Reviews: skeo

Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Barra Beach Club Oceanfront Hostel

Florianopolis, Brazil

I can't give this place a perfect review like everyone else seems to. The free breakfast gave me food poisoning and I was so sick for 3 days that I ended up in hospital. Everything else about the place was wonderful.

• 24th Feb 2013

I wrote to Shannon, a nice Australian guy for more info about his illness, since this is the first time that my staff or myself have heard of it. To his credit, he gave me a prompt response. Long story short, i believe that he sincerly thinks the illness was food poisoning(not a bad Flu or stomach virus) and that it originated at my Hostel. I deeply believe that this is just not the case. We buy several kgs of fresh ( not packaged) ham and cheese every 2 days. Nothing sits around long and is always stored in our new refrigerators AND none of our 42 guests or 11 employees had any complaints, before-during-or after Shannons stay with us. We know there is not much worse than getting sick during travels, and so Shannon, i wish you the best and take care, Jim

Barra Guest Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

I really enjoyed my time here, with one pretty big exception. The people were great, staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Free caipirinhas every night was great. Atmosphere was relaxed and fun. Lots of common space to chill out and meet people. BUT there was zero hot water in the shower (not too bad considering how hot the weather was) and the metal bunks were so noisy you couldn't move without waking up the whole room which made for broken sleep at best. Still, I'd go back.

• 14th Feb 2013

Hi!!! Thank you a lot for your comment, we have alrealdy fixed the shower as soon as we knew. Whenever we can, even on Sat (I guess it was your case, your last day night), Sun and Bank Hollidays we manage to fix or change the whole shower, I'm really sorry for the incovenient and yes, the bunk beds are indeed doing some noise and I'll do my hard to fix it asap as I couldn't rely on other people to do it. Thank you once again to let me know. If around Salvador, come back, you'll see that all we'll be sorted, nice travels!!!

HI Copa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Stayed during carnivale so it was extremely expensive, but so was everywhere else. And was put in a room in an apartment across the road from the hostel, not the actual hostel. The beds were fine, lockers underneath. But the power kept going out and the air con was flaky. Also really hard to find a working power outlet in the place. The facilities in the actual hostel were great. Cool chill out area and a pool on the roof. Free breakfast was good too. Staff were generally helpful.

• 9th Feb 2013

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

• 6th Feb 2012

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Amazing hostel, but of my 5 nights there, the common room was empty for 2 of the nights. Not a good omen given krakow is supposed to be a party town.........

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Amazing hostel, with great staff and a fun atmosphere. Showers can be a bit of an adventure trying to get hot water, but it is possible if you know how.