hostel at all but a really nice hotel with dorm rooms. Good location. Would stay again.

Good hostel with nice outside seating area. Staff were helpful (apart from when they told us to get on completely the wrong bus when we left - but everyone makes mistakes!). It's a little bit of a way from the town centre but it wasn't a problem because the buses are frequent and easy to use. Would stay again.

I liked this hostel. The staff were helpful and everything was clean. Would stay again.

The toilets were a bit smelly and the animals in cages were not to western tastes - but all in all this is a good place to stay, there's a big tv with a good DVD collection, the staff were helpful and the garden area is bonus. Also, not too far from the lake. Would stay again.

Taohuawoo Youth Hostel

Suzhou, China

Really liked this hostel. It's new, spotlessly clean, nice bar with seats outside - one night we hijacked the bar and turned it into a makeshift nightclub! And they've even got an indoor climbing wall for heaven's sake! Will definitely go back to this hostel if I'm in the area.

Thanks for choosing us and your kindly comment. Expect you would come soon and enjoy here.

Nice hostel, good location - and a nice bar. Would stay again.

Good location. Bar could stay open longer, though.

Big Brother Guest House

Qingdao, China

We had a great time at BB and Liza really looked after us. Also, good location - easy short walk to the beach. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Qingdao.