Reviews: hollyj50

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 32

Don't trust the shuttle bus back to the hostel from the station outside its scheduled trips. I called the hostel to see if I could get a ride back one evening and was told it would be a few minutes. I waited for half an hour and called 10+ times to see where the bus was - it didn't show up and no one answered the phone.

Q4 Hotel

New York, USA

Apple Hostels of Philadelphia

Philadelphia, USA

Pilgrim House Hostel

Memphis, USA

Great hostel. Quite quiet when I stayed (it was midweek so not a lot of people there) but the staff are really friendly and the hostel is massive - great kitchen and it has a library! The location is slightly further away from downtown than would be ideal, however there is a bus that goes from pretty much right outside the hostel so not an issue.

Great to find a hostel with a pool! The main house could do with more bathrooms and make sure you package any food you keep in the kitchen well - they do get some bugs.

IHSP French Quarter House

New Orleans, USA

Great hostel! Most people staying there were a lot calmer than expected for a weekend in New Orleans' French quarter but it's really clean, all the staff are really friendly (especially Ashley and the girl who pointed me in the direction of the Clover Grill for hangover food - didn't get her name unfortunately) and the location is perfect.

Drifter Jack's Hostel

Austin, USA

great hostel, only downside is there are no cooking facilities in the kitchen other than a microwave

Thanks for the great review. We have a BRAND NEW full service kitchen. We are so excited to offer this to our guests - we know how important it is for budget traveling. Hopefully we will see you again - we'll even cook you a nice meal! Safe and happy travels.

HI Austin

Austin, USA

good, although I wasn't there long enough to get a real idea of the atmosphere thanks to a delayed train!

Great hostel, huge common room, although quite a bit further away from Dallas than I was expecting - however there's a direct train into the city only a 10 minute walk from the hostel.

Great hostel in a good location, very clean, only issues were no AC and internet was slow at times

Hostel Ka'beh Cancun

Cancun, Mexico

Edinburgh Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great location, very clean, fantastic staff

Awesome hostel! My boyfriend and I stayed for a week to attend a festival. The staff were awesome, really friendly and helpful, and the hostel was great. It's got 2 locations just down the road from each other and the one we stayed in was great - we had a huge private room for $13 each per night. The common room and rooftop area were loads of fun and it's in a great location a couple of minutes from the blue line for the subway - I can't recommend this hostel highly enough!

• 12th Sep 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

The lcoation of the hostel was great and the staff were really friendly, however, the lock on the door of the dorm I was staying in didn't work - I was constantly having to go up and down stairs for someone to let me into the room - and there was only one shower/toilet/sink between 10 people.

HI Boston

Boston, USA

Loved this hostel - very clean, very comfy, good location, great staff - only problem was that is was a little on the expensive side, but totally worth it.

DC Lofty - Convention Center

Washington DC, USA

Nice hostel and very friendly, helpful staff, but the aircon was broken in the middle of a HUGE heatwave in Washington DC - plus although they say their renovations are complete, they seemed to be ongoing while I was there.

Excellent location and very friendly staff and guests, but the rooms were pretty dirty - very dusty. Bathrooms were OK but again not the cleanest.