Paris Namdemun Guesthouse, Paris, France
29th Mar 2013

I agree with most reviews I read before booking: location not ideal but staff and breakfast and dinner make up for it. I didn't think the train ride was that bad. I was happy to save a little money in Paris on lodging in exchange for riding the train a little longer. And dinner was AWESOME. Great atmosphere during/after family-style breakfast and dinner, great time to meet other travellers. As a solo traveller I was able to easily meet others to do some sight-seeing with.

Sleephere, Brussels, Belgium
25th Mar 2013

I liked my stay here. I would stay here again if in Brussells. But it is definitely more of a Bed & Breakfast than a traditional hostel. There is no where to lock up your stuff. I would recommend for slightly older (i.e. not 18) travellers travelling together, looking for a chill, well-located place to stay. Prices include breakfast which is nice. Karel gives you a good map and recommendations and has plenty of travel guides you can peruse. Thanks Karel!

Hi Melissa, Thanks for your feed-back, and thanks for informing the others in the 18 age range. I see that you, being in the age range of 31 and above, have been very happy. But I can assure your, even the 18 age and younger range are always feeling great here. I have a lot of groups of young students. They are all very happy as all the others. Do note my way of accompaning people staying at Sleephere is very much focussed on the specific needs of each one of my guests!. Karel

Jacques Brel Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
24th Mar 2013

This was a great hostel. Rooms and bathrooms were clean (I stayed in a four bed room) and spacious. I only stayed there one night (they didn't have space for my other nights) but it was right on the metro so convenient to get to sights in the city. They have a large, cafeteria style breakfast and a bar downstairs. Good value for money. I would stay there again for sure. Worth noting: if you don't have a Hostel International card you pay an extra 3 euros.

Hello, Thanks for your comment, we're glad you liked our hostel. We're 2 minutes walking from the metro/tram/bus, and 15 minutes walking from the city-center. As our hostel is part of an association, you have to be a member to sleep here. If you don't have the member-ship card you'll have to pay an extra, but in exchange we give you a member-ship card wich is valid when you've collect the 6 stamps on it. We wish you nice experiences in HI hostels. Best regards, Agathe

Transylvania Hostel, Cluj Napoca, Romania
22nd Mar 2013

Great location right in the heart of Cluj. Staff very helpful. Comfy common areas. I liked it. Would def. stay there again if I was in Cluj.

6th Mar 2013

Hostel is great, good kitchen, spacious room, clean bathrooms, great staff. But what I found really great was LOCATION. Easy walk from train station (or metro) and right in the old town. Not too far from nice ring of parks that goes around city. Stumbled across a few of the other hostels in my wandering and they didn't seem nearly as easy to get to/well located. Was so happy I chose to stay here!

2nd Mar 2013

Thought it was a great hostel. Per earlier comments, bottom bunks a little short, but the location makes up for it! Super location. Easy (albeit uphill) walk to Alhambra and the twisty turny streets of old town. Staff super helpful. Easily take bus to get there, or it is possible to walk if you are up for a 20 min. or so walk. As a solo traveler just had a good atmosphere and was able to meet other people. Thanks Oasis!

U Hostels, Madrid, Spain
27th Feb 2013

Really liked this hostel. Nice spacious, comfortable rooms. Very clean. They organize a lot of activities so ample opportunities to get to know other travellers (thanks Pablo!). Good location can easily walk to Puerta del Sol and even museums. And if your lazy or its raining, its close to Metro too.

Fabrizzio's Petit, Barcelona, Spain
26th Feb 2013

Small hostel, but liked it alot. Realized on my last day how close a walk it was to Las Ramblas. In general great location. You can easily catch metro which is around corner and get pretty much anyway. But if you are up for walking, it's not a bad walk to Sagrada Familia, Las Ramblas etc. Good kitchen. Staff were helfpul and easy going (and thankfully took care of a problem guest which was much appreciated).

Hostel Oki Doki, Warsaw, Poland
16th Feb 2013

Oki Doki has a great location! Easy walk to old town and the like. Lots of suggestions for things to do, and although I'm not a partier, I think its pretty close to some good night life spots. Had a breakfast available to purchase and a bar in the hostel. I was in a 6-person room, and just fair warning.... the bunks are really high! Thankfully I got a lower bunk. :)

EastSeven Berlin Hostel, Berlin, Germany
11th Feb 2013

I thought this hostel was GREAT. Good location, easy to get to from Shoenfeld (sp?) airport. Near a metro, but I also easily walked around to sites one day. Rooms were nice and big, good sized lockers and the hostel was probably one of the cleanest I have ever stayed at! Staff were super helpful. Big clean kitchen for those who want to cook. And 1 euro beer during happy hour. How can you go wrong? You can't! Thanks EastSeven, I've already recommended you to others during my travels

• USA,
The Kosmonaut Hostel, Lviv, Ukraine
13th Aug 2009

Great location, easy to get to, staff was nice and helpful. We booked a private room which was great. Shower was awesome Breakfast was a little crowded in the kitchen, but it was free, so really I can\'t complain. We didn\'t hang out at the hostel, so I can\'t rate it\'s \"fun\" but it seemed like a nice crowd, and mixed in term of ages which is nice considering we ourselves weren\'t spring chickens. :)