Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Flashpackers Hervey Bay

Hervey Bay, Australia

Great place, felt like being at home in no time. Good equipped kitchen, only think missing to make it perfect is an oven. Big walk inn fridge, huge movie room, nice outside area. If you have to catch an early Premier Bus you might have to take a Taxi. The first shuttle leaves at 7.30am and my bus was before 6am. I paid 13.70$, if you are lucky more people need to catch the same bus and you can share costs. Would always go back there. I LOVED this place!!!

• 15th Dec 2015

Rambutan

Townsville, Australia

No atmosphere at all. Very tiny Dorm (8beds) and no space for your stuff! No locker. Kitchen was always very dirty. Nothing there to clean up after yourself. I liked the locker inside the fridge. To get there you need to walk trough a parking area (very hot and smelly) Laundry very expensive, 5$ for washing machine and 5$ for dryer, which you need, because there is no space to let clothes dry. Nice pool and it's only a 10minute walk from the bus stop and ferry to magnetic island.

• 9th Dec 2015

Jackaroo Treehouse Mission Beach

Mission Beach, Australia

Great Location sourronded by the jungle. They have a van that takes you to the supermarket, bus station, beach or national park a few times a day. Can get very busy in the kitchen during the evening. Basic breakfast, nice pool and friendly stuff. Would have loved stay one more night, just because of the family like atmosphere, it was super easy to meet other people!

• 7th Dec 2015

Rest Inn Dormitory

Bangkok, Thailand

Okay for one night. Very Close to Kaoh San Road. Came by bus and could walk there. Dorm room was never locked. You have a locker under you bed.Not sure how save that place is.Smelled like Indian spieces, I guess from therestaurant they have downstairs. Easy to organize pick up for Airport. 7/11 right across the street.No common area. Big room bith toilet and shower outside. Everthing could be a Little cleaner. I guess you get, what you pay for...

• 28th Sep 2015

Goodtime Beach Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Very loud at night. Thats the reason while I moved after only two nights. There is a bar right next to the hostel. Loud Music until late at night. Not good if you wanna go diving in the morning. You get a discount at the bar next door and at the dive shop they work with. Very clean but bathroom smelled weird. Friendly stuff.

• 18th Sep 2015

BED STATION Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Very good hostel. Close to MBK and Indonesian Embassy (you can walk there) but far away from other things. Not to many Food places in the area. I booked one night and when I wanted to stay longer they charged me more than I payed for the first night. They said they only have this cheap Prices on hostelworld. If you wanna stay longer, make sure you book all nights before you arrive online. Hostelworld charged me 330Baht and they asked for 450! I could print out some things I needed for free.

• 14th Sep 2015

City Capsule Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

The hostel just opened when I stayed there. Had the whole dorm for myself. Which was nice but could get lonely. I guess it´s gonna be nice if it is getting busy. Booked a very good cooking class with them. First floor Looks really nice and new, second floor is okay, Could be a Little cleaner... Friendly stuff, helped me with booking everthing I needed.

• 8th Sep 2015

Mercy Hostel

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Nice and helpful staff. Very clean place! It was easy to meet other people in the common area. It's not in on a main street, which makes it kind of scary to walk there on your own at night. But I felt save to walk around, there are enough streetlights but just no people. I loved the little, clean kitchen area. It allows you to prepare your own breakfast. Free hot and cold water is always available. They also have free coffee.

• 5th Sep 2015

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

Friendly stuff. Some Areas could be cleaner. Is pretty much a Party place. Can be VERY loud during the night. Close to where the bus droped me off, Only a two Minute walk from the Guesthouse! Food is okay but don´t try the Pizza, worst I ever had.

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Globetrotter

It was very hard to open the door of the room. Would wake up everybody at night be leaving the room. Told them the door has a Problem, they said they gonna fix it. Stayed at the first dorm on the right. Pool is nice but constrution worker would watch the Girls all the time and they don´t even try to hide it! Did not feel save there and left after a short time. Good breakfast, much to choose from.

• 25th Aug 2015

Flipside Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Personal sehr hilfsbereit und Freundlich. Große Schließfächer unter den Betten. Darin ist sogar Platz für das Gepäck. Die Dorms sind größer als angegeben. anstelle von 7-8 Betten gibt es 10. Klimaanlage wird nur für die Nacht angemacht. Was aber auch ausreicht. Ich habe ein Open Bus Ticket gebucht. Der Nachtbus nach Hue war wirklich okay und sehr sauber. Allerdings gab es keine Toilette und der Fahrer hat an verschiedenen Stellen noch Locals eingesammelt die dann auf dem Boden geschlafen haben.

• 13th Jul 2015

The Island Hotel Bali

Kuta, Indonesia

Great place but you will have to walk a little to get to the beach. I only stayed one night but I loved the beds and there was a pool right in front of your dorm. Enough showers and toilets for everybody. Delicious breakfast. VERY friendlich stuff, they also speak very good english. Would love to come back one day.

• 14th Nov 2014

Gili La Boheme

Gili Trawangan, Indonesia

A long walk to get there. It´s very dark inside the hostel. Very small rooms but with lockers under your bed to put everything in, even your backpack... everything looks organized that way. They should buy new mattresses! I canceled after only one night to go somewhere close to the beach, with a much better bed, a pool and not to far off from everything important...

• 7th Nov 2014

MEININGER Amsterdam City West

Amsterdam, Netherlands

You have to take the bus to get to the city center. The rooms are clean but they should change the dishcloth in the kitchen more often. The stuff is very helpful, I had some problems with a roommate and they made it easy for me to change the room. A thing I didn´t like to much was that there where always a school class in the hostel and its also a hotel with familys. Bring a lock for your room but you don´t need towel (I even got two, a small and big one). Nice place for your stay

• 6th Mar 2013

I-Bed

Koh Samui, Thailand

Great and clean place. Not to busy, great if you wanna relax a little and close to the beach.

• 1st Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

The staff is very welcoming and helpful. I can´t even tell how nice they are. Only five minutes to the beach, close to some restaurants and 7/11.

• 28th Jul 2012

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Good and clean hostel.friendly stuff as well. Close to Kaho San Road :) 15minutes by walking to grand palaces. 7/11 just around the corner. The 22bed room really is not that bad! You got a big locker to but all your stuff in. I liked that the key is kind of a bracelet. Would always stay there again :)

• 21st Jul 2012

Brazen Backpackers

Staff is great :) And by far the best thing about the hostel. I stayed one night only, I would not stay there any longer. You could feel every single feather in the mattress. The bed itself shaked every time you moved a little bit. I could here everything going on in the rooms next to mine. The bathroom wasn´t very clean when I took a shower in the morning.

• 9th Mar 2012

YHA London Oxford Street

Great Location, great place, stuff was always helpful and very nice :) A lot old people and familys but i guess it was because of the season. only a few minutes to a supermarket and underground. very clean! kitchen got everything you might need for cooking, making breakfast,...

• 13th Nov 2011

Hostal de l'Alguer

Alghero, Italy

I didn´t like the location. It was in the middle of now where. It´s in Fertilia and you have to take the bus to get to Alghero and there isn´t much to do either!I usally walked back to the hostel after spending the day at the beach.You have a small supermarket close to the bus stop and some restaurants.a girl from my room told me there used to be much more people during summer and it´s the first time almost nobody is there...good place if you only stay one night to keep on traveling the next day

• 28th Jul 2011

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Fun place, close to Termini. SMALL kitchen, you will have to wait to use the stove. I got a room right next to the reception, they really made sure the people are quite at nigh time only problem - the door! you get a key for a big, heavy, wooden front door, a key for a door between hostel and wooden door and both doors where next to my room. if someone came or left the hostel you could here them closing the door all the time. but it´s very save this way!!! bring a padlock for your stuff...

• 25th Jul 2011
  • Globetrotter

I had a great time! You doing a perfect job!!!