Reviews: paulholliday5600

Anne Hostel Yokozuna, Tokyo, Japan
6th Dec 2015

I loved this hostel!! It is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Excellent facilities, lots of info available for day trips outside of Tokyo and nice comfortable beds with your own privacy and plenty of space. If I come to Tokyo again, I will definately stay here again. Japan is such a beautiful country.

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
31st Jul 2015

A great place to stay for a night or more. Very sociable atmosphere, they do stuff like pub crawls and walking tours like in Europe. I only stayed here for one night, but if I come back to KL again in future, this place will be the place to come visit again if the reviews are still excellent as they currently are. Only 5 or 10 minutes walk to the LRT.

Abrahams Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
28th Feb 2015

Although I only stayed here for one night, this was an excellent hostel to stay in and it was right near everything. It was fantastic to be back in Dublin, after visiting here last year. Ireland is a fantastic country and the people are all very friendly and easygoing. They also do a free walking tour here and they are always fantastic fun and very popular amongst the mostly younger people.

Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
25th Feb 2015

A fantastic hostel to stay in. Made my trip very enjoyable to Ireland and there was nothing to complain about. I could have happily stayed longer here and there is so much of Ireland to see. I fully recommend a stay at this hostel.

Hostel Santini Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
8th Sep 2014

Very nice and quiet hostel and away from the noise of the main square where all the nightlife is. As mentioned in previous comments, this does have more of a hotel feel to it, but I spoke to a few people here nonetheless. The staff that work here are very friendly and helpful and I had some good conversations with them during my stay here. It is only a 10 or 15 minute walk to the other side where all the nightlife is. If I come back to Prague one day, this is the place I would stay at.

Hostel Katowice Centrum, Katowice, Poland
7.7
1st Sep 2014

A great place for a quick layover before moving on the next day for my train journey. It was right next to the train station and very easy to find. A very quiet hostel and the people seem to keep to themselves and not really socialise. But I was only here one night and that was enough time for me.

Las Musas Hostel, Madrid, Spain
9th Mar 2014

Great staff here who were very friendly and helpful. They do free walking tours everyday and they also have different events on each night. This hostel was more sociable than the other one around the corner. They even let me change my room for no extra charge so that I could be on the 2nd floor, as I was originally on the 4th floor and didn't like being on the top bunk on the first night I stayed. The only thing was that my room didn't have hot water, so I used the showers downstairs.

Jacobs Inn, Dublin, Ireland
8.0
1st Mar 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and will be coming back again for another 2 nights. Free breakfast everyday which is cereal, toast, juice, coffee and tea. Close to the main city centre and also the bars. The room I stayed in had a shower and toilet of its own. Room also has radiators for a bit of heating when it is cold weather.

St Christopher's Berlin, Berlin, Germany
18th Sep 2013

Great place to stay and end my trip. Beds had own curtains to give you that extra privacy. And I liked the fact that there were lifts so that you didn't have to keep walking up and down the stairs all the time.

Hostel ELF, Prague, Czech Republic
15th Sep 2013

An excellent place to stay and I met some great people at this hostel. Very good directions and this was the easiest hostel I have found once I arrived at the bus station. It is only one stop away and 20 metres walk from the bus stop. Prague is a really amazing place and was well worth the visit for 2 or 3 days. Very easy to explore on foot.

Patio Hostel, Bratislava, Slovakia
14th Sep 2013

Though I only stayed here in Slovakia one night, I really loved this hostel. An excellent place and met some great people. I would recommend the free walking tours and also the castle up on the hill. Food is also excellent.

HomePlus Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
11th Sep 2013

Excellent place to stay. Would recommend it for anyone travelling to Budapest for the first time. They have free dinner every night and it is very filling.

Pink Panther's Hostel, Krakow, Poland
10th Sep 2013

I loved this hostel though I was only here for one night. I hope to come back to Krakow again and see the place in more detail and I will make sure I stay at this hostel again if I do manage to come back. Krakow is amazing and so are all the staff at Pink panthers. Keep up the good work guys and girls!

8th Sep 2013

Great starting and finishing place for my trip. A great introduction to Poland and I want to see more of this amazing country in the near future.

Lancelin Lodge YHA, Lancelin, Australia
6th Jul 2013

I loved this hostel! I have stayed here twice before in 2010 and 2011, but this time was the best! I want to come here again! Met some great people and it is a really good getaway for the weekend!

Colombo Sea View Hostel, Colombo, Sri Lanka
22nd Oct 2012

Very quiet location right near the beach and other attractions. The lady who runs this hostel was very keen on my teddy, Penguin, who she pronounced "Penguel". A tip for people who do the day trip to Hikkaduwa, Bentota or Galle: When you are coming back by train, make sure you get off at Mount Lavina and not the Fort station. It is much quicker and it is only a 10 rupee bus ride to Dehiwala from Mt Lavina.

Sumanjay Homestay, Bangalore, India
19th Oct 2012

Fantastic stay! The people who run this homestay were very friendly and welcoming. Excellent value for money and very close to all the places I wanted to see. Very good to stay for 2 or 3 days. As noted, the only thing was that I didn't have any hot water while using the shower. Other than that, a great place to stay. Would come again if I come to Bangalore again.

Asterix Hostel, Goa, India
17th Oct 2012

An excellent place to stay. Jason was very helpful with all my enquires and so was another person there called Charlie. As a solo travelIer, I was also included with the others which I really liked. Only stayed here for two nights instead of the four that I planned origianlly, but that was only because I had such a short time in India on this occasion and there is so much more to see of this beautiful country. If I come back to Goa again one day, this is the type of place I would stay at again.

15th Oct 2012

A fantastic place to stay! The people here speak very good English and were very helpful with all of my enquiries. If I ever come back to Cochin again, I will definatley stay here again! The only downside was climbing up and down the stairs, but then that is good excercise.

Dear Sir, Thank you for your kind words and for taking time out to review us. We are delighted to know that you found our hostel a fantastic place to stay! We love that you enjoyed our team's efforts and the tiny services that we offer. We would love to have you stay with us again!! Bon Voyage! Yours faithfully, Team Vedanta Wake up!

Footprints Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
14th Oct 2012

A great hostel to stay in and I want to come back again before I go home from my trip. Close to most places and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The only thing I didn't like was walking up the stairs to get to my room, but apart from that I would recommend staying here.

Hi hi, We are welcoming you back with open arms when you come back. Cheers!

Cold Drop Inn, Angeles, Philippines
10th Apr 2010

I only stayed here one night, after a fantastic four days in Puerto Galera. The staff were lovely, especially Sheila. And the next day, they gave me a free ride to the airport. I would definately stay here again if I come back to the Philippines in the future.

Red Palm, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9.3
27th Mar 2010

Stayed here one night, before flying out into Laos. Very friendly and helpful people. I am coming back this way again soon, and if I ever stay overnight in KL again in future, I would definately recommend this hostel.

Som Guesthouse, Phuket, Thailand
9.3
11th Aug 2009

A very good guesthouse and also a diving shop with great diving tours! The people are very nice and friendly and I would definatley stay here again if I ever came back to Phuket in the near future. The only problem was I couldn't find it straightaway, as it is tucked away behind the main road.