Reviews: booking_roswell2461

Location England, Age 29

Kipps Hostel Canterbury, Canterbury, England
17th Sep 2013

Really lovely welcoming staff- lovely rooms and a great community atmosphere. Sad I couldn't stay for more than one night!

MEININGER Brussels City Center, Brussels, Belgium
20th Jun 2013

I had a lovely stay here- really lovely staff who helped me with my German and French, comfy beds and clean rooms. My one complaint is that the guest kitchen is tiny with food spilled everywhere, with very few utensils, taking into account the size of the hostel. Still, I would definitely return as it general, it's a fantastic and safe-feeling place. :)

Hostel ROOM Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands
14th Jun 2013

Fantastic hostel!!! I was so sad to have only been there for one night! I will definitely be back. One thing that could be improved: Allocating beds!!! I got into an empty made bed and was woken up at 3am- I'd accidentally taken someone elses!

Stone Hotel & Hostel, Utrecht, Netherlands
10th Jun 2013

Really lovely place to stay- I'll definitely be returning next time I'm in Utrecht. Friendly staff, a clean kitchen and a bus stop, supermarket and lovely cafe (Bagels and Beans) just down the road. :)

Jacobs Inn, Dublin, Ireland
18th May 2013

Really lovely friendly staff and good security system. I'd definitely come again. Only complaint is that the kitchen had a horrible smell of eggs. It was clean and tidy, so this wasn't due to neglect, so it may be an idea to get it looked at?

Soul Inn B&B and Apartments, Delft, Netherlands
20th Oct 2012

Had a fantastic stay at the Soul Inn! Fun decor, great breakfast, and I can't wait to come back. Staff member on arrival seemed a little abrupt but the lady working in the morning was lovely.

Pfefferbett Hostel, Berlin, Germany
14th Oct 2012

Great hostel- lovely friendly staff who helped me out greatly! On the whole, very clean but I found many of a previous guest's hairs in my bed- ew!!! Check out Impala cafe on the corner. :)

Generator Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
10th Oct 2012

Lovely comfy beds, personal power sockets and right opposite the main station! Only bad point is no internet in the rooms.

NY Moore Hostel, New York, USA
6.3
5th Sep 2012

Good: Amazing rooms- double beds, ensuite bathroom, sofas and lockers Not so good: Quite far from the centre of the action, very expensive (but then all hostels are expensive in New York)

M Montreal, Montreal, Canada
29th Aug 2012

Fantastic hostel- I wish I could have stayed longer! Comfy beds, friendly staff, very very clean, not horribly noisy, free coffee (!!!) and excellent location. Small suggestion: Maybe put cereal out for those of us who can't eat bread/croissants etc ;) I can't wait to come back!!

Abrahams Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
7.7
15th Jun 2012

Great location, nice staff and a snack machine :) The lockers are extortionately priced, which is why I won't be staying here again but I recommend Abraham House if you only have a backpack.

SoBo House Brighton, Brighton, England
4.9
16th Mar 2012

My stay was mostly unpleasant due to smelly people (and despite my earplugs, deafening snorers) I roomed with. I was also woken up by two people having an argument outside my door. The staff were nice, and able to help me store my luggage but though the lounge is great, the kitchen and showers are filthy! I tried to wipe the floor for other people after my shower and the tissues came away black!! I would also have signposts to the showers/toilets as I (and two other guests I met) got lost.

Hi Faith, oh dear we are really disappointed that you experienced a few downers whilst with us Let�s begin with your room mates � booking the cheapest dorm on busy weekends has its advantages and sometimes a few disadvantages � smelly snorers whilst we sympathise are well and truly beyond our control We do have a fantastic new lounge and we thank you for acknowledging this Our kitchens and washrooms are very modern however even the most modern facilities can look terrible if they are not clean and I�m afraid that can occur in minutes We have a great team of housekeepers all carrying walkie talkies and we also have comprehensive CCTV � we like to be in full control and know what�s going on at all times � we can deal with issues as and when they arise so long as the information filters through and sometimes we do rely on guests to help and notices in loos and kitchens encourage guests to let us know when things are not perfect Internal signs � we are just in the process of having more fitted Thanks for the comments and we hope we have helped salve any concerns readers may have having read about your experience with us Finally we are really please you rated staff highly � we really appreciate that Regards and best wishes, SoBo House

