Reviews: ikew2012

Melbourne, Australia

goo location as ever

Sydney Central YHA

Sydney, Australia

second time here. Best location.

Sanlitun Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

A bit far from station and real SANLITUN area. But for the money I paid, I have no complaints at all. Would like to recommend to my friends.

Thank you, hope to see u next time. Regards

great locatiuon with great staff. I have no complaints. If there is something, maybe the showe ficility can be improved as it really lack ot privacy.

HI - Boston Hostel

Boston, USA

extremely clean hostel. right next to the underground station. There is staff member called Aaron helped me a lot when I checked it. It's a good hostel in Boston.

When I checked out, I asked a bald staff member how to go to the airport (BART is out of service), and he said he was on "lunch break and could not help me" A negtive rating from me for this hostel.

Qi, We are so very sorry for any negative experience you may have had with one of our front desk agents. It's unfortunate you felt you didn't receive the customer service and care that we strive to provide to every guest that walk through our doors. We hope you'll let us provide that care and service for you the next time you're in San Francisco.

Chicago Getaway Hostel

Chicago, USA

Very generous spacious common area, I have only seen similar hostels in Germany. Very close to train station and trader joe's. friendly and helpful staff. clean room and toilets. I have no complaints to anything.

Greetings, Thank you for reviewing the Getaway. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, see you next time! Cheers, Jason Schultz Assistant Manager

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Very small common area. So many many rules. I like the black girl in the reception, very nice. And I don't like the guy called Mark.

Duo Housing Los Angeles

Los Angeles, USA

Quite a cheap hostel, right in Koreantown, kind of a sage neighbourhood, about 20 minutes walk to the train station and shopping centre. No key needed in the hostel, kind of weried management. Both my friend and I found the bed was occupied by others when I am back to the hostel. Most people come here for one night, beware of the strange people you might meet. Credit card has been charged 3 days before check in, no more payment is needed when actually arrived in the hostel.

Backpackers INSIDE

Seoul, South Korea

The receptionist Mia is really nice and I enjoyed the stay in this good location hostel.

Backpacker's Home

Jeju Island, South Korea

Next to airport bus terminal. 15 minutes walk to bus terminal for long distance buses. Staff are nice: the boy in the evening doesn't speak English but very helpful, the girl in the cafe and the French tour guide is also nice. Good free breakfast, and I could fry my eggs.

TEN Backpackers Osaka

Osaka, Japan

Japanese style bedroom without beds, also less privacy. But the girl receptionist was really nice and almost told me everything I need when I checked in. Only five minutes walk to train/underground station. 7/11 is just one block away.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us although you only was able to stay for a day only. We hope the next visit, you will stay longer days with us.Thanks again for a valuable comment. From TEN hostel team

This name reminds me the busy street in Bangkok. Very nice hostel with nice staff, close to busy area, a good choice in Kyoto.

Hostel Ann

Nagoya, Japan

Very nice hostel in a traditional Japanese house. Ann - the owner is quite nice, so are the other staff. Only one shower room, but it's not a problem when it's not busy, also there is conditioner provided in the shower room (normally only shampoo in other hostels). Quite close to the sinterchange station and convenience shop.

Sydney Harbour YHA

Sydney, Australia

very nice location - perfect view to the opera house and harbour bridge.

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

generally good. nice dorm room with nice staff.

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Second time. still excellent.

Colombo Beach Hostel

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Staff is excellent and I have no complaints at all. Just a bit far from the city, but close to beach though. BTW there is no sign to this hostel, and it is not easy to find it at night.

Majestic Tourist Hotel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

20 minute walk to the city or the station. Nice staff and good restaurant. Internet is extremely slow. More family oriented.

YHA Bangkok Airport

Bangkok, Thailand

Quite close to the airport but still need taxi to go. Many mosquitoes:( Nice staff and good facility, but it's not a hostel, just a hotel with a cheaper price.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Generally okay, very close to Khao San. But the room is too big and there are more chances to share the room with some idiots who came back late and talked like in their own room.

Banyan View Lodge

Darwin, Australia

quite a nice hostel, each room has small fridge and aircon, nice to stay. Very close to CBD, about 10 minutes to Coles and banks. many bars next to it, also close to the waterfront. Just, the lounge is not so good, and there is no aircon in it, so most of the time I stay in my own room.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

very nice staff, nice and cool room, I like this hostel.

St Christopher's Greenwich

Cheap accommodation in London. Good breakfast and free wifi. But it is more line an attachment to the bar, not a real hostel. very very noisy outside on the weekend nights till 2:00am.

YHA Cambridge

Cambridge, England

I think it is the only hostel in Cambridge. Very nice staff. A bit far from the city (15 minutes walk) but close to station and supermarket.

Britannia on William

Perth, Australia

pretty old hostel, good location though. In saying that, very noisy outside especially on the weekend, could not sleep at all. I won't stay here for sure next time.

Moafrika Backpackers

Johannesburg, South Africa

It's safe, but far from everything. Good place for a transit.

Jambo Inn

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania

very good location, walk distance to everywhere. the lady in the reception is very nice. room is just okay, the one without ac is very hot. good breakfast though.

it's a hotel, not a hostel. facility is okay. not in the city centre, not so convenient.

YHA London Central

Very nice hostel, I like the bed.

Dublin International (YHA)

Dublin, Ireland

The Asian girl in the reception was very nice.

Mnay thanks for your comments, We are glad that you found our staff to be friendly and welcoming. If you return to Dublin we would be happy to look after you again. Best regards, Pamela. Dublin International Hostel.

best staff ever including the check-in girl and the check-out romanian boy. convenient location, 12 minutes to railway station. very nice breakfast with purchased yogort. room is big with huge toilet inside, just beds are a bit old.

There is nothing like a delicious yoghurt to start the day =) We assume you mean the bathroom is large rather than a giant sized toilet. We hope that's what you meant anyways ;), We really enjoyed you company while you were here please return again sometime =) Safe travels , the hatters team

YHA Oxford

Oxford, England

Best location. Nice staff ESP the deputy manager guy, seems he's there 24 hours. Just a bit old, I don't like the bed.

YHA Cardiff

Cardiff, Wales

Very quite place but can be far by walk. Nice staff.

Hatters at Hilton Chambers

Manchester, England

Very nice staff, and reasonable price.

We thank you....

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Slow wifi, very slow if a group of people are in the lobby.

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

Perfect location with good staff. The knife sold here is the best price in Geneva. No breakfast provided, need to find other places.

Staff was quite nice, and gave me a useful surrounding map. I had a good time there.

A Venice Fish

Venice, Italy

At first I didn't like this hostel when I checked in, as the owner announced the rules like a camp. Then when I talked to him, he was quite funny and kind. Through conversation I knew the reason why the hostel was quite "secret" - quite considerate for the guests. Nice location - 2 minutes to a big supermarket, 10 meters from crowds but very quite. Very safe - staff will check every time I rang the bell. But be patient for toilets - very nice toilet though.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

This is a nice hostel with good location near the train station and a supermarket, staff is nice (the check in gentleman, not the other ladies), and it doesn't have any strange rules like a minimum x nights. Its a good choice in Florence.

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

Room is good, all comfortable single beds in the dorm. Just there is only one (maybe 2) toilet, so be prepared for the long queue.

Hi Qi Wang, first of all thank you for your good review. We reply to your comment because we just would like to inform our guests that in our hostel are present, not one, but two bathroooms. For this reason guests have not to be prepared for long queue as you have incorrectly supposed. Hostel Pisa Tower's staff

I just don't like the welcome drink to hi member - just wonder who will go to another pub for it.

Students & Travellers Inn

Athens, Greece

Very good location, but nothing other than that. 4 beds room is very small, staff doesn't even know where is the bus station.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

The girl I met when I check in was very hospitable. Quite a nice hostel.

Happy Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

No more discount to hi member.

Pretty good hostel

Jumbo Stay STF/IYHF

Stockholm, Sweden

Close to airport, very unique desingn. Just the room is very small.

Very friendly staff, very good breakfast, like it.

Danhostel Copenhagen City

Copenhagen, Denmark

too expensive as a hostel.

Charged me 4 euros more as I am over 27, ridiculous. The stamp machine doesn't return changes, so I bought so many useless stamps.

Pathpoint Cologne

Cologne, Germany

Very good lication

Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Best breakfast.

Doesn't have a reception, I had to check in in the bar. The batman said there was no reservation till I showed the message. No place to charge my phone in the room.

Good morning, Thank you for your message, we knew about this reception problem, that was unfortunately unexpected, we are sorry. The bartender had to make is possible to manage both task. We are keeping attention on your remarks to avoid those problems and improve our service in the future. Best regards and happy new year, Jeoffrey.

Excellent location with dio and metro near by, friendly staff.

The Hostel-Inn Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

One night, just one night the live band was 10 meters away from the window, I couldn't sleep till 3:00am. Girl receptionist in the morning, not the one in the evening.

Hola Wang! thank you for your feedback! We hope you had a great stay at Hostel Inn BA! Just need to make clear that the social events going on around the neighborhood are beyong our control and wasn´t easy night for no one at the hostel in that moment! Have a safe trip! Best regards Hostel Inn BA staff

HI Copa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pretty good hostel, wifi covered in the room, just the room by the street was a bit noisy in the evening.

Dear costumer, thank you for your comment. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your stay. Feel free to come back on any occasion and we recommend you to stay in another room type with rooms in the backside of the building. Kind regards, the Copa Hostel Staff

Sampa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

not good for public transport, shopping centre or post office. though many good restaurants and bars are around here.

We are located 07 blocks from the metro Station Vila Madalena, that can take you to the main places in the city in a very safe way; One street up from the hostel you can take a bus straight to downtown and to the main shopping malls of the City; And it is possible to walk to the nearest post office, 10 minutes walk. 3 Blocks from the hostel has a high street called Cardeal Arco Verde there are buses to almost everywhere in the city. You should had informed you better with our reception about transportation to the places you where intended to go

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

a fun only hostel. lots of party animals come back late in the morning and yelling, extremely noisy and hardly go to sleep the whole night. wifi only in the kitchen and not covered in the room.

Lisboa Central Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

very good hostel. the owner and the staff are very friendly. Very nice breakfast with a special pancake, enjoyed a free dinner and soup too.