Reviews: hollyj50

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 30

St Christopher's Oasis

On my second out of 5 nights was woken at 1am to be told I had to move beds as they'd forgotten to tell me I was being moved - even though everyone else in the 8-bed room was told and they even left a note on the door telling one person! Couldn't sleep in either room due to traffic noise so I checked out early. Dirty showers, uncomfortable beds, rude staff, little to no hot water the entire time, hairdryer in bathroom didn't work. Fortunately they refunded most of my stay.

• 30th Sep 2012

Hi There! Firstly Thank You for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. It's really disappointing for us to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us at The Oasis. Unfortunately rarely some guests may have to change beds during their stay, we extremely apologize you were not informed this upon check-in. Given our central location of The Oasis it can be noisy, to try to assist with this we offer free earplugs from our 24 hour reception. The Oasis is cleaned on a 24 hour schedule, if at any point guests feel that there is an issue with cleanliness or any other matters that are of a concern we try to encourage our 24 hour reception to be contacted as we are there to assist you so that these particular problems can be sorted as soon as possible and all guests can then enjoy their stay. Thank You again, St. Christopher's Team.

Awesome hostel! My boyfriend and I stayed for a week to attend a festival. The staff were awesome, really friendly and helpful, and the hostel was great. It's got 2 locations just down the road from each other and the one we stayed in was great - we had a huge private room for $13 each per night. The common room and rooftop area were loads of fun and it's in a great location a couple of minutes from the blue line for the subway - I can't recommend this hostel highly enough!

• 12th Sep 2012
  • All Male Group, 25-30

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

The lcoation of the hostel was great and the staff were really friendly, however, the lock on the door of the dorm I was staying in didn't work - I was constantly having to go up and down stairs for someone to let me into the room - and there was only one shower/toilet/sink between 10 people.

• 9th Aug 2012

HI - Boston

Boston, USA

Loved this hostel - very clean, very comfy, good location, great staff - only problem was that is was a little on the expensive side, but totally worth it.

• 7th Jul 2012

DC Lofty - Convention Center

Washington DC, USA

Nice hostel and very friendly, helpful staff, but the aircon was broken in the middle of a HUGE heatwave in Washington DC - plus although they say their renovations are complete, they seemed to be ongoing while I was there.

• 5th Jul 2012

Excellent location and very friendly staff and guests, but the rooms were pretty dirty - very dusty. Bathrooms were OK but again not the cleanest.

• 30th Jun 2012