Reviews: hollyjoy_9380

8.0
16th Jul 2017

All about location. You can walk to many sites from here (although the hostel map is a little confusing). There were only Chinese-run tours available when we were there, would be great if there were smaller style tours as well in english for non-Chinese tourists to get a better understanding. Hostel isn't clean. I'd stay there again and recommend to others a private room for $30aud (good value).Ps, try doran chai in kashi! If you're vegetarian it is very difficult in kashgar.

11th Jul 2017

Charley Johngs, at the foot of the sand dunes, is a relaxing no-fuss retreat. We stayed in a private double with bathroom. The boss was super helpful our whole stay, he can organize tours for you and answer quests, the central courtyard Is a great spot to read and hang out. The hostel can provide towels and there is an old school washing machine for you to use. Good coffee too!! I'd definitely stay here again and I'd definitely recommend to others. Ps: do the overnight camel trip it is sublime.

10th Jul 2017

Great position, close to the pedestrian street of restaurants. Easy to walk to drum tower and Temple. They helped us organize a trip to bingou park and danxia geological reserve which was really good value for money and I appreciate the help that was given. Taxi from west train station to the hostel was ¥8. Taxi from hostel to normal train station was cheap too and easy to hail a cab. Beds are hard. The cleanliness of the hostel is fine it was more the guests who were unclean within the hostel.

Touran Backpacker Hostel, Hangzhou, China
7th Feb 2014

Central Hostel, London, England
6.6
25th Jul 2013

I would only recommend this hostel to those who were on their last pennies or who were planning on spending most of their time out of the hostel. I can't really comment on the facilities because I don't know exactly what is available. Note: THERE IS NO WIFI. I would recommend to the owners that their staff as a hospitable gesture, take the guests to their room and give a small tour of the place. Good customer service is lacking.

Brown Sugar Backpackers, Johannesburg, South Africa
10th Feb 2013

Brown Sugar is a very clean hostel, it's got a lot of character (big old mansion), Liesel and what I believe to be her counterpart were very helpful and friendly. The rest of the staff not so much but customer service can be hit and miss. It is more expensive than other hostels I stayed at in Joburg, and the internet is not free, but it is a fun place to stay for the experience and atmosphere. I recommend it for solo travellers especially! Thank you!