Reviews: courtneylarose96925

• Canada, Female, 25-30
Barmy Badger Backpackers, London, England
1st Jul 2013

I only stayed one night in Barmy Badger Backpackers and would recommend it to another traveller. Liz was an absolute sweetheart - so friendly, helpful and kind. The kitchen facilities were fantastic and the rooms and bathrooms very clean. There are also a number of people living there on a more permanent basis who were great fun. All-in-all I would recommend it to another traveller, as I am thinking I will end up back there in August. Thank you to all the staff for their warm hospitality.

Thank you very much for your review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to welcome you back in August and have a wonderful time on your current travels.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
2nd Apr 2011

City BackPackers is a really nice, secure hostel with comfortable accomodations. I must admit though I did not feel that the staff was the most helpful or eager to help you plan your stay. This would have been appreciated as I was on a tight schedule and was really restricted with what I could see and do. Also there are very little events going on to facilitate a ‘fun’ time. This was a huge contrast from Tallinn Backpackers where I had just come from. Overall though the city of Stockholm is stunning an

Hi, thank you for the feedback. I am sorry you didn't feel we took well enough care of you during your stay. It is my responabillity that the guests have a good time here, so I'm to blame. You were a bit unlucky that your stay was so short, and on the particular day you were here you're right, we didn't have anything going on. Had you arrived a day earlier there would have been a boat picnic and a bar tour. I will ponder your critique, and see what can be done. Kindly Lena, Chief of the City Backpacker Fun Squad

• Cameroon, Female, 18-24
Tallinn Backpackers, Tallinn, Estonia
19th Mar 2011

Tallinn Backpackers has wicked staff that show their guests a good time. They have good ties with hostels in Latvia and will help you plan your future travels. They have a sauna, a free pub crawl that goes every night and a wicked happy hour that always is a good pre-drink. They even have the entire Mighty Ducks series on hand if you are hung over and in need of a relaxing afternoon. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who is down for a good time! I’ll be back! Much love Tallinn!

8.7
25th Jul 2009

Overall I was very pleased with my stay at Wombats. However, they do charge for Internet and breakfast is not included. Still though the staff were firendly, helpful and the bar and kitchen facilities are quite nice. Also, they have a happy hour from 6-8 with beer costing 1 euro.

Hostel Mali Mrak Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
9.3
12th Jul 2009

Despite the fact that the hostel requires you to take a tram, it was quite easy to find and very well marked. We used Zagreb as a home base to get to Plitvice Lakes, which worked great. The hostel itself was clean, had 3 computers, decent common area with a small guest kitchen, and helpful staff. There is a supermarket close but there are very few, if no, restaurants near the hostel forcing you to take a tram to eat out. Overall, it was not my favourite hostel experience but was fine for us.

Hippo Hostel, Budva, Montenegro
8.0
10th Jul 2009

Hippo Hostel was a little bit of a trek from the bus station, but was found quite easily on account of very good directions. They had awesome common areas such as the patio and tv room where we all chilled out in the evenings watching movies from a huge collection. The guest kitchen is spacious with security lockers and Internet access. Our room was so hot the first night, but the owner Marcus got us fans for the rest of our stay. Overall, I was happy, but it was not my favourite hostel.

Villa Sigurata, Dubrovnik, Croatia
7th Jul 2009

Upon arriving at Villa Sigurata we were greeted by the most welcoming face. Nicolina truly went out of her way to make us feel at home. The hostel, which I would describe more as a guesthouse, was so clean and had everything you could ever want. Everything from a great location, guest kitchen, toiletries in the bathroom, satellite in the rooms, air conditioning, and towels at your disposal. I would gladly tell anyone visiting Dubrovnik to stay here, as I myself would go back in a heartbeat.

Luka's Lodge, Hvar, Croatia
30th Jun 2009

Upon arriving at Luka's Lodge we were greeted by the friendliest man. Luka went out of his way to make sure we were completely satisfied in every respect. We had everything we could have asked for including a guest kitchen, Internet access, clean and safe rooms, and a ideal location for everything. Hvar is an incredibly beautiful, vibrant place that I could encourage people to visit. If you are reading this review and are fortunate enough to get the chance to go to Hvar I suggest Luka's Lodge.

Situs Hostel, Split, Croatia
28th Jun 2009

I was so surprised to learn that this hostel has only been up and running for about a month or so. It was situated in a great location, was very clean, and Peter was so helpful! He went out of his way to help us figure out our best route for Hvar and Korcula, which he didn't have to do at all. Split is a beautiful place and it should not be missed. If you are fortunate enough to make a trip to Split, I would gladly recommend anyone to choose Situs Hostel.

24th Jun 2009

After the travel day from hell, we arrived at Most Hostel Pula only to be greeted by the nicest people. The hostel is in a good location and there is everything you could ever ask for including a free washing machine. They put out cookies and pretzels for the guests and made you feel so at home. Since we are without a cell they called and investigated bus timetables for us. Rooms, bathrooms and common areas are so clean. We could not ask for more. I urge you to stay here!

My Hostel Ljubljana, Ljubljana, Slovenia
17th Jun 2009

This is one of the best hostel experiences I've had. I will admit it is a 10 minute bus ride from the city center, but it is well worth the trek. The owner, Marco, is an absolute legend, being so friendly and helpful. The hostel is so clean, very secure and always has a great mix of people. Marco has a friend who runs tours to Bled, which is convenient and cheaper than going on your own. I would and have recommended this hostel to people, telling them they would be foolish to stay anywhere else

Best Holidays Venice, Venice, Italy
4.7
14th Jun 2009

Locanda is lucky they are in such a touristy area otherwise nobody would stay here. The staff was rude, and unfriendly. The rooms lack character and are livable, but not the cleanest place I've ever stayed. I would encourage people to continue searching for another hostel, even if it means paying a few dollars more.

Sunflower City Backpacker, Rimini, Italy
11th Jun 2009

Unfortunately I was visiting Rimini before the peak season really hit, therefore it wasn't very busy. However, despite this everything I could ever want in a hostel was found at Sunflower. I cannot say enough about the staff, and it was immaculately clean! The location was close and easy to get to and I felt 100% safe. I would highly recommend this hostel to any traveler.