Reviews: lyz26699725

Meiai Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great place to stay during Carnaval - relaxing and quiet in the day away from the mania that is Lappa, but close enough to metro stations/all the action. Would definitely stay here again!

• 28th Feb 2014

Hostel Riad Mama Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Absolutely LOVED my stay at Mama Marrakech - as a single white female, I didn't feel totally safe in Marrakech but Mama Marrakech was so friendly and welcoming and cultivated openness and opportunities to make friends. I ate every meal with a different international new friend!! Kareem is AMAZING, such a nice guy and so helpful! If I was ever to come back to Marrakech, this would be the first place i'd stay!

• 14th Jun 2013

Hostel California

Milan, Italy

Hostel is incredibly hard to find - the sign outside is the size of a postcard, which does not make it easy to spot (even with directions from this site). Location is slighty on the didgy end, particularly for me as a single girl travelling alone. Nice common room which closes at 11pm (even at weekends) and no-one allowed in other rooms which meant we had to roam the streets with new friends.

• 13th Aug 2012

Camping Fabulous

Rome, Italy

Camping Fabulous was slightly out of Rome and harder to find in the evening - but once I'd noticed all that were staying there wore white wristbands it made it majorally easier! I travelled alone, but still made use of all the facilities, If you had children it would be perfect - so much to do and so many other international children to meet!

• 11th Aug 2012

Camping Serenissima

Venice, Italy

Nice camping ground, about 30 minutes from Venice centre. Fairly basic site, with bar and restuarant. Nice to be with nature though!

• 8th Aug 2012

Capital View

Washington DC, USA

Thought Capital View was ok, ended up having two nights here and one night in DC Lofty (their sister hostel). Capital View was nicer, quieter and in a better location for sights and DC Lofty was in a better location for shops/restaurants - however, left a bag of stuff in DC Lofty which will not be returned to me, always upsetting and manages to taint your feelings about a place.

• 4th Apr 2012

hey there, We surely would be glad to return any things left behind, please contact us about any misplaced bags/luggage. Also thank you for your thoughts!

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Great hostel, wonderful atmosphere and everyone was very friendly and welcoming. However, one of the reception staff assured me i could get a bus onto my next destination from a certain stop, which the bus never has and never will pick up from - resulting in me missing my bus and being very late! Otherwise, amazing hostel and lovely social experience!

• 2nd Apr 2012

Birmingham Central Backpackers

Birmingham, England

Obviously not hostels fault - but roommates were incredibly rude and one particular member of reception staff was very unhelpful. However 10/10 for the German lay on reception - what a beauty!!

Coffee Palace Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

Loved the themed nights - our was twister and bad taste! I dont quite think the staff expected some people to have such bad taste! Loved this hostel!