Globe Backpackers Exeter, Exeter, England
7th Mar 2012

I had a great stay at Globe Backpackers- I was looking for somewhere quiet to sleep (NOT a party hostel) and found it here. The staff were lovely even when I had to check out a little earlier than planned, the bathrooms were the cleanest hostel bathrooms I have ever seen and I would definitely stay here again. I do wish there were lockers in the rooms though, and if you are looking for a party hostel, this is not it.

St Christopher's Camden, London, England
26th Jan 2012

I only stayed at St Christopher's for one night but it was a good night and I was very impressed with the security. The breakfast area was a bit sticky/crumby in the morning but then I had arrived at the last possible second. ;) The bar from downstairs is a bit loud so I wouldn't recommend staying if you need an early start but if you're happy to go with the flow, it's a good place to hang out at night.

Shelter Jordan, Amsterdam, Netherlands
28th Oct 2011

Fantastic place to stay- friendly staff, a short walk into town and very near to a tram stop that takes you to Centraal Station. Yummy dinner for only five Euros as well! The only problem I had was the Big Brother style internet censoring on certain (harmless) websites and even some of my e-mails(!!) Trust your guests- we may surprise you! ;)

EastSeven Berlin Hostel, Berlin, Germany
9.0
8th Oct 2011

Great location- metro and Lidl nearby and very clean (yay)! I'd recommend this hostel for these reasons and many more. However, a walking tour overran by almost two hours. (Normally, this would be a bonus but I had a train to catch). When I enquired at the desk (very upset and very late), the staff member told me the tours are up to three hours longer than advertised but could not understand why I felt this should be mentioned beforehand!! Was told to "just leave early", which missed the point.

City Backpackers Hostel, Stockholm, Sweden
3rd Oct 2011

Fantastic staff, went out of their way to help me if I needed help and a very clean kitchen. Free pasta too! Lockers, codes to get into the doors- great security.

YHA Stratford upon Avon, Stratford-upon-Avon, England
6.7
3rd Sep 2011

I enjoyed staying here- the staff were lovely, the rooms and bathrooms wwere very clean, and there were vending machines for when I got the munchies! The walk into town is over an hour and lovely on a nice day but I wouldn't want to attempt it in the rain! #Also, I think it is a bit out of order to list the discounted price for YHA members on this site, instead of the full rate. While it is only a £3 difference, I'd have liked to know the correct price when I booked.

Caledonian Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
24th Jul 2011

Without a doubt one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Lovely people, great chill-out rooms, artwork everywhere and right next to the castle and some amazing foodie places. It was clean, with lots of bathrooms and lockers big enough to even store my ridiculously huge case!! The free wi-fi is a huge bonus too as I was on a working trip.

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
20th Jul 2011

I (for once) had a great nights sleep in a hostel here! The bar was closed for refurbishment and sadly the communal room had a bit of a "tumbleweed" vibe but the staff were really friendly, VERY prompt when getting rid of a psycho in the dorm ("you put water in my cream, girrrrl!") and even put on an acoustic show in place of the bar entertainment. I'd definitely stay here again :D

Vagabonds, Belfast, Northern Ireland
7th Sep 2010

This place is fantastic! I stayed for one night and wish I could have been there for the whole week. There was a great community atmosphere and everyone was really friendly.

• England,
Birmingham Central Backpackers, Birmingham, England
9.0
21st Jul 2010

I'd come to Birmingham just to stay here! :) I've stayed a couple of times now and find everyone helpful and friendly and the beds comfy!

• England,
27th Jun 2009

I needed a "crash pad" for one night and managed to get a place in a female-only dorm very cheaply and at short notice. The place is clean, with a great common room, showers and breakfast too! I was a bit worried about security but everything was fine. It was a shame I hardly got any sleep due to the heatwave but overall, I was really impressed and I'd definitely stay here again!