Reviews: janinekfitzpatrick2015

Green Tortoise Backpackers

San Francisco, USA

Overall, I enjoyed my stay here. The hostel is located in a convenient spot for walking to the waterfront and Chinatown, and is close to public transit (very close to the 8X bus and about 10 minutes to the BART). The area around the hostel has lots of strip clubs but everything is well lit and I didn't feel unsafe walking around at night. The rooms were simple and clean, my only complaint is that my mattress was kind of lumpy and uncomfortable. Free breakfast and some dinners were great.

• 8th Jul 2013

Thanks for the feedback. Yes our FREE dinners are great - 3 times a week and fun and healthy, Breakfast is comprehensive, eggs, oatmeal, bagels, spreads, fresh fruit, tea and coffee and OJ. We will take a look into the room you stayed in and check on the mattress, thanks for mentioning this. All the best, GT MGT

Planet Traveler

Toronto, Canada

Planet Traveler is a very clean, safe and comfortable hostel. The staff are friendly and the facilities are all new and clean. The rooms don't have much character but the common areas are very cool, and the rooftop bar will be great once it's up and running! Excellent location for the price, I would certainly recommend this hostel to anyone.

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Had a great stay! 30 sec from Greyhound station. Very clean, friendly and cool staff willing to help out with anything. The kitchen/bar area is very chill and relaxed, a great atmosphere very fitting to the city! Would definitely stay again.

DC Lofty - Convention Center

Washington DC, USA

With two flat-screen TVs, free internet and video games, you won't be bored at DC Lofty. A downside to this is that, with everyone watching tv etc, it can be hard to strike up a conversation with other hostellers. The staff are friendly and helpful, rooms are clean. The area in which the hostel is located is a bit sketchy at night, but very convenient to all the major sights (about 15-20 min walk to National Mall).

HI-Eastham Hostel

Eastham, USA

I had a wonderful time at this hostel. The cabins are clean, and the common kitchen and lounge area is great for getting to know people from all over! I had fun cooking dinner with everyone on my last night; this hostel is far cozier and welcoming than the other HI hostels I've been to. Donnie, her husband Mike and the other staff are very friendly and helpful!

West Side YMCA

New York, USA

Good sized, clean bedroom for one person. I appreciated the air conditioner in my bedroom, and the bed was relatively comfortable. Nice location near Central Park, but the hostel itself isn't much to look at. A good place to sleep for the night.