Reviews: marsharmalcolm

Location: Australia, Age: 26

Kim's House in Busan

Busan, South Korea

Kim's House is an excellent hostel choice for traveling in Busan. It is in a quiet area but is close to restaurants and cafes. It is close to the subway, centrally located, and easy to find. For the price the dorms are very comfortable. The beds are also much more comfortable than most Korean beds. Kim keeps the hostrl clean and inviting- I would stay here again!

• 3rd Oct 2014

BnB Busan Guesthouse Hostel

Busan, South Korea

Our stay at the BnB Busan Guesthouse was excellent. The host, Yoon, was very kind and considerate. He even made us breakfast in the morning! He also recommended some attractions that I wouldn't have considered otherwise that turned out to be excellent. This is hands down the CLEANEST hostel I have ever been to. There was only one shared bathroom, but the shower was excellent. The beds were typically Korean (a bit hard) but the rooms were comfortable and extra blankets helped. Great value!

• 5th Jun 2014

Mr.Egg Hostel Original

Busan, South Korea

I stayed in a private room with my mother. The room was cozy, but we both had what we needed. The beds were typically Korean (a bit hard) but not completely uncomfortable. All facilities worked great. Staff was helpful. The location is great for exploring Haeundae, the beach, and newer parts of the city, but for other locations and attractions in the city it is a bit far away.

• 19th Sep 2013

This hostel was in a convenient location by a JR Station and a subway station. Directions to door could be better. The staff was excellent, extremely friendly and helpful. If you are visiting Japan in Summer, though, get a room with AC. The rooms don't ventilate very well and even with the window open an fan on it was too hot. The rooms could use a coat of paint, too- the interior of my room and hall seemed vaguely asylum-y. But, for a cheap place to dump your stuff and sleep, it works.

Guest House Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

I really enjoyed my stay at the Guest House Kyoto. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the free tea, coffee, and shower necessities were a nice touch. The AC wasn't quite strong enough to adequately cool our 7 person dorm so it was a little warm in our room. The pillows were also a bit funny. I've paid less and gotten more in exchange in other countries, but for Japan and Kyoto this hostel was reasonable, clean, fairly convenient, and overall a nice place to stay.

Rio Nature Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I really enjoyed my stay at Rio Nature Hostel. It was beautiful! You would pay so much for a view like theirs in a hotel! We stayed in the 12 person dorm and had plenty of space, although it got a bit hot at night. Also more bathrooms would be nice. But brekkie, kitchen, internet, showers, staff, location, and balcony were all excellent. Can't go wrong here at only R$25/night!

• 26th Mar 2012

Curitiba Backpackers Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

I really enjoyed my stay at Curitiba Backpackers. I thought the value was superb for the price. The beds were much nicer than any of the other hostels I've stayed at in South America, and the breakfast was modest but very tasty. The 24 hr tea was also nice :) Additionally, I found the staff to be extremely eager to help, providing good information and activities to do in the city. They all had a welcoming attitude, which made us feel part of a homey albeit temporary community.

• 15th Mar 2012