Reviews: whereishawkins

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 37

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

The halls tended to be very noisy at all hours so sleep wasn't that great. Intermittent warm showers. Front desk staff was ok, Had a decent bar with spotty wifi. Overall it was above average.

Green Elephant

Cape Town, South Africa

Very cool place. Friendly front office staff, lively crowds. 7 min walk to the Observatory train station or a bus into Cape Town's CBD. Good bar prices, comfy enough beds and hot showers. Overall, I was happy.

Ghandi Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

For the 3 days I was at Ghandi Backpackers, we had no running water. That sucked. No wifi. Heinz was nice, but the rest of the staff was pretty worthless for info. 90-130 Rand per way for a taxi ride from the hostel to the CBD. Free airport pickup/dropoff was nice.

Bong House

Seoul, South Korea

This is the second time I've stayed here, and I chose it again because it's close to the Hyehwa stop on Line 4. Since there was low occupancy, the place didn't have the same mojo as it did during my last stay, but is a decent enough place to lay your head at night.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Fairly decent hostel in Singapore - it's hard to find a good hostel in Singapore, but am glad that I stayed here. Staff was nice, the rooftop was nice and overall, it was a decent place to sleep.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at in the world. This place kicks ass.

Haising Hotel

Singapore, Singapore

The hotel was as described - they let me check in at 7am, which was super nice. Other than that, it was average. That's not that it's bad - it's just it was a bed and a hot shower for a single traveler, which is what I needed.

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

Easy to follow directions from the bus station. My single room was about a 20 min walk away in a different building. No wifi and no one to ask questions unless you wanted to schlep back to the main building. It was a decent enough place to sleep at night, but nothing stands out about the hostel.

Super nice hostel. It doesn't have a party or lively atmosphere but it's a great place to stay. Clean, professionally run and nice.

Riad Jakoura

Marrakech, Morocco

A magnificent Riad! Just watch for touts and others trying to be very helpful when you arrive via taxi or bus.

Big Apple Hostel & Hotel

Istanbul, Turkey

Bong House

Seoul, South Korea

What a great place! Mr. Bong is an amazing host and took us to several local places, including taking us to eat live octopus! The Bong Bar was a nice touch. Great service, great memories. I'd wholeheartedly recommend staying at the Bong House.

Alegria's Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Staff didn't speak English that well and tended to party louder than the guests.

Vy Khanh Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Going to Vietnam alone is a bit scary. But Ms. Vy helped me book tours and took care of me even before I arrived at the hostel. It is a very nice and cozy place to stay. Highly recommended!

Dear Mr Hawkins, Thanks for your comment. We hope to see you again. Best regards, Your Vy Khanh Guesthouse ;-)

The Mitraa

Red Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

The staff here is fantastic - they truly do try to make sure you have a great time in KL.

CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

What a fantastic place. Great staff!