Reviews: kmederal3372

Dalat Friendly Fun

Da Lat, Vietnam

The staff are very lovely, I came very early in the morning, before check-in time, they let me in, allowed me to creep in one of the beds and have a nap, then also served me breakfast. There is a problem however with lot of moisture in the rooms, some walls are pretty mouldy, and that looks very unpleasant.

• 21st Aug 2015

Hue, Vietnam

• 11th Aug 2015

Tam Coc Backpacker Hostel

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

Came back into my room before check-out, only to find out that the cleaning lady has already rearranged my stuff, and found my tablet's wrapper in trash bin. Luckily they hadn't emptied it yet. I like the happy hours, though.

• 8th Aug 2015

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

Although the room was very clean, I saw a cockroach walking the side of the reception desk one evening.

• 25th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

We apologize for any inconveniences you faced during your stay and also thank you very much for your feedback. It is the first time happened in our hostel this year and we already uesed insecticide agaist the cockroach. You will have a lobby as clean as the room next time. We are sorry again and hope to see you next time.

• 22nd Jul 2015

• 19th Jul 2015

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

• 15th Jul 2015

Love Hostel

Lanzhou, China

Booked 3 nights and mentioned that I'll then go to Xiahe for 1 night and come back for 1 more night. First 3 nights went well, except for the very poor knowledge of English at the reception. Before trip to Xiahe I asked if I could leave my backpack in the hostel, so I don't drag it to Xiahe. They said no problem. When I came back, it turned out there was no place because I "haven't booked". The guy on the reception said "it's not my problem", and didn't offer any help to find solution for it.

• 8th Jul 2015

• 28th Jun 2015

• 19th Jun 2015

Lahore Backpackers

Lahore, Pakistan

I've been to many hostels around the world and this is one of the best. It is not so about the hostel itself, but the hospitality and helpfulness of Mr. Sajjad, the very soul of the hostel. He's really eager to help you in any possible way, whether it's sewing you a shalvarkameez to blend in, taking you on trips to the countryside, preparing meals...you name it. Definitely the place that is a home away from home.

• 29th May 2015

Suna Hotel

Ankara, Turkey

In the first room I was given, the toilet flush wasn't working. I moved to another, with very filthy bathroom, smell of tobacco smoke and someone's dirty clothes left in the wardrobe. The bed linen wasn't the cleanest, either. Toilet paper was provided only after asking for it. Water in the toilet was constantly dripping. Altogether, very poor. Luckily the weather was good, so I stayed out of it most of the time.

• 15th Apr 2015

Istanbul, Turkey

The only problem is that there is only one toilet per floor.

• 11th Apr 2015

Tune Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

The guy that works there seems pretty nonchalant, sleeps until noon, looks like he has a constant hangover... But I appreciate that he checked me in when I arrived early in the morning. Also, the women that keep the hostel clean do very good work. All in all, recommended hostel, if you don't need much from the staff. Insist that you've already paid 15% of the room price through Hostelworld. They charged me full price.

• 9th Apr 2015

Travellers Home Hostel

• 29th Mar 2015

Avenue Hostel

• 4th Oct 2014

• 14th Sep 2014

Accommodation Horizon

Zadar, Croatia

Something got messed up with my reservation, so in fact there was no free place in the hostel, and instead I was offered a room in the flat of the owners. While I had certain amount of privacy, it was still rather awkward, since I had to share the bathroom with the family. Anyway, the owners were really helpful and friendly.

