Reviews: asgeirlindholm1121

JP Mansion

Krabi, Thailand

Stayed just one night on my way from Singapore to Koh Tao. Walking distance to night market and shops. Friendly and helpful staff (fixed tickets to Koh Tao without problems). Room was pretty standard and overall pretty clean. OK option for a night or two.

Warung Coco

Kuta, Indonesia

Booked a single room for one night since I had a stop over between Gili and Singapore. Room was not located at the main compound, but further up the alley. Room okay, but bathroom was in need of some paint and cleaning. Bed okay, but the only duvet was a thick one that most likely is not cleaned after every visitor. Quiet area so got a good night sleep. About 20min walk from Legian Street and 30min to beach.

Tanaya Bed & Breakfast

Kuta, Indonesia

Nice B&B located centrally on Legian street - walking distance to beach, restaurants and bars. Friendly staff that made me feel welcome from first second. Overall, a safe option around Kuta.

Serai Inn

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Only stayed here because my other hostel was fully booked. Hostel comprises three floors of rooms which are separated by office cubicle walls, which means that you'll hear your neighbors. Rooms look more like prison cells and I was afraid beds might have bugs - threw away the duvet covers since it was dirty. Almost no water pressure in shower. Plastic flowers and other weird nick-nack lying around. Trust me, one can find a lot better accommodation for a lower price in KL.

Just like most other hostel in Kuala Lumpur, our rooms are not separated by brick walls. Nonetheless, we always ask the guests to be quiet after 11pm. We change the bed sheet and blanket after every check-out and we have never been complained about bed bugs. The water pressure on the 4th floor may not meet Asgeir's expectation but the water pressure on the other floors are higher. Please note that there are bathrooms on every floor.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent hostel close to Chinatown, LRT and Little India. Cool vibe and great atmosphere. It's clean, modern and has all the amenities you need. Would gladly come back.

Sayang Selalu Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

When I arrived the guy at reception could not find my booking. Asked then for a single room away from the common area (due to noise), but was given room right next to the common area. Okay room, but felt like a prison cell - no pictures or paintings or personal touch. Bathroom/toilet need a proper cleaning. Frequently no toilet paper. For many hours each day the hostel would be without staff - no one answered phones or door. No idea where staff was or when they would return.

Empire Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Hostel close to MRT stations, hawker center and buses. Many of the guests are staying while working/looking for work/ searching for permanent accommodation in Singapore. Some of the people I met had stayed at the hostel on-off for over three months. Rooms and beds are generally clean, but common areas and kitchen are in dire need of a good cleaning. In general, the hostel should close for a week and spend the time scrubbing the entire place from floor to ceiling.

Boracay Actopia Resort

Boracay Island, Philippines

Had booked a "deluxe twin" several months in advance, but at arrival we were informed that the "resort" was fully booked. We were offered to stay in a room in the house of the family running the "resort". Bathroom in the hall was very filthy, room also filthy and depressing. Only after a 5-min discussion with staff did we get a refund since we did not get what we booked. Also, this "resort" is far away from White Beach - 15 min with car and is nowhere close to the action. Stay somewhere else!

Avalon House

Dublin, Ireland

After reading all the positive feedback on the Internet, I must admit that I was a little disappoined when we arrived. The location is probably the best thing about Avalon - just five min to the Temple bar and city center. However, the beds were very hard and the shower and WC down the hall could use some paint. The breakfast was average and would have been really improved if there were some fresh fruit and/or free coffee and tee. But all in all, it`s a good hostell in the heart of Dublin :)