Reviews: marsharmalcolm

Location Australia, Age 28

Art Hole Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
7.7
28th Mar 2016

This was definitely a fair, inexpensive place to stay in Prague. I had two main issues with the place. First, I was on the main floor and right off the lobby, so it was very LOUD. I had a hard time sleeping, even with ear plugs! The second thing which also contributed to poor sleep was the bed. Some beds had two mattresses, but others had only one. I was unfortunately set on a bed with only one, and I could really feel the bars of the bed digging into me.

Jacques Brel Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
21st Feb 2016

I enjoyed my stay here. The place was quiet and the beds fairly comfortable. The breakfast was great. It was nice to have a shower in the room, but the toilets in the hall were kind of strange. The biggest inconvenience was you cannot connect to wifi in the rooms. First and second floor in the breakfast room were the only places I could connect. The location is also a little far from the center if you plan on walking everywhere as I do, but not unmanageable.

Crafoord Place, Stockholm, Sweden
21st Mar 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Crafoord Place. The luggage drop was convenient for an early arrival, and the distance from Central Station made it a good location for exploring the city and getting back to the airport. My room was very clean, and the hostel was quiet and considerate. I never had to wait for the two showers on the main floor, although one of them was a little funky so the one by the kitchen was preferred. The complimentary pasta was nice, and the kitchen a great place for chatting.

Thank You! Ingrid and staff

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
Busan Lzone Hostel, Busan, South Korea
27th Dec 2014

I thought Lzone hostel was a good deal. The staff was very friendly. The bathroom was not the cleanest when we arrived, but it was cleaned thoroughly the next day. The welcome packages were a nice touch, and even though the towel was tiny it was absorbent enough and did the job (I'd forgotten my towel). The beds were typically Korean- very hard. Be prepared to wake up need yoga in the middle of the night. The check in was a little difficult to find, but overall my stay was great. I'd recommend!

Kim's House in Busan, Busan, South Korea
3rd Oct 2014

Kim's House is an excellent hostel choice for traveling in Busan. It is in a quiet area but is close to restaurants and cafes. It is close to the subway, centrally located, and easy to find. For the price the dorms are very comfortable. The beds are also much more comfortable than most Korean beds. Kim keeps the hostrl clean and inviting- I would stay here again!

Homo Nomad Hostel, Gyeong-ju, South Korea
8th Sep 2014

I enjoyed my stay in this unique hostel. The staff was very kind and the rooms were comfortable. It might be a little intimidating to try and find if you haven't lived in Korea for a while, as I imagine most would take the bus (a little far to walk from the local train station).

BnB Busan Guesthouse Hostel, Busan, South Korea
5th Jun 2014

Our stay at the BnB Busan Guesthouse was excellent. The host, Yoon, was very kind and considerate. He even made us breakfast in the morning! He also recommended some attractions that I wouldn't have considered otherwise that turned out to be excellent. This is hands down the CLEANEST hostel I have ever been to. There was only one shared bathroom, but the shower was excellent. The beds were typically Korean (a bit hard) but the rooms were comfortable and extra blankets helped. Great value!

Mr.Egg Hostel Original, Busan, South Korea
19th Sep 2013

I stayed in a private room with my mother. The room was cozy, but we both had what we needed. The beds were typically Korean (a bit hard) but not completely uncomfortable. All facilities worked great. Staff was helpful. The location is great for exploring Haeundae, the beach, and newer parts of the city, but for other locations and attractions in the city it is a bit far away.

6.6
17th Aug 2013

This hostel was in a convenient location by a JR Station and a subway station. Directions to door could be better. The staff was excellent, extremely friendly and helpful. If you are visiting Japan in Summer, though, get a room with AC. The rooms don't ventilate very well and even with the window open an fan on it was too hot. The rooms could use a coat of paint, too- the interior of my room and hall seemed vaguely asylum-y. But, for a cheap place to dump your stuff and sleep, it works.

Guest House Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
13th Aug 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Guest House Kyoto. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the free tea, coffee, and shower necessities were a nice touch. The AC wasn't quite strong enough to adequately cool our 7 person dorm so it was a little warm in our room. The pillows were also a bit funny. I've paid less and gotten more in exchange in other countries, but for Japan and Kyoto this hostel was reasonable, clean, fairly convenient, and overall a nice place to stay.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Rio Nature Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
26th Mar 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Rio Nature Hostel. It was beautiful! You would pay so much for a view like theirs in a hotel! We stayed in the 12 person dorm and had plenty of space, although it got a bit hot at night. Also more bathrooms would be nice. But brekkie, kitchen, internet, showers, staff, location, and balcony were all excellent. Can't go wrong here at only R$25/night!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
Curitiba Backpackers Hostel, Curitiba, Brazil
15th Mar 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at Curitiba Backpackers. I thought the value was superb for the price. The beds were much nicer than any of the other hostels I've stayed at in South America, and the breakfast was modest but very tasty. The 24 hr tea was also nice :) Additionally, I found the staff to be extremely eager to help, providing good information and activities to do in the city. They all had a welcoming attitude, which made us feel part of a homey albeit temporary community.