Reviews: janinekfitzpatrick2015

Vimarn Hostel Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
7.7
31st Jul 2016

Great location, right on the airport link. Rooms are clean, although the floors could use more toilets. I made a mistake and booked one night more than I needed. Staff did not refund me for my extra night because I was supposed to have given 3 days cancellation notice; no matter that I had only made the booking the day prior and honoured the other two days. Lame! Free breakfast includes toast and cereal, coffee and tea, and there are cookies available during the day. The common area is nice.

Good One Hostel & Cafe Bar, Bangkok, Thailand
7.4
30th Jul 2016

The cafe on the ground floor of this hostel becomes a bar at night; I was staying on the second floor and was kept awake by the noise. It might have been better on a higher floor. Unfortunately because of this, I checked out early to find a quieter place to stay. The staff member who helped me was apologetic and accommodating, and gave me a full refund of my remaining nights. You're expected to pay for coffee or tea with breakfast. The hostel itself is comfortable, location is close to transit.

The Ghee House, Chiang Mai, Thailand
22nd Jul 2016

I stayed here for one night. My room was immaculate and nicely decorated. It's down a well-lit laneway, about a 10 minute walk to the east gate, and is close to the night bazaar. Considering the bathrooms are shared I think this place is relatively expensive. That being said the bathrooms are modern and very clean. The family running the hostel are lovely.

Magpie Residence, Penang, Malaysia
19th Jul 2016

I had a nice stay here. The room was simple and clean, I shared a bathroom with one other room. AC and wifi both worked great. Staff were really friendly and had good food recommendations and advice for getting around the city. The vibe is more like a hotel than a hostel, pretty quiet in terms of meeting others (at least when i was there). 10 minute walk to main heritage areas of the city. Recommended!

Depa House, Ubud, Indonesia
7th Jul 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Depa House and would recommend it to other travelers. The private rooms are clean and comfortable, and have a traditional Balinese feel. It gets hot at night, even with the fan, but I was still able to get to sleep. The owners are very hospitable and offered a pickup from the airport. They helped us arrange day tours and transit to our next location as well. Breakfast on the other balcony was a lovely treat!

7 Wonders Capsule Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
7.4
4th Jul 2016

I stayed here for 4 nights. The beds are comfortable and clean, and the curtain blocks light and some sounds. The dorm spaces are quite cramped - I was lucky to have a bed near the door that faced sideways, the other beds have very limited space for you to move around with your bags. There are 3 toilets and 3 showers per floor, each shared by 2 dorms. With so much traffic, they're hard to keep clean, and the hoses by the toilets leak so they're always wet. Decent location, close to MRT.

1000 Miles (Thousand Miles), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
30th Jun 2016

I had a wonderful stay here! Selina and the other staff were really helpful and accommodating. The rooms are simple and clean, beds are pretty comfortable. The AC is a huge bonus. The hotel is in a great area, walking distance to Chinatown and Little India, and close to a metro station. I'd stay here again, highly recommended!

Planet Traveler Hostel, Toronto, Canada
9.3
24th May 2011

Planet Traveler is a very clean, safe and comfortable hostel. The staff are friendly and the facilities are all new and clean. The rooms don't have much character but the common areas are very cool, and the rooftop bar will be great once it's up and running! Excellent location for the price, I would certainly recommend this hostel to anyone.

Samesun Montreal Central, Montreal, Canada
9.3
20th Feb 2010

Had a great stay! 30 sec from Greyhound station. Very clean, friendly and cool staff willing to help out with anything. The kitchen/bar area is very chill and relaxed, a great atmosphere very fitting to the city! Would definitely stay again.

DC Lofty - Convention Center, Washington DC, USA
2nd Sep 2009

With two flat-screen TVs, free internet and video games, you won't be bored at DC Lofty. A downside to this is that, with everyone watching tv etc, it can be hard to strike up a conversation with other hostellers. The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean. The area in which the hostel is located is a bit sketchy at night, but very convenient to all the major sights (about 15-20 min walk to National Mall).

HI Eastham, Eastham, USA
30th Aug 2009

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. The cabins are clean, and the common kitchen and lounge area is great for getting to know people from all over! I had fun cooking dinner with everyone on my last night; this hostel is far cozier and welcoming than the other HI hostels I've been to. Donnie, her husband Mike and the other staff are very friendly and helpful!

West Side YMCA, New York, USA
7.7
25th Aug 2009

Good sized, clean bedroom for one person. I appreciated the air conditioner in my bedroom, and the bed was relatively comfortable. Nice location near Central Park, but the hostel itself isn't much to look at. A good place to sleep for the night.