Reviews: laurapanic

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 26

If you come here with friends, then you're garunteed a great time. The location is fantastic and the bar downstairs is reasonable. If you come as a single traveller hoping to meet friends then you might find it a bit difficult. When I stayed in the dorm room people were very unfriendly as they were mostly uni students who were living in the hostel while waiting for permanent residence. And to be fair, I'd be unfriendly if I had to share such a small stuffy room with random people permanently

• 27th Sep 2013

Misfit Hostel

Mancora, Peru

Super chilled accommodation with great bungalows in dorm or private room style. Really clean and right on the beach! I stayed in the dorm here for less than a week, but could have stayed for much longer! Even though i was there for a short time, I felt like I was home. The guys make you feel really welcome and were really helpful with directions and recommendations. The hostel is so close to town, but far enough away that you aren't bothered by noise. Great food options in town too!

• 10th Sep 2013

Hey,cheers for the feedback and sorry for taking so long to reply,but you know us! Thanks for the laughs, we had most fun! Come back for game of thrones book club next year!!! Much love, the Misfits (even Olly,the autistic one! Ahah)

La Covacha Hostel

Salta, Argentina

Great hostel in a great location. It doesn't have a proper communal living area aside from the kitchen but that didn't stop us having a few parties in the basement and a chill out barbeque on the roof. The lack of 'living space' is made up for by the great, lively attitude of Diego. If you're staying in the area a little while, I recommend horse riding!

• 6th Aug 2013

Favela Chic Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Favela chic - by far the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed at! The location is fantastic, only a short bus ride to the waterfalls. There is a supermarket very close and lots of little bars and places to eat near by. Nick and Eddie were so friendly and helpful during my stay which is always appreciated! Absolutely nothing to complain about, hope to come back soon!

• 2nd Aug 2013

Casa Azul Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

Great hostel in a coo location. I rated poor for staff as i simply never saw them and the hostel and bar seem totally separate. The hostel's atmosphere is good as there is a large communal area on the roof. If i came to PoA again I'd check this place out again.

• 30th Jul 2013

Pax Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I really enjoyed my time at Pax hostel. The staff were helpful and really friendly! Very easy to meet friends here because of the bar area which has some fun nights on too. Liked the area, and it's really close to the metro station. I recommend this place to everyone.

• 23rd Jul 2013

Maison De Julie

Rome, Italy

perfect location, perfect facilities and perfect staff! if you were to stay in a hotel in london of this standard, and in a location as good as this then you'd be paying at least four times the amount... all the best sights are all within a 20 minute walk (colosseum only 10 minutes away!) and for everything else there are four metro stations extremely close by. i come to rome at least once a year and i'll definitely go back to maison de julie. i cannot recommend this place enough!

• 10th Nov 2012