Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 52

St Christopher's Camden

Had a nice one night stay.

Thanks for the review :) glad you enjoyed your stay. See you soon hopefully :) St Christopher's Camden.

MEININGER London Hyde Park

Nice relativity new hostel ran by a good chain/company MEININGER. Stayed in their Salzburg one once too which was good also. I would say these hostels are more family orientated. I booked a 12 bed mixed room but on arrival had been 'upgraded' to a 4 bed family room. Unfortunately they conveniently forgot to tell me at reception that these family rooms don't have any lockers! So nowhere to put my laptop safe. Back to reception & £5 deposit they gave me a key for a lobby secbox & laptop was safe

Hi there, thanks for the nice feedback. We do have lockers in all room s from 6+ beds. For the smaller rooms and all valuables we do provide the safety deposit boxes free of charge (just for a key deposit as you said). We hope to see you again in one of our 16 Meininger's all over Europe :-) Best regards Your Meininger Team

Very friendly and helpful staff. Located 1-2 mins walk down a side road off the main road leading to London Bridge so very central. Walk to London bridge in 5-8 mins maybe. The main road has plenty of bars and restaurants. Has numerical lock units on both the stairs door and the individual dorm doors - I prefer swipe cards. The bed had amazing mattress and great white bedding 10/10 The lockers under the beds would be better if they were the metal cage type as the wooden ones were poor design

Thank you for choosing Destinations Hostels during your visit to London, we are pleased you mostly enjoyed your stay with us but please let me address your concerns, we are only a 4 minutes walk from London Bridge tube station and 4 minutes from Borough tube station, we are 1-2 minutes from Borough high street, we have numerical locks on our doors that we change on a regular basis, swipoe cards cab be forgered and lost, our security lockers are wooden, but they are padlocked to the bed and you cannot see what is in them, as you could if they were metal cage type, they are as strong as the metal ones, we hope that any of these concerns will not stop you booking with us in the future, thank you for your comments.

St Christopher's Camden

Good hostel in a good location in Camden, London. Friendly staff, card security on the doors is good, padlocked under-bed cages seemed to be well maintained now (take your own padlock or buy a bike lock from the pound-shop next door!) Reception will give you a discount card - this also shows at the bottom your room number and bed number. make sure you read this and get the correct one! Many don't! The upstairs toilets with basins could do with a shelf to put your stuff on while washing!

Hi there. Thanks for leaving us your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We will get our maintenance team to look at the possibility of adding some shelving. However, most rooms have something equivalent. Safe travels. St-Christopher's Inn - Camden

Phoenix Hostel

A good low cost/budget, very central hostel set in an old pub. The hostel has a bar downstairs and the rooms all above this upstairs. With two free PC's for browsing the net at the side of the bar and breakfast for only £1.50!! which includes: around 5 diff cereals, ham, cheese, toast, jam, tea/coffee, juice the place is amazing budget value! Ok the old pub has seen better days but a worthy place to stay on a budget for central London.

St Christopher's Camden

Overall a good all round hostel. My only improvement would be to have breakfast available earlier than the current 8 am. Should someone working in London on a temporary basis which to stay at the Hostel (like myself) the breakfast starting at 8 am doesn't leave enough time to have breakfast and then get to work on time at 9 am. As a member of staff is already there and the breakfast things are out - a few tables could easily be available from 7 am which would make the hostel more appealing.

Davies Court

It's a relatively new high rise tower block. At rear in distance is Canary Wharf . On arrival you press a buzzer and security let you in via electric sliding doors. Once checked-in you get a key-fob to operate the doors. The room I had, had 2 single beds, 2 lockable wardrobes and 2 lockable bedside cabinets unfortunately the key wouldn't lock any! Integral bathroom with no toilet paper & black mound on shower curtain, also no shower tray so bathroom floor got wet. Also no duvet only a cover!

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

A cool place to hang out in the day time and the area is a cool place to hang out in at night time. The rooms are standard hostel room with standard red metal bunks with padlock-able cages under the bunks. The bathrooms are integral to the bedrooms and are new as the hostel is relatively new. From the crossroads near the hostel - one road takes you straight to Liverpool street tube (15 mins walk) and another leads you straight to old street tube (10 mins walk) - have fun I think you will like :)

Thank you so much for your review and your thoughts. Hope to see you again!

St Christopher's Camden

Great pub down stairs with friendly staff. All in all a great stay.

Hey there. Cheers for taking the time out to leave a review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Hopefully we will see you again down the track. Regards, St.Christopher's Inn - Camden

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

This has style in a contemporary retro/urban kind of way & the old building supports that nicely. The hangout area doubles as a breakfast area in the morning (yogurt, granola, honey, croissants etc) and a bar at night. Plenty of sockets/charging/wi-fi :). Rooms are standard hostel rooms with shower / toilet rooms integrated. The let down is the security as they don't have a card system on the doors only keys. Also a standard padlock wont fit the lockers. ++Shoreditch is very cool area of London!

St Christopher's Camden

Quick check-in by competent staff who fully explain everything about the hostel to you. Personal possessions are stored using the cages on wheels under the beds. Unfortunately mine was empty yet locked by someone else's padlock. So I had to pull it out and change in for a spare one - luckily there was a spare/unused one in the room. The beds are the metal bunk beds and don't squeak like some do. The bedding is really nice and soft and fresh. Overall I like staying here.

Hi mate. We endeavour to learn from your experiences so we appreciate that you took the time to leave a review. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I remember personally trying everything I could to break the lock without success. Cheers for doing a better job than me. I'm glad that this was just a minor bump in the road. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again one day! Safe travels… Regards, St.Christopher's Inn - Camden

One of the few hostels I've stayed at that has the bunk beds custom made out of wood and three tiers. You have the base bunk, a bunk above this and another above that. The top one would be no good for anyone who doesn't like heights! The bunks are really well designed as everyone gets a privacy curtain that pulls across the front and a shelf to put phone and water etc on. Also everyone gets their own reading light. The showers have been recently refurbished. The building has nice old character.

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This hostel has great character, nice rooms and newly refurbished showers. To get into Dublin city center is quite easy once you know how. Once outside and onto the main street just go right at the traffic lights and keep walking - you end up in the middle of Dublin and next to the The Spire of Dublin, officially titled the Monument of Light - a large, stainless steel, pin-like monument 121.2 metres (398 ft) in height. Just one road and a walk of about 10-15 minutes.

MEININGER Salzburg City Center

Salzburg, Austria

This is a brand new, minimalist design, modern, stylish, hostel with quite high spec fittings. The showers are very nice and the rooms adequate with metal bunks. The lift only works once you have swiped your room card so security has an added bonus. Lockers are in the rooms. This hostel is quite away out of town but the bus stop is only across the road and buses are quite frequent. More like a new hotel which has bunks in the rooms rather than beds sums this place up.

Generator Hostel London

Probably the biggest and best hostel in London. This hostel has everything to offer. If you like intimate small hostels this is not for you. If you like hundreds on young lively people from all over the place getting together this is the place for you. One of the few hostels to have a big dedicated bar/DJ room open until 2am. Another nice thing, most rooms and showers have been recently refurbished. I believe the hostel has around 800 beds! Fully recommended