YHA Napier, Napier, New Zealand
6.9
13th Mar 2013

Nice hostel, but when I asked about ways to get around, the lady at the front desk was incorrect, which almost cost me visiting mission estate winery. Amenities are expensive, but it's right across from the marine parade, and it's a lovely location. Would stay there again for the price.

Blarneys Rock Backpackers, Rotorua, New Zealand
11th Mar 2013

Super clean, the staff is wonderful and helpful, and the place is conducive to people meeting one another and making friends. The owners actually live there, so have a vested interest in keeping the place nice, and they are chill and relaxed...you don't feel like you're staying with your mom and dad. The only downside is that there are no lockers, but the owners were happy to lock my bag behind the counter if I asked them to. Would absolutely stay there again, and you should too!

7.4
9th Mar 2013

The staff were really friendly and helpful - both in finding things to do and in generally helping out - they even plugged in my ipod for me when it died. The activities like movie night brought people together, and free internet and a large kitchen space were nice perks. The hostel is very basic, but totally adequate - good location and nice people. I'd stay here again (and I am picky!)

• USA,
6.3
13th Jul 2009

I loved the location - right in the heart of Montmartre, close to transportation into the city center. Most of the staff was nice, but the night guard was kind of a jerk. They get mad if you're late for curfew, so be in by 2am!