Reviews: kathrynezra5208

Comfy mattress, friendly

• 4th Sep 2014

Wicked Hostels - Calgary

Calgary, Canada

Love the free laundry system, great wifi. Very comfy mattress. Location is close to 4th St & its activities but I found it very sketchy walking right around the hostel at 9:30pm on a Saturday night.

• 30th Aug 2014

Itinere Hostel

Granada, Spain

I booked a 6 bed dorm and was the only person in the room which was GREAT!! Good bathrooms, comfy beds, great wifi. Easy 25 min walk to bus station

• 27th Aug 2014

Le Penguin Hostel

Faro, Portugal

This is a great hostel but what makes it so special are the staff. They're a fun group who are just as happy to help you with suggestions as with going out for a night of karaoke. Another nice perk are the 5€ homemade dinners (including vegetarian!).

• 17th Aug 2014

Target Hostel

Zakopane, Poland

Acceptable but nothing great. 10 bed dorm cramped & very stuffy overnight. Kitchen small & awkward to use if more than 1 or 2 people there. Staff were nothing special. Decent wifi. Great location, few minutes to walk to the bus station & nice/short walk to town center, supermarket, etc. common room with pool table, TV, books, & board games.

• 7th Aug 2014

Atlantis Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Great location. Some staff were super, others were a bit grumpy. Spacious rooms (stayed in a 6

• 4th Aug 2014

San Fermin

San Sebastian, Spain

Woman at the front desk was super helpful, she even printed my boarding pass hours after I'd checked out. Central location but be aware it might be noisy outside if you're on a lower floor and trying to sleep. Really nice en suite bathroom. I recommend!

• 1st Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so much Kathryn! We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us. We hope to host you next time as well. Kinds Regards!

Sidsmums Travellers Retreat

Carcassonne, France

Easy to reach from Carcassonne by bus or they'll pick you up. The owner

• 21st Jul 2014

Le Cirque Hostel

Lille, France

I really liked that each bunk was like a very small room

• 8th Jul 2014

Equity Point Girona

Girona, Spain

Superb location, close to train/bus station and in a good spot in town. Rooftop terrace has great views. I met a lot of fun backpackers here to hang out with! Staff were great. Bed was comfy and there were lockers in the room. I would absolutely stay here again!

• 15th Jun 2014

Annecy Hostel

Annecy, France

Friendly & helpful staff. Location is good--out of the old town which means it's quiet and just 10 mins to old town & 15-20 minutes to bus/train station. Gorgeous back yard, really nice to hang out there. It is the only hostel in town but it's very decent.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Very impressed! Staff were fantastic: helpful & friendly! Great location. Was upgraded to a 4 bed dorm for no charge. Room was spacious & comfy bed. Good kitchen and the free tea, hot chocolate, & coffee were appreciated in the chilly Irish rain! Free &/or social activities most (all?) nights. Great wifi though it only sometimes reached my bedroom. They printed my airline ticket for free. Would definitely stay here again!

• 11th May 2014

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Great location, good mattress, good wifi, free tea coffee hit chocolate all day. Kitchen is small for cooking a full meal but enough for heating up soup. En suite bathroom could use a stronger fan to reduce mold, but otherwise clean. My second time staying here, would stay again

• 28th Apr 2014

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

2nd time staying here: great location, spacious dorms. Wifi was a bit unreliable this time and wish the lounge stayed open past 11pm.

• 25th Apr 2014

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, central to the train station & the entire city. Staff was really friendly. It's a Christian hostel but no one pressured me or ever made me feel uncomfortable. Great wifi. I was in a big dorm and the room's door didn't have a lock but it is very secure to enter the hostel. Bathroom was cleaned twice a day, but a few of the guests seemed to spread a lot of water on the counters, otherwise it was very clean. I also stayed in a different hostel in the city and much preferred Shelter.

• 21st Apr 2014

Perfect Hostel

Paris, France

Very convenient location, could walk to Sacre Coeur in 5 mins, Champs Élysées in 30 mins, lots of bakeries

• 10th Apr 2014

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Adequate but not special. CONS: Apparently the kitchen and common room close at 11pm when reception closes. No one told me this so they tried to throw me out at 10:58 when I was having a snack after the movies. Hand soap containers were both empty so when I asked the receptionist for it to be refilled, he gave a half hearted look and and handed me an individual, mini bar of soap. PROS: Dorm room was spacious and I had my own locker. Walking distance to central

• 4th Apr 2014

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

One of the absolute best hostels I've stayed in after 3 years of round-the-world travels. Beautifully clean, bright, and spacious in the dorm room & lobby. The British guys who own the place have created a genuinely friendly atmosphere where backpackers freely chat with each other and staff are happy to answer all questions and help you plan your time in Sevilla. I'd definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Los Amigos Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Bright and spacious in the dorm room. A nice kitchen for cooking and a decent breakfast with muesli and cereals, toast, etc. Great wifi. I'd stay here again.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Staff seemed impatient, annoyed, or disinterested in helping me, so I only went to them for checking in & out. There was no record of me paying a key deposit upon check in, but the woman eventually refunded me. Not very many bathrooms and most had both a toilet & shower, so it was a problem if I had to pee and someone was taking a long shower. Minimal equipment in the kitchen for cooking. Party hostel. Good location & wifi. Not the worst hostel, but I would definitely try elsewhere first.

• 29th Mar 2014

Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

Staff were very friendly and helpful (they let me print and scan a bunch of pages for free). Dorm room was clean but bathrooms are dated and feel a bit tired and stale. I later stayed at a different Malaga hostel hostel (forgot the name) but I'd pick Feel Soho Malaga again any day.

• 17th Mar 2014

Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

Incredible location. Because I stayed for 9 nights, they gave me the dorm bed that was most private. Free breakfast was simple but nice (even fruit!). Free snacks &/or wine nightly. Wifi in the lounge was good. Not many bathrooms but I was out very early so not a big problem. Only hesitation: my friend joined me for a few nights and she had a few itchy bites she thought were fleas. No one else seemed to have this so maybe it was the hostel, maybe it wasn't...?

• 20th Sep 2013

Freedom Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

This is a GREAT hostel! The facilities are excellent: clean bathrooms, wifi, A/C, comfy beds, breakfast. But what makes Freedom Hostel special is the staff! They are so friendly and helpful! They sincerely want their guests to enjoy their time in Cairo & all of Egypt. We booked day trips to the Giza pyramids & to Alexandria through the hostel and both were fantastic. They let us shower well after check out so we could get on our overnight train feeling clean! I highly recommend staying here! :)

• 25th May 2013

Joan´s Hostel

San Salvador, El Salvador

Clean, quiet, good hot water, lots of cheap places to eat nearby since its a university neighborhood, and it's really easy to catch the bus to Sonsonate (for Juayua) from here.

• 15th Dec 2012

OKI's Inn

Kyoto, Japan

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Comfy bed, very clean, cozy lounge, and the owners were so friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Kyoto!

• 13th Dec 2012

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

Very helpful staff all spoke fluent English. Rooms was comfortable and clean, but the bathroom in my dorm was really tiny.

• 11th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so much for your valuable comment!! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Osaka Hana Hostel. Sorry about the bathroom situation...if you were in one of the Ensuite Dormitory rooms, you could always use common shower and toilets in Common area (3F and 7F). Wished we could explained it to you.... so sorry. We hope to see you next time : )

Each dorm bed has a sheet hung up for some added privacy, which was nice. The staff were very friendly. The ony drawback was that smoke drifted into the common room as the smoking area was directly outside from it.

• 19th Oct 2012

Friendly Gecko Guesthouse

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

It's about 30-60 minutes outside of Dar, depending on traffic, but that also means its peaceful and quiet with plenty of restaurants around. Week nights they offer dinner for 5,000 Tsh/$3 which is delicious!

• 22nd Aug 2012

HI - Chicago Hostel

Chicago, USA

El Jardin Hostal

Asuncion, Paraguay

Super clean bathrooms, cozy sitting areas in the garden, a tasty breakfast, and helpful staff!

Che Lagarto Hostel Montevideo

Montevideo, Uruguay

Wasn't impressed: lots of hair in the bathrooms which were kind of dingy anyway, loud music playing at reception for no reason, receptionist got distracted during my check in and forgot to return my passport so I was frantically looking for it before my international flight when the other receptionist knew it was still at the desk and didn't bother to tell me.

Hostal El Refugio

Pucon, Chile

My favorite hostel in Chile! Came for two nights and stayed a week. Incredible staff, perfect location, comfortable rooms, and I met the best travelers here! It honestly felt more like a family than a hostel. I cannot recommend El Refugio enough!

Backpackers San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

It's not nearly as daunting to find as the directions make it seem! You pass a fantastic fruit & veg market that I otherwise would never have found. Facilities and rooms were all comfortable. An overall decent place.

Hottest shower I've had in weeks! Beds are super cozy with heavy duty fleece sheets. Located right on the main square. Staff were very kind and helpful. Not much character, but that also goes for Uyuni itself! Standard South America breakfast of hard bread, butter & jam, and tea or coffee.

Tiger Paw Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

Pros: Helpful and friendly staff, good location. Cons: room was stuffy at night and loud music from the bar/lobby.

La Brisa Loca

Santa Marta, Colombia

Great location. Mediocre staff. Bar tenders spent a lot of time trying to be cool was my impression.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Rio Aplauso Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel is very adequate but nothing fantastic. The staff were very helpful and accomodating (I arrived at 6am and could go to my bed immediately, they helped me organized my onward bus ticket, and tried their hardest to speak English or find someone to translate when necessary). The room was clean and comfortable. There were enough showers and toilets but the bathrooms needed to be cleaned of hair a bit more often. Location is convenient enough but there isn´t much in the neighborhood.

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

One of the best I've ever stayed in worldwide! Staff are fantastic and offer free pick up from the train station. Dorms are very comfortable and spacious (each bed has a personal reading light). Location was really good--just outside the tourist center so I felt like I got to see a glimpse of everyday life looked like for locals.

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Very clean and great location. Fantastic staff, extremely helpful and pleasant who all spoke perfect English. Only downside is that there were no fans or AC in the July heat but I would definitely stay here again.

Jollyboys Backpackers