Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 38

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Invictus hostel had very nice staff and facilities. The staff provided great detail in their description if the hostel and opportunities in Porto. The kitchen was also quite good.

We Love Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Hostel is very near a metro, bus line from airport and supermarket. The staff was very helpful and getting used to the routine of running a new hostel. Kitchen a bit small for breakfast, but well equipped for making lunch or dinner.

Everton Hostel

Liverpool, England

I stayed on a Saturday night which is the most expensive day to stay in England. I appreciated the breakfast and really liked how they reorganized the living room furniture to make the atmosphere more conducive to social interaction. Additionally the kitchen was very nice.

Blue Sky Hostel

Glasgow, Scotland

The kitchen and people working at the hostel were quite nice and helpful, but I could have done without the nightly drinking games which were quite loud and pretty much took over the social area of the hostel.

Light House Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Great hostel in Edinburgh which nice rooms, bathrooms, and kitchen. The staff was very helpful and had a cookout before I went to catch a bus to Glasgow. A bit expensive because of the Fringe festival which I unfortunately did not know about.

The hostel was a great value in London. A bit large when it came to dorm size, but that is London especially in the summer. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a decent hostel on a bus route from Victoria station.

Levanten Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

This is a new hostel in Istanbul and the location is pretty good although hard to find. I stayed one night and the night before the basement/kitchen flooded so I was unable to use it or the washing machines. Overall I liked the hostel.

Caupo

Istanbul, Turkey

This is a new hostel in Istanbul that had flooding issues in their basement the first night of my stay so I was unable to use the kitchen or do laundry.

Crosspoint Sofia Hostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

The atmosphere and staff at the hostel was very good. The beds were good and the rooms were spacious. The kitchen was nice, but lacking in cleaning supplies and a few more utensils would have been helpful.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

For me this was too big of a hostel. A lot of people were there to party in Sofia, but I just wanted to relax a bit and plan my next destination. This was not really the hostel for that.

Hostel Magaza

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The hostel had a few issues...the shower did not have a door so the floor was flooded, the kitchen was lacking decent pots and pans, and the staff was not present most of the day over the weekend so I was unable to use the hostel computer.

Apartment Arapovic

Dubrovnik, Croatia

The apartment was amazing as was Pavo. The location was perfect not too far from the old city and the supermarket.

Jazz Hostel & Apartments

Bled, Slovenia

The hostel had a nice kitchen and comfortable beds. The staff was also very helpful.

Confidenti Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

This hostel was very nice as was the staff. The kitchen was great as was being able to use the washing machine for free. I would definitely stay here again.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

This hostel was nice, but a bit expensive and I was not a fan of the neighborhood.

Southern Comfort

Cusco, Peru

The staff were excellent, the kitchen and bbq were great, and the rooms were quite nice as well. I liked the location because it was far enough from the Plaza to get away from majority of the tourists and party hostels, but close enough to walk to the sights in 10-15 minutes.

Cabanita's House

Arequipa, Peru

Cabanita┬┤s House was a great hostel to relax at and a good base to explore Arequipa from. It is just south of a beautiful park and a bit north of the city center. The staff of the hostel were very nice and were looking for any suggestions on how they can improve this relatively new hostel. Additionally the kitchen although relatively simple worked great (i.e. decent pans).

Ruca Hostel

Puerto Varas, Chile

Excellent hostel with an excellent staff. Really enjoyed the kitchen and people here. One of my favorite hostels in South America.

Duo Housing Los Angeles

Los Angeles, USA

Hostel Ka'beh Cancun

Cancun, Mexico

The breakfast was excellent because you had multiple choices.

Hello! I'm glad you appreciated the variety of breakfast options we offer... but I am a bit puzzled about the low rating going along with a positive comment! - David Uribe Hostel Ka'beh Owner + Manager

The beds in this hostel were excellent as was the eggs for breakfast as long as you woke up before they were all eaten.

Pax Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The hostel was organized very well. Although the dorms are suppose to be very large it was organized in a way that made me feel as though I was in a 4 bed dorm.

El Sol Hostel de Recoleta

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I enjoyed this hostel and the kindness of the staff. Unfortunately when I arrived in BA I initially thought I was allergic to something in the hostel so I switched.

Ace Backpackers Youth Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The two best parts of this hostel were staff and breakfast.

El Misti Botafogo Hostel e Pousada

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I did not care for the 3 story bunk beds. The dinners and breakfast were both good.

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

After 6 months of travel Hong Guesthouse had the fastest wifi of just about any place in the world. The people I met here were nice, but the room was lacking something(nice, but not great). The price was okay although the directions at the time could have been modified considering the gas station was no longer present.

Ann Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Ann's is an excellent guesthouse with a wonderful kitchen and a greeat view of Seoul. Ann is a great host offering breakfast and even to do some laundry. I would highly recommend a return visit.

Hwa Seong Guest House

Suwon, South Korea

I really liked this guesthouse even though it was in Suwon and not Seoul. I would have appreciated a little forewarning of this fact before flying into Korea. (Also the guesthouse was difficult to find even with the directions) The owner of the hostel was so very nice and drove me to Seoul.

I only stayed here one night because it was close to the subway line going to the airport. The room seemed a bit shabby, but perhaps that was due to my roommates.

The location of this hostel was perfect for a trip to the Expo. I am not sure how the location is now that the Expo is over. One plus is the subway station right across the road.