Location: Czech Republic, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Seagulls Garret Hostel

Riga, Latvia

The hostel location is great, but unfortunately I arrived on Friday in the evening and it was very loud on the streets during the night, I didn't get much sleep even with earplugs! I can't say how noisy it gets on workdays, I've only spent 1 night, but Friday was crazy...

• 5th Sep 2014

Eurohostel

Helsinki, Finland

The hostel is nice and clean, good location and prices. I only wish the walls would be more soundproof... Not that it was that noisy during the night (I spent 2 nights, both on workdays), but you could here everything from the rooms around, so I don't want to imagine having some party neighbours.. and free wifi would have been nice..

• 1st Sep 2014

Old City Esma Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Well, my feelings about this hostel are very mixed... The best about the hostel is it's location, no doubt about that. And the breakfast in a cafe nearby was nice. But the actual building was closed when we arrived and it took us a lot of time and nerves to get hold of the manager. He accommodated us in a different building across the street. The room was ok, but obviously only a provisional solution - cracked tiles in the bathroom, holes in the wall, ... not what we expected, but we paid less.

• 2nd Apr 2013