Reviews: marcovalentinopereira5878

1st May 2016

Simple but convenient.

Dahab Dorms, Dahab, Egypt
10th Apr 2013

I went for the cheap dorm, so the bed was a bit soft for my taste- but even that was value for money as it was very cheap... and I got an apartment with a decent bathroom. Osama the receptionist was first class, and before you could say Yalla, he had arranged my kitesurfing lessons, my trip to the Blue Hole for snorkelling and the hike up Mt Sinai. He really went out of his way in every respect - true hospitality. Good location too!

Rocky Mountain Hotel, Petra, Jordan
2nd Aug 2011

The Rocky Mountain was a fantastic place to stay - we had a room with an incredible view and a cute veranda outside where we had breakfast. Nigel was very helpful shuttling us to and from the entrance to Petra, and Jane was always there to offer us a tea and make us feel welcome over a long chat. There was Internet, and there was also a very reasonably priced desert camp dinner under the stars, organised by the hostel. They really go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and to help you.

Mewar Inn, Udaipur, India
8.7
3rd Dec 2009

The staff here were very helpful and welcoming; I arrived literally shivering after a long night bus, and was immediately given a room to rest in, even though my booking was for the evening, 12 hours later. There is a chilled rooftop terrace with good food. Good Internet access too. Room is clean and comfortable, and the first shower in India that was actually too hot at first! Also walking distance to the excellent puppet museum, but not so central for the City Palace.

Durag Niwas Guest House, Jodhpur, India
5.7
1st Dec 2009

Perhaps I just unlucky, but most things went wrong for me here. Bed too short, no blanket, no towel, no toilet paper. When I requested toilet paper the next day, given cheap napkins instead. U$10 for a half-load of laundry; when I commented on the extorsion, I was brought another guest to confirm that I was the crazy one. I had to remind them to bring me the laundry too btw. Very dull atmosphere (I was the oldest there at 31). Even more dull during power cuts. No chicken although it was on menu.

Our Dear Mr. Marco, We are sorry that you had bad experience at our Home-stay, we expected this review from you. As i said to you earlier as well and i am stating the same again,unfortunate for us, you were one of the unfriendly guest we have hosted in the last 20 years of our establishment. Please also mention how rude you were to our staff and what unfriendly behavior you had to speak with people for U$10. Yes you were the youngest of all the other guest at the guest house and we are happy that we have elderly people staying with us who have manners to speak and know how to treat other human beings.

Chacha's Garden, Pushkar, India
8.7
30th Nov 2009

A cute little place, with Internet and a lovely garden. Very centrally located in terms of the lake.

Krishna Palace, Jaipur, India
29th Nov 2009

Incredible hospitality - the host goes out of his way to accomodate you and make you welcome (I arrived a day early, for example, and was found a bed). Lovely rooftop terrace and garden cafe. Nice rooms and friendly feel. I highly recommend the Krishna Palace to anyone.

Hotel Prince International, New Delhi, India
5.0
26th Nov 2009

The shower was just a cold trickle - so I preferred to remain dirty. A bit pricy for what I got out of it!

18th Aug 2009

Excellent atmosphere - Dave the owner enjoys welcoming guests and chatting to them, and sharing stories. Interesting fellow travellers, and great Internet, DVD room, pool table, etc.