Reviews: morriselhs6576

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 28

Fulano Backpackers

Bogota, Colombia

Great place. Brand new and a very chill vibe. Great ownership and super friendly staff. I'll stay there again on my way back through Bogota.

• 18th Dec 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hostel Mostel Veliko Tarnovo

Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria

Not sure if there's a better hostel in Bulgaria. I booked three nights, and I ended up staying 5. Could have been even longer if I didn't have to go home. Great town, great common area and facilities, and some of the best backpackers that you're likely to meet on your travels. Also, the staff was amazingly friendly (thanks 'Todd' , Andy, Alex), and Andy's UFO tour is not to be missed. Cheap beer, water and soda at the hostel just take it a step further. Loved this place!

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Overall I felt like it was a fairly decent place. Good common area, great that they had breakfast and dinner included, but the room that I was staying in (the big dorm in the attic) was a sweatbox. There was just no air moving there, and no attempt to provide fans or anything else. I'm sure it's a case of getting what you pay for, but it's probably a better idea to upgrade if you're staying there.

Duygu Pension

Fethiye, Turkey

Birol was a fantastic host and really wanted to make sure that everything we did in town went perfectly. The room was neat and the breakfast was wonderful. Only spent one night there, but it was a good one, and it's easy to recommend the place, even if it is a bit out of the way.

• 22nd Jul 2013

Rapunzel

Istanbul, Turkey

A great little place centrally located in Istanbul, it's an easy walk to just about anything and the staff couldn't be nicer. They'll help with everything you need. Plus, the rooftop terrace is a huge bonus, and a great place to have a few beers as the sun goes down.

• 20th Jul 2013

Sabah Pansiyon

Antalya, Turkey

CHarming staff that was very helpful, great breakfast and a wonderful room with some of the best air conditioning you'll ever find in a scorching hot city like Antalya. Location was great, right in the heart of the old town, and the other travelers were friendly. Definitely not a party place, but a relaxing well kept place to spend the night. I'd recommend it every time!

• 12th Jul 2013

Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

The girl that I'm traveling with ran into a nasty case of bedbugs here...so be warned. If it wasn't for that, things were good there. Great location, comfortable beds when they're infestation free and a nice pool. Good breakfast as well and super private-feel to the rooms. If you're reading this Artemis...check the beds. I'm sure others would appreciate it.

• 10th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Couldn't have asked for a better hostel or a better staff. Breakfast was great, rooms were clean and well kept and the people were friendly and accommodating. This was a great little place, and one that I'd recommend to anyone headed through Cappadoccia.

• 7th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

An amazing hostel with a friendly, accommodating staff, great rooms and an awesome pool. Enough said.

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Decent place but nothing truly special. I was fine on my own there and enjoyed the place for the most part, but one of the girls I ended up traveling with was consistently harassed by the staff to book tours, make plans etc...and she just found it all overwhelming. The room was great and the beds were nice, but everything else was just okay. I sort of think that there are probably better options overall in Istanbul

• 3rd Jul 2013

Hostel Internacional Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

Great place a little off the beaten track in Mendoza. Super helpful staff, comfy beds and hot showers. Overall, it was one of our better stays in Argentina.

Che Lagarto Hostel Calafate

El Calafate, Argentina

For a tiny little hostel (only 14 beds) we had a ton of fun here. It's right by the bus station, and a little out of the center of town, but it was a great place to stay and the ownership was fantastic. Really good showers too.

La Comarca Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Antarctica Hostel

Ushuaia, Argentina

Antarctica Hostel

Ushuaia, Argentina

Wonderful hostel with a great staff and a lot of common area facilities. We drank plenty of their cheap wine, and had a great time overall in a super laid-back environment. Rooms seem to be very in-demand though, so book in advance! I tried to get in after a 2 day hike and came back to find it full...

• 15th Dec 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great place, friendly staff. It's in a perfect location near the river and a couple little impromptu markets that pop up in the mornings. Lockers in the dorm were nice, and even the 12 person dorm was plenty big. Each bed even had individual fans, which was a good touch. It's a place worth staying in PP!

Everythang

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

There isn't enough space here to say all the great things that I could about Everything is Everything. Ownership, meals, ambiance and other travelers there were as good as it gets. Seriously, I could blather on more about how great it was, but that's all you need to know. Better than you can imagine if you want a low-key, low-frills spot on a super-chill beach.

Chhaya Hotel

Battambang, Cambodia

Overall, my least impressive hostel of the trip. Staff was more interested in whatever soap opera was on tv than helping you out. There was only one shared key for the dorm, so privacy and safety wasn't outstanding, and overall the place just didn't have the kind of common areas for hanging out that one would think would be part of a place that has dorms. So, not the best place, but not really sure how it compares to the rest of the options in Battambang, and for $2, who cares.

Siem Reap Holiday Garden

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Place was very well run by a friendly staff led by Paul, a great Aussie who was always up for a good morning conversation over a cup of coffee. Dorm was comfy and beds were made each day. Not a ton of people mingling in common areas, so meeting others there was a little tough, but those in the 6 bed dorm all got pretty friendly and traveled around together. Overall, an impressive stay. Compared to others in the town, it seems like SRHGV was well above average.

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

Away from the crowds of Bros and idiots that seem to flock to Vang Vieng, Pan's was a great place to escape and enjoy the REAL town. The staff was amazing, the food and drink were great and fairly inexpensive, and the rooms were perfect. Overall, a wonderful hostel with wonderful people.

• 17th Jul 2012

Xayana Guesthouse

Luang Prabang, Laos

• 14th Jul 2012

Baanrimtaling Home Stay

Chiang Khong, Thailand

Can't say enough good things about Maleewan and the others at Baanrimtaling. The place was immaculate. One of my most unfortunate events on this trip has been only having one night to stay there. Wish I had more time with those amazing people. Thanks for everything!

• 11th Jul 2012

Deejai Backpacker

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I cannot say enough good things about my time at DeeJai. Great people traveling there, great staff, great location, super cheap. Might literally be the perfect hostel. Just go.

• 8th Jul 2012

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Good place overall. Tucked down a side street a little so you avoid the madness that is Bangkok, and that was really nice sometimes. Near most of the things that you really want to see too. The rooms were very nice, and everything was really clean. A little expensive by Thai standards maybe, but overall I think that you got what you paid for.

• 5th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you very much for the reivew and understanding our hostel's character.We are glad that you enjoyed our cultural spot location too .Hope to welcome you next time!

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Best hostel I found in Edinburgh. Had a great night there before leaving for the airport. Won some money and beers at the billiards tournament too, so not bad. The all-you-can-eat pizza thing was a great way to get people together as well, and for an 18 bed dorm, my room was surprisingly quiet all night. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Fort William Backpackers

Fort William, Scotland

Great place overall. The staff was so friendly, and were quick to recommend wonderful walks in the hills and show us how to get to some places that I wouldn't have otherwise known. Tons of great travelers made it a cool atmosphere and everyone got along really well. If I ever end up back in Ft. William, I know where I'll stay.

Castle Rock Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Place was HUGE, but not so large to be totally impersonal. Most staff was great, but a few seemed to care less. Internet was a bit spotty too, but I shouldn't be on there anyway so who cares. Overall it was a really positive experience, and I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

From everything that I've seen and read (and now experienced) this is the best spot in Banos. Just go there. There is nothing about this hostel that is not first rate. The staff, facilities and character of this place are pretty much unrivaled for the price that you're going to expect to pay. -Mike mikemo.zenfolio.com

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

I stayed here for a total of 5 nights on my trip. From the very first moment to the last minute I was there, I was constantly impressed by the hostel itself and its wonderful volunteer staff. The rooftop terrace provides amazing views of the local area and serves as a great meeting point. The dorm beds were comfy and most of the time it was pretty quiet and sleep came easy. I'd go back in a heartbeat. Shout out to Jack, Marta, Jemima and Alex from Secret Garden! -Mike mikemo.zenfolio.com