Reviews: JanisN84

Location: Latvia, Gender: Male, Age: 29

WoW Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

It does not make any sense...the hostel looked very clean but this was the only one during my 3 month stay in SE Asia after which I was covered with bed bug bites. Otherwise, really cool. The facilities, breakfast, awesome location. Nice restaurants just around the corner.

Love Lane Inn

Penang, Malaysia

This is something special! Definitely not very clean and not the most secure place on Earth, but there is something really cool about it. The vibe. The guys who run the hostel, the `I don`t give a sh**` attitude which sometimes came out of them. The `breadfast`- staff changed name breakfast to breadfast, cause there are only toasts and coffee..but sometimes you don`t need much to be happy. I didn`t find any bed bugs, I found the price really good and people I met there as well.

LYF Lodge

Penang, Malaysia

The location...good if you look for somethig quite, but far from George Town (which was my goal). The monkey beach and park you can reach from both places. LYF Lodge is more like a home stay. I prefer party type hostels, so this was something different. We had a nice and rich breakfast in local market (which were included in price).Room was nice and clean. Print out map and be sure, where to go, cause I spent 1.5 hour wondering around the town (none of the locals I asked could show me the way).

Hostel Cosmopolitan

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent security, good showers. In 12 bed dorm near every bed there is power socket which is awesome (especially after hostels in Vietnam, where you sometimes cannot find more 4 in total (in 12 bed dorm).Didn`t like that I was charged for printing out boarding tickets. Don`t remmeber how much it was but I wasn`t happy, that`s for sure. Especially cause so many hostels would print few pages free of charge, just to make you happy and satisfied with the hostel. But definitely good value for money

The Led Zephyr

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Nice place, but to be honest in this city there are plenty of great places for even cheaper option. Stayed 2nights, found cheaper place and moved out. Very clean, great location, nice bar. Didn't like that the ac was on all the time and felt like in a fridge.

Garden Village Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

For me was a bit much of a party hostel, but if you are up to meet new people and get drunk every night then that's a place to be. The teritorry of hostel is huge. Breakfast alghough could be a bit cheaper. Hood value for money and very helpful staff.

That is hotel, not a hostel, so pay more, get more. Room was nice, with tv and ac, nothing to complain about. Location good, close to the train station, nice swimming pool.

• 5th Dec 2013

Kinnaree House

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

The wifi almost didn't work at all. Only if we were standing next to the window in about one square meter, it was possible to reach weak signal. TV had only some local channels so pointless to have in a room. Overall wasn't bad, but for such price you can find better deal.

• 29th Nov 2013

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

The room was more like a cell. We had 4 bed dorm and basically there were some 40 cm between both beds, so if you are in a 'room' you must be in a bed. Apart from that everything was fine, I mean they have a nice bar downstairs, friendly staff. Location so, so....need to rent scooter to get to the beach and nothing much around to do.

• 27th Nov 2013

Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

The lady at the reception is very helpful, room was big enough, bathroom good as well, only think we disliked were the tiny red ants in our room. But then I got the upper bed and was more than happy.

• 22nd Nov 2013

Black Sheep Hostel

Cologne, Germany

Excellent hostel! We had a big room with confortable beds, the girl at the reception was very friendly and showed us all around. Breakfast was good too. I would definitely recommend!

• 2nd Jul 2013

The White Tulip Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Well, we just stayed there for a night, so cannot say much about the atmosphere. I don`t even have a clue, do they have a common room and kitchen, cause I didn`t see. Anyway, the location is perfect, showers pretty good too. They give towels which is excellent. The only bad thing is that we had only one `entrance card` to our room. About the staff - when we arrived the guy was pretty slow and did not explain anything about the facilities, etc. Next day was awesome administrator.

• 1st Jul 2013

Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo

Bergamo, Italy

We really liked this hostel. Had twin private ensuite with TV and lots of channels and a balcony. Beds were like new, good mattresses. The girl at reception was very friendly and speaks very good English. Breakfast was good. After traveling 2 weeks around Morocco (where many hostels were far from being perfect) here we felt like in paradise! hehe

• 19th Feb 2013

Dar Lalla Kenza

Fez, Morocco

We had a room on the top floor. the only problem - wifi could work better (but we had problem only in our room. Downstairs and on terrace was ok). THot water, heater, nothing to complain about. We had early flight and got a good breakfast served before 7am, which was great. This was the only hostel in Morocco which we found without any problems - the directions given on hostelworld was easy to follow plus they have signs couple of corners before the hostel.

• 17th Feb 2013

Dar Hafsa

Fez, Morocco

Good thing was ac/heater ir room which turned out very usefull. We had a TV in our room but only with 4 channels and all in Italian, so was pointless to us. Sower was good, no problems with a hot water. Location good, very close to blue gate. Breakfast was excellent. Staff was great and helped us with many advices. Very polite and friendly owner. Late check out - very nice. Strong wifi. Only thing - the price was pretty high compared to other hostels in Morocco with almost the same facilities.

• 16th Feb 2013

Riad Baraka

Chefchaouen, Morocco

In this hostel we really felt european touch in any details. I mean the room was finaly bright, blankets warm, everything clean and even garbage bin in a room (seriously in other 5 hostels we could not find). The terrace was superb!!! Very good shower. Ok, it is not a party hostel but in off-season none of marrocean hostels are a party type hostels.

Dar Bargach

Tangier, Morocco

We had a twin private room. The problem like with the most of hostels in Morocco - very dark room, again high humidity and cold during night. Otherwise stay was pleasant - beautiful terrace, small but nice area downstairs with a TV amd lots of channels, lovely breakfast.

hostel was very calm because of the off-season (like all other hostels in Morocco) so the atmosphere wasn't as good as we expected. I believe in summer this could be one of best party hostels in town. During our stay there were problems with running water in all medina. room was dark with a high humidity. Rooftop terrace was great with a small kitchen area!

• 11th Feb 2013

Rainbow Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Actually when we wanted to check in the stuff said that our private twin room is under reconstraction and send us to hotel kennaria just 100 meters from them. That hotel was pretty ok, nothong to complain about. The staff was great, facilities ok Very calm in off season

• 5th Feb 2013

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

We were very satisfied with our stay at this hostel. The location was perfect, staff very helpful and breakfast also ok. If there would be a free internet in a common area, that would be awesome. We went to see a `Hed p.e.` show in Moho Live club and it was some 200 metres from our hostel! This hostel I`d recomend to my friends.

Thanks so much for your great reveiw and comments!! Our hostel is perfectly placed in the Northern Quarter of Manchester, which is full of awesome live music venues!!! Hope we see you again at Hatters!!