• 26th Aug 2014

Smart Hyde Park View Hostel

• 28th Jun 2014

Tartan Lodge

Glasgow, Scotland

I was one of the first guests in a newly opened and very clean hostel with a cool setting (it is situated in an old church building). I liked the tartan-themed interior, as well as friendly staff. It is a bit out of the way, 15-minute walk from the Queen Street Station, but is worth it. The only annoying feature is that when using wi-fi, the hostel homepage keeps popping out every few minutes, interrupting normal surfing. That being said, it means that there are no substantial problems. :-)

• 26th Jun 2014

Edinburgh, Scotland

• 23rd Jun 2014

Safestay York

York, England

Great quiet place, with a lovely historical charm. A price of a hostel, a setting of a hotel, and a classy one!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

Room was OK, but one male toilet lacked toilet paper and the other lacked soap and was generally filthy. There was a note that we should inform the staff if we found any troubles with the toilet. So I did. The girl at the reception said she will take care of it "later". I insisted, since I had to use the toilet. Eventually, I went to the girls' toilet, and by the time I checked out (next morning), there was still neither toilet paper nor soap. What a complacency. Why do they have that note then?

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Croatia

We'd like to apologise for what you experienced with the toilets - while everything usually runs smoothly, we ocassionally run into problems with late deliveries etc. which leaves us a little bit helpless! We do our best to offer you immediate assistance but again, on hectic mornings it's difficult to leave the desk, and we do have housekeepers in from 9 - 3 doing their best to make sure everything is stocked.

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel

• 19th Jun 2014

Corner Hostel Malta

Sliema, Malta

• 30th Apr 2014

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

For such a high-class hostel, one would expect to have soap in the bathroom.

• 20th Apr 2014

David Hasselhostel

• 18th Apr 2014

Orient Hostel

• 3rd Jan 2014

Guesthouse Nice

Tbilisi, Georgia

Twin private room is in fact a room in the flat of owner's sister, with the bathroom we had to share with the family. Moreover, there was no heating in the room, it was freezing cold. They gave us only a small heater, which was next to useless. I believe it would have been better in the main guesthouse, or if we had come in summer, but this was unbearable and we had to change our plans and move out after one night. I think it should be taken into consideration if you want to book twin private.

• 30th Dec 2013

Hostel Batumi Globus

Batumi, Georgia

The only problem was the shower, since it was hard to regulate water - either boiling hot or freezing cold.

• 29th Dec 2013

• 28th Dec 2013

Astor Queensway

• 5th Oct 2013

• 12th Aug 2013
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Hostel Mills Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Unfortunately, my bed (mattress, actually) had a hole in the middle of it, so the sleep was pretty uncomfortable. Apart from it, the hostel was pleasant, and the room (5-bed dorm) satisfying.

• 10th Aug 2013

Rome, Italy

• 1st Nov 2012

Tito46

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Because of reduction, there was no water during the night and noone prepared spare water (in a bucket, for example). So when I had to use the toilet during the night, I couldn't flush it. One more thing - it's compulsory to leave deposit for the key. But when I had to leave in the morning, there wasn't anyone at the reception (although they claim to be open 24 h), meaning that I effectively lost my deposit (5€). I had a positive experience with this hostel earlier, but I'm not going there again.

• 6th Oct 2012

Boutique Hostel Forum

Zadar, Croatia

Hostel in general is great, except for the design of the room - sardine-box beds, extremely small bathrooms without hooks for clothes and no shelves, only curtains in the shower cabin, but without drain for the water that inevitably flows out of the shower cabin, rotating windows with shelves put just in front of it - so if you're not careful, you can easily knock something through the window, to the head of passers-by on Kalelarga... However, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.

• 12th Aug 2012

Szeged Downtown Hostel

Szeged, Hungary

We haven't managed to get to the hostel, as a matter of fact. We got to the scene around the time we were due (according to our reservation), but found the building empty. We kept ringing the bell, knocking, tried the other bells, but there was no one. We then decided to go to another hostel. After we started to unpack, I found an SMS from one of the hostel staff members in which he requested us to send him the exact time of our arrival, because he needs half an hour to get to the hostel.

• 23rd Jun 2012

Tito46

• 19th Aug 2011

Orient Express Hostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

There was a misunderstanding whether breakfast was included in the price. It wasn't, but the way I was informed about that was unnecessarily rude - I was practically thrown off the table with a remark "Either you pay or you don't get anything". So much for Bulgarian hospitality...

• 9th Aug 2011