Reviews: splendourandjoy1123

• Canada, Male, 41+
Boomerang Guesthouse, Selcuk, Turkey
15th Feb 2013

I went in the dead of off season; they basically opened the hostel for me. Great location, never been closer to the bus station in my life. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The dorm room in the basement was freezing, but again, it was the off-season. Good breakfast, good showers, comfy bed.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
Cheers Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
11th Feb 2013

This is an exceptional hostel. The best I found in Turkey; one of the best I've stayed in anywhere. The dorms are clean, showers good, beds comfy. The staff were on their 'A' game even in the dead of winter. I came back after two weeks and was met with smiles and breakfast. I saw them teach a guest to play backgammon, help others book buses and tours (without ever being pushy). The top floor bar is cool (with a view of the Aya Sophia right there). Spend the extra few lira, you'll be glad you did

• Canada, Male, 41+
Dahab Dorms, Dahab, Egypt
30th Jan 2013

I love this hostel. The staff was super friendly. The dorms were clean. The dive centre attached is first class. I planned a couple of days, stayed for two weeks. Best breakfast I've had in a hostel. Yes, there's the odd bug--its the tropics folks. No bed-bugs, no ants, no worries. And as for Egypt, just go. You'll be so glad you did.