Reviews: kathrynezra5208

Perfect Hostel

Paris, France

Very convenient location, could walk to Sacre Coeur in 5 mins, Champs Élysées in 30 mins, lots of bakeries

• 10th Apr 2014

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Adequate but not special. CONS: Apparently the kitchen and common room close at 11pm when reception closes. No one told me this so they tried to throw me out at 10:58 when I was having a snack after the movies. Hand soap containers were both empty so when I asked the receptionist for it to be refilled, he gave a half hearted look and and handed me an individual, mini bar of soap. PROS: Dorm room was spacious and I had my own locker. Walking distance to central

• 4th Apr 2014

La Banda Rooftop Hostel

Seville, Spain

One of the absolute best hostels I've stayed in after 3 years of round-the-world travels. Beautifully clean, bright, and spacious in the dorm room & lobby. The British guys who own the place have created a genuinely friendly atmosphere where backpackers freely chat with each other and staff are happy to answer all questions and help you plan your time in Sevilla. I'd definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Bright and spacious in the dorm room. A nice kitchen for cooking and a decent breakfast with muesli and cereals, toast, etc. Great wifi. I'd stay here again.

• 31st Mar 2014

Feel Hostels Soho Malaga

Malaga, Spain

Staff were very friendly and helpful (they let me print and scan a bunch of pages for free). Dorm room was clean but bathrooms are dated and feel a bit tired and stale. I later stayed at a different Malaga hostel hostel (forgot the name) but I'd pick Feel Soho Malaga again any day.

• 17th Mar 2014

Freedom Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

This is a GREAT hostel! The facilities are excellent: clean bathrooms, wifi, A/C, comfy beds, breakfast. But what makes Freedom Hostel special is the staff! They are so friendly and helpful! They sincerely want their guests to enjoy their time in Cairo & all of Egypt. We booked day trips to the Giza pyramids & to Alexandria through the hostel and both were fantastic. They let us shower well after check out so we could get on our overnight train feeling clean! I highly recommend staying here! :)

• 25th May 2013

Joan´s Hostel

San Salvador, El Salvador

Clean, quiet, good hot water, lots of cheap places to eat nearby since its a university neighborhood, and it's really easy to catch the bus to Sonsonate (for Juayua) from here.

• 15th Dec 2012

OKI's Inn

Kyoto, Japan

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Comfy bed, very clean, cozy lounge, and the owners were so friendly and helpful. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Kyoto!

• 13th Dec 2012

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

Very helpful staff all spoke fluent English. Rooms was comfortable and clean, but the bathroom in my dorm was really tiny.

• 11th Dec 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so much for your valuable comment!! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Osaka Hana Hostel. Sorry about the bathroom situation...if you were in one of the Ensuite Dormitory rooms, you could always use common shower and toilets in Common area (3F and 7F). Wished we could explained it to you.... so sorry. We hope to see you next time : )

Each dorm bed has a sheet hung up for some added privacy, which was nice. The staff were very friendly. The ony drawback was that smoke drifted into the common room as the smoking area was directly outside from it.

• 19th Oct 2012

Friendly Gecko Guesthouse

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

It's about 30-60 minutes outside of Dar, depending on traffic, but that also means its peaceful and quiet with plenty of restaurants around. Week nights they offer dinner for 5,000 Tsh/$3 which is delicious!

• 22nd Aug 2012

H.I. Chicago Hostel

Chicago, USA

El Jardin Hostal

Asuncion, Paraguay

Super clean bathrooms, cozy sitting areas in the garden, a tasty breakfast, and helpful staff!

Che Lagarto Hostel Montevideo

Montevideo, Uruguay

Wasn't impressed: lots of hair in the bathrooms which were kind of dingy anyway, loud music playing at reception for no reason, receptionist got distracted during my check in and forgot to return my passport so I was frantically looking for it before my international flight when the other receptionist knew it was still at the desk and didn't bother to tell me.

Hostal El Refugio

Pucon, Chile

My favorite hostel in Chile! Came for two nights and stayed a week. Incredible staff, perfect location, comfortable rooms, and I met the best travelers here! It honestly felt more like a family than a hostel. I cannot recommend El Refugio enough!

Backpackers San Pedro

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

It's not nearly as daunting to find as the directions make it seem! You pass a fantastic fruit & veg market that I otherwise would never have found. Facilities and rooms were all comfortable. An overall decent place.

Hottest shower I've had in weeks! Beds are super cozy with heavy duty fleece sheets. Located right on the main square. Staff were very kind and helpful. Not much character, but that also goes for Uyuni itself! Standard South America breakfast of hard bread, butter & jam, and tea or coffee.

Tiger Paw Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

Pros: Helpful and friendly staff, good location. Cons: room was stuffy at night and loud music from the bar/lobby.

La Brisa Loca

Santa Marta, Colombia

Great location. Mediocre staff. Bar tenders spent a lot of time trying to be cool was my impression.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Rio Aplauso Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This hostel is very adequate but nothing fantastic. The staff were very helpful and accomodating (I arrived at 6am and could go to my bed immediately, they helped me organized my onward bus ticket, and tried their hardest to speak English or find someone to translate when necessary). The room was clean and comfortable. There were enough showers and toilets but the bathrooms needed to be cleaned of hair a bit more often. Location is convenient enough but there isn´t much in the neighborhood.

Hostel Majdas (former Majdas Rooms)

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

One of the best I've ever stayed in worldwide! Staff are fantastic and offer free pick up from the train station. Dorms are very comfortable and spacious (each bed has a personal reading light). Location was really good--just outside the tourist center so I felt like I got to see a glimpse of everyday life looked like for locals.

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Very clean and great location. Fantastic staff, extremely helpful and pleasant who all spoke perfect English. Only downside is that there were no fans or AC in the July heat but I would definitely stay here again.

Jollyboys Backpackers