5footway.inn Project Chinatown 1

Singapore, Singapore

Extremely good location, just 2 public toilet seats for the whole block, have to wait a while in busy time, breakfast provided although the toaster is not working very well

• 1st Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Best location in Santa Monica, but they keep cancelling tours from hostel such as tour to Getty Centre, so that I needed to go there by myelf, but that was still a good experience for me!!!

• 3rd Dec 2013

Stay on Main

Los Angeles, USA

It was literally a hotel, good location if you are just focusing on downtown LA

• 18th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Must be one of my top three hostels around the world, good security, good setting of the beds so that bedside light from the next bed won't affect you, you can have a new floor mat when you take a shower, staff clean your dishes after breakfast, few-minute walk from south station bus terminal and metro stations, cafe-style lobby

• 17th Nov 2013

Big Apple Hostel

New York, USA

Location, location, location.... Location can be much better than most of the hotels in NYC. But no breakfast included, just coffee or tea or hot chocolate provided, no lockers in the room, luckily only me was in my 3-person dorm room, still need to wait for toilet or shower during peak hours

• 13th Nov 2013

Hollywood Youth Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

Location location location!!! My door lock was broken and no one concerned about me when I got my backpack from the storeroom without asking any staff!!!

• 29th Oct 2013

Boomerang Hotel

Luxor, Egypt

Don't worry for half day trip to West Bank as the staff will offer you immediately after checking in and they will tell you what time to wake up, take shower, have breakfast and leave. The driver of the airport transport may also tell you his car is not allowed to pass through the guard, but you may find out that he just wants to save LE5 and you have to walk a distance with your backpack.

• 10th Apr 2013
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your review. We advise you what time the tour is departing so that you do not hold up other, we apologise if it bothered you that we wish ALL our guests to enjoy their tours and experiences with us. The drivers we provide from the hotel must all give me ( MIA, owner) the airport tickets when they return. In future it may be better when I offer you a driver, to take it thus avoiding an awkward situation. We advise and assist guests as much as we can, it is your right to take our advice or to leave it. Inshallah future travel will be better as you may take advice offered.

Keylany Hotel

Aswan, Egypt

Quite a distance from the train station. I love the pool on the roof and the delicious crepe in breakfast. They provide half day trip to Unifinished Obelisk, Philae Temple, High Dam & Kalabsha Temple for LE150. Also, they provide private car from Aswan to Luxor with stops at Kom Ombo temple and Edfu temple for 6 hours costing LE350. Great for me!!!

• 8th Apr 2013

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

Excellent location with walkable distance to major attractions, easy for transportation to and from airport by airport express, friendly and helpful staff, great discount on tickets and the niagra fall day tour they recommended is great

• 23rd May 2012
  • Hong Kong

Glad you not only enjoyed your stay with us but also the Niagara tour! We try to give you the best recommendations to make your trip a memorable one!

Great location as most important attractions are in walking distance, tasty bagel and cream cheese as breakfast, friendly staff with good suggestions to Lynn Valley Park, but my room is facing the street so quite noisy at night and the washroom facilities can be improved by renewing toilet seats and increasing their number.

• 12th May 2012

Kayun Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

Not the real Kuta but still a good location. Forget about the breakfast and find a good one nearby. Suggestion are to provide more travel information, at least the booklet of the partnered travel agent. Olwin helped me a lot although that may be not her duty.

• 21st Feb 2012

City Backpackers Singapore

Singapore, Singapore

Excellent location and direction, convenience store nearby, universal studio ticket discount, i think it may be a good idea to take off shoes before entering the floor but people keep wearing slippers, also not much character

• 24th Dec 2011

Starlight Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Excellent location in the "monster city"!! I feel completely safe in the neighbourhood and I can walk around alone even at night. Extremely closed to supermarket which opens 24 hours a day. When I first stepped in the hostel I feel absolutely comfortable and the staff helped me gladly. The only thing I want to point out is there are no big lockers for storing my backpack and you have to pay R$10 for a small locker at the reception. it would be better if there are sockets inside the room. GREAT!!

• 16th Jul 2011

Copacabana Wave

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff are helpful especially when they agree to refund as I want to leave early to move to another hostel a corner away which is much more better in every way than this one. there is not much to complain as it is almost empty in my private room. needs a huge improvement in cleanliness and i have to go downstair for the bathroom to pee and take a shower. Things in this hostel seem not to be very organized and i really have a lot of doubts in the previous reviews on this hostel.

• 13th Jul 2011
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for your comment. Just to be sure everything is clear, our profile mentions simple double room with shared bathroom, which it is. Sorry if you had higher expectations, but we made it clear. Hope you enjoyed your days in Rio. Kind regards, Copacabana Wave Hostel

Hostel Suites Florida

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Excellent location!! Everything is wonderful except one or two of the staff are not well trained as they can give me 'I have no idea' without trying to ask for others' help. The travel agents are helpful so you won't be bored in Buenos Aires. You won't be disappointed when staying in this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2011

Hostel Kokopelli

Lima, Peru

I love the big locker and moreover the socket inside the locker!! It would be much better if there are more bathrooms and toilets. It will be best if the staff can tell me the exact amount of the excursion before it starts...

• 22nd Jun 2011
  • Hong Kong

The arrangement of the room is flexible so that I can stay in the same room for the extra night. The staff is helpful, although they pointed the different locations that I want to go

• 20th Sep 2010
  • Hong Kong

It would be better if we didn't need to change room after the first night.

• 16th Sep 2010

HM Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Except the good location, free towel and strong wifi signal, nothing will make me come back. Only one bathroom and one toilet for all people in the hostel, including staff. Not all rooms have air conditioning. But they will let the fan turn on for an empty seat of the reception instead of 3 sweating people in the room. I can't sleep well throughout the night.

• 28th Jul 2010

Equity Point Gothic

Barcelona, Spain

Love at first sight but find out more bad things gradually. We have to pay for the blanket, I am afraid that we have to pay for mattress in the future... My stuff is removed to the front desk while I left hostel at early morning as they forgot I was checked in the night before. The staff will give you the key of the lugguage room but no one will lock the door and the door cannot be closed properly.

• 26th Jul 2010

Bilbao Akelarre Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

Although Bilbao is not very big, the hostel locates 10-15 minutes away from metro while not much grocery stores or restaurants around.

• 25th Jul 2010

Samay Hostel Sevilla

Seville, Spain

Helpful staffs. Flamingo show recommended by hostel is good. Also the free walking tour. Tour guide Alvaro did a good job in introducing stories and funny stuff about Seville.

• 24th Jul 2010

Hostal Facundo

Tarifa, Spain

Location is really good, 10 minutes from port and 5 minutes from bus station, 2 supermarkets nearby, 10 minutes to beach, but quite noisy at night as on the main road and others having party untill 6am (I guess?), many bathrooms but more toilets should be set, staff may be of some temper

Riad Verus

Fez, Morocco

Although the location is challenging to find and the basin is not inside the toilet, the riad is very beauutifully furnished with Moroccan style. Strong wifi signal. Location is near the BB area (with lots of restaurants and shops) within walkable distance. Hostess, who comes from England, is very nice and helpful. She is so eager to show you the best route to all the wonderful spots. The route becomes easy to findI am so looking forward to seeing her and her daughter in the near future.

Hello, thanks for the lovely comments you posted and sorry the toilet didnt have the basin inside the cubicle but in the bathroom next door, this was a real nag when the design came through. Glad you appreciated our location and also the free WIFI. thanks for your best wishes for me and my daughter!

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

breakfast included, toast and cereal, air-con was not on every night, drainage and the setting of toilet can be improved, wifi signal at room may be too weak, but location is really really convenient, i will go back to stay for more nights if i am back to madrid

newly furnished, big lockers for my big backpack, cheap sode in the common room, but the bathing compartment may be too small and less privacy(?) XD, funny and helpful staff, but roommate keeps door unshut so the light keeps entering the room while i was sleeping, the hostel locates near a few inexpensive restuarants and 2 metro stations to the one of the main railway station

Too many people smoke inside the hostel. The allocation of the bed is quite chaotic. Maybe the hostel staff allows travellers to choose their beds in the room instead of telling them which beds they should sleep.

It looks old but traditional. More comfortable than it looks and expected

Excellent location, espeically for the World Expo goers, but dirty kitchen table that makes my stuff greasy, and sometimes second-hand smoke!

• 10th May 2010
  • Hong Kong

staff are not helpful enough, the location is a little bit far from the main road