Reviews: ANewDawn

Location England, Gender Female, Age 48

15th Jul 2016

The hostel was perfect for me and I have no complaints about the hostel itself (except the hairdryer didn't work and the reception had no spares). My biggest problem - and lack of sleep - came from the two young Chinese girls I shared with for two nights, who were incredibly inconsiderate. I'm not saying all Chinese travellers are like this - I lived and travelled in China for three years - but a reminder that can be understood, when people book in, may help, which includes not cooking!

• England, All Female Group, 31-40
Ostello Bello Bagan, Bagan, Myanmar
29th Dec 2015

One of the best hostels I've stayed in - very thoughtfully done. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely come again.

Camping Rialto, Venice, Italy
26th Jul 2015

We really enjoyed our time here - being easy to get to from the airport,, right next to the bus stop and having Lidl opposite made the location ideal for us. The cabin was great - the only criticism I have is the orange window covers as they didn't make us feel like we had total privacy at night. We had very noisy neighbours too, so maybe signage reminding people to be respectful would help a bit - not really the campsite's fault though.

5.4
24th May 2015

Firstly, I got lost as there are two maps on the website; I opted for the one that didn't look like a cartoon and the map was for a completely different part of the city. Secondly, the hostel reminds me of a very cheap rural Chinese hotel - the single room I had was very depressing and damp. There was just a glass wall separating the room from the corridor and people weren't quiet at all when they came in late. I think that the hostel is probably suitable for Chinese travellers only.

• England, Couple, 41+
Saphaipae Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
2nd Oct 2014

This is the second time I've stayed at this hostel; when my friend wanted to go to Bangkok I didn't hesitate to go back. it was comfortable and only a few minutes walk from the BTS, making it a good base for the city. The only downside was the quality of the breakfast - but it was edible and for the price I can't really complain.

2nd Apr 2014

A great place to stay in Chengdu. My only criticism: please can you make it easier for women to dry their hair after a shower - floor wet, mirror steamed up, no hairdryer :-/

We are very sorry for the inconvenience during your stay at our hostel. We will try to improve the equipment and hope to make it much convenient for everyone.

PLUS Berlin, Berlin, Germany
13th Jul 2013

Wada Hostel in Guilin, Guilin, China
7.4
29th Mar 2013

The staff were wonderful and gave a real personal service. The only downside was the food, I had two breakfasts and a lunch there and didn't enjoy any; luckily, the coffee was good.

Hi, Thanks for your feedback via email. Definitely your suggestions will help us to improve the service in Wada, also that's why Wada can keep on being No. 1 hostel in Guilin. We hope you can come again one day and check our service. Thanks again. Have a nice trip in China. Team Wada

• USA, Female, 41+
Check Inn HK, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
8.0
30th Nov 2012

• England,
Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
9.0
27th Jul 2009

We loved the location as the public transport is so good, but I can see why it may be out of the way for others. The biggest problem though was not having a kitchen and/or meals we could buy in the evening even though there is the kitchen facilities to prepare food. We varied in age from 17-41. The staff were excellent too.