DC Lofty - Convention Center

Washington DC, USA

The room and bathroom were very clean, and I was happy that we had one bathroom just for the 4 of us in the room. However, it was difficult to get hot water from the shower and there was hardly any pressure. I liked that I was able to check in during the morning. It was walking distance from all the major museums.

The Purple Goblin

Tallinn, Estonia

Hostel Erottajanpuisto

Helsinki, Finland

Generator Hostel Hamburg

Hamburg, Germany

Please add a message in the dorm room that there are additional bathrooms in the hall. I liked the plugs in the headboards and lobby area.

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Siesta Hostel

Sopot, Poland

The Loft Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

I loved the character of the building. The common area felt like being in a cabin, and it was a great place to chill and meet other travelers. I also found the staff super helpful with making arrangements for local sites and logistics with the next travel destination. I would really recommend this hostel - great if you want to be social, but also if you just need some quiet time.

B&B Petra

Trieste, Italy

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The room & bathroom were really great, breakfast was delicious and filling, and the coffee was fantastic. What a wonderful host - he was very welcoming and always gave good advice on restaurants, etc. This location is easy walking distance to the old centre of town, castle, and major transit stops.

La Pescheria Backpackers

Venice, Italy

Upon entering it feels a little sketchy on the old and dark stairwell up to the reception. I was in a 4 bed room on the top floor which was comfortable enough - felt like I was in a cottage with the wooden rafters above. It is a fairly minimal facility (no breakfast or anything), so I'd consider it as a place to sleep only. There is a kitchen area, and a common room but it is essentially unfurnished.

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

My favourite aspects of the hostel were the free welcome drink (highly appreciated after long travels!), social area with a bar & aperitivo in the evening, lounge space in the basement, nicely decorated outdoor terraces with hammocks, and artistically decorated halls and stairwell. An interesting aspect of this hostel is that it is sometimes frequented by locals during the aperitivo - you don't normally have this opportunity to mingle with locals at a hostel.