USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

Good location (a bit out of the tourist area but with excellent public transport). Very clean, with the exception of the kitchen which could be untidy because many of the guests didn't wash their own dishes (clearly not the fault of the staff). Staff were excellent.

• 4th May 2013

Thanks for the kind comments about the staff and understanding that no matter how many signs we put up, some guests won't wash their dishes..to that end, we've added more housekeepers to help out during breakfast.

The 4You Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Very near the train station. The communal bathrooms could be improved but otherwise a nice place.

Steffi┬┤s Hostel Heidelberg

Heidelberg, Germany

Good location near the train station. This does mean a bit of a walk to the Old Town but you can't have it both ways!

Youthhostel Schaan-Vaduz

Schaan, Liechtenstein

I loved Mr. Spock (the hostel cat)!

This hostel is NOT in Mainz, it is in Florsheim (about 35 mins out of Mainz by train). The rooms are very basic and my room wasn't cleaned the night I was there. However, the new owners are exceedingly kind (even driving me around to see if there was somewhere I could go horse riding) and they are eager to promote their local area. They are happy to lend their guests bicycles and laptops free of charge.

Aivengo Youth Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Free internet. The female-only dorm was a studio apartment with twelve beds and it's own kitchenette and bathroom. Very close to the train station. I really enjoyed my stay there.

Abhostel

Antwerp, Belgium

I loved this hostel! It's very small and you feel at home as soon as you walk in. It's like staying at a friend's place, rather than at a hostel.