Reviews: iron_irene

Location: Netherlands, Age: 33

Riad Les Idrissides

Fez, Morocco

Nice place to stay. Location is in a quiet alley, right in the middle of the medina (medieval city centre), very near Bab Boujeloud (Blue gate). Friendly staff, nice breakfast. Beds were comfortable, room and bathroom always tidy and clean. Common area is nicely decorated, but not very entertaining. Great for a weekend away with a friend or your lover.

• 31st May 2013

Good for meeting solo travellers, also near Skytrain. Not much fun. Smoking in common area is allowed and is therefore smelly. The beds are very hard: in the middle of the night I took a blanket from one of the empty beds just to be able to sleep, and I got yelled at by the Thai lady for doing so. Other desk staff gave information you wanted, but in an indifferent way. Showers were clean and with hot water. 7 Eleven right downstairs.

Ms. Van Seggelen, Your e-mail name of Iron_Irene was well chosen. "Good for meeting solo travelers" yes we are, and and that itself is usually a fun event for most.. "Not much fun" maybe you just had a bit of bad luck. our matresses were recently replaced for new ones, Some have not have the "Breaking in period" mostly those on the top. Since new they can be hard For "Some" If that is the case For anyone we suggest you simply come to the desk (24hrs) and state you'd like another bunk- some do and we happily make the move. Simple... As Simple as asking for another blanket cause your cold in the room ( love the To good air-con complaints) but we understand and again Happily, for no cost ,get another blanket for you. When you take another blanket from another bunk you are taking a blanket that is for someone else. (The bed may have looked empty but we are open 24 hrs and alot arrive after 2am, tired and when they want to go to bed they find they have no blanket and because someone has taken it, it looks as though we are not doing our job. this happens more often with pillows,(Nai did not yell at you BTW, She only yells at me. You just did not like being wrong). you state "The desk staff gave you all the Info you wanted but in an indifferent way" The desk staff = English a 2nd laguage- They often get the same questions and it may seem indifferent but the result is All the info you want what else matters? It's not that they were rude or anything. Please when you stay at other HOSTELS please remember it is a social enviroment and think of others as well as yourself. If you have a want or need express it with the Recieption, I'm sure It would be a result that all would be happy with. Life.... I usually get out of it what I put into it. I'm sure you will too. Enjoy. Soi